PDA

View Full Version : Slow Calcasieu River evening

huntin fool
06-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Fished this dogfight and will fish all the rest for this summer.. Fishing was slow. I went from hanging a 8 1/2 lb sack last wednesday to coming in with 2 fish tonight. LOTS AND LOTS of little fish.

Ohwell its early and they are already schooling, so it has no where to go but up

LPfishnTIM
06-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I know the feeling, of catching fish, just not ones big enough to weigh in, your biggest advantage as a bass angler is the convenience of living where you fish! I live an hour from my weekly fishing hole!

MossLake
06-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Guess that's why they call it Fishing instead of Catching.

SaltERedneck
06-02-2011, 07:50 AM
sorry to hear that dude.... keep trucking and you will get em. I can vouch for the river being slow. hopefully it will pick up soon

RODBENDER
06-03-2011, 05:17 PM
I took my on out today on the Westfork for some action. I threw a smoke/blue fluke and caught three keepers. My son was fishing with worms and tore up the bream. We kept 42 bream. We also caught one four pound catfish on a worm. The fight was on as soon as the worm hit the water. Mys on is eight and he laughed the whole time he faught the big cat. That lilttle pole he was using was doubled over and screaming. As the bite slowed we puled up to our last spot and I heard my son laughing. I looked back and he was lifting a mullet into the boat. He was on fire! The heat chased us in soon after. He feel asleep while I strapped the down down. A great day, I must say!!!

iron man
06-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Guess that's why they call it Fishing instead of Catching.

well see, KVD might call it catching.

huntin fool
06-03-2011, 09:41 PM
I took my on out today on the Westfork for some action. I threw a smoke/blue fluke and caught three keepers. My son was fishing with worms and tore up the bream. We kept 42 bream. We also caught one four pound catfish on a worm. The fight was on as soon as the worm hit the water. Mys on is eight and he laughed the whole time he faught the big cat. That lilttle pole he was using was doubled over and screaming. As the bite slowed we puled up to our last spot and I heard my son laughing. I looked back and he was lifting a mullet into the boat. He was on fire! The heat chased us in soon after. He feel asleep while I strapped the down down. A great day, I must say!!!

I had 8 fish today go over 1 1/34 lbs.. I was pissed. Had a decent 2 1/2 flop off as my bud slung it in the boat.. It fell off 6 inches short haha

LPfishnTIM
06-03-2011, 10:40 PM
I had 8 fish today go over 1 1/34 lbs.. I was pissed. Had a decent 2 1/2 flop off as my bud slung it in the boat.. It fell off 6 inches short haha
thats one reason I stopped slinging bigger ones in, I slung a 3lder in one day while I was reeling fast almost had a 3ld fish at the tip of my rod, gladly it didn't break my rod or fall off, it was a scare!

huntin fool
06-04-2011, 11:31 AM
thats one reason I stopped slinging bigger ones in, I slung a 3lder in one day while I was reeling fast almost had a 3ld fish at the tip of my rod, gladly it didn't break my rod or fall off, it was a scare!

I sling em up to 3 1/2 ish.

After that I lip em.. Be glad you don't trout fish with us.. We sling 5's in the boat.. I mainly try and hit waltrip in da nuts with the fish when I sling em...