PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Lake 6-5-11

Jordan
06-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Got to the launch right at daylight to meet up with BohunterBiff. We went to our top secret classified hot spot in the lake. We were the only ones there for about 45 minutes then the whole city of Leesville showed up in boats. We had 5 other boats within casting distance chasing schoolies. We had numerous blowups on top water. I caught a few on crawfish black/silver crankbaits. All in all I guesstimated around 40ish bass. We fished til almost noon. It was hot as hell !!!!!!

No pics because we didnt keep any.

Micah
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Good job Jordan!!!

PaulMyers
06-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Jordan, you know it didn't happen without pics. That's why they coined the term CPR. ;)

Thanks for the report man!

Sent from my EVO

mcjaredsandwich
06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Nice Jordan. Glad yall were on some fish. Them potlickers can get annoying. Saw it happen yesterday at the burn out. Some guy was catching reds and bass at the mouth of the canal, some dude with money came and fished 15 feet from him. The ladies on the boat were wearing dresses. 40ish fish is a nice amount. Lots of hooksets! Way to go

Jordan
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
we missed double than we caught. Bihunterbiff is an electronic genius on the fish finder. He Hung his first crappie...... All the fish we caught were schoolies. They would bust shad, i'd throw ANYTHING at them and they would nail it. All were about 1-3 lbs

Jedi Lure Tricks
06-06-2011, 09:39 AM
we missed double than we caught. Bihunterbiff is an electronic genius on the fish finder. He Hung his first crappie...... All the fish we caught were schoolies. They would bust shad, i'd throw ANYTHING at them and they would nail it. All were about 1-3 lbs

way to go Jordan! sounds like a great trip with all those bites! nice average size too.. sounds like the electronics you mentioned are one of those sweet sidefinder units? i have a couple buds with sidefinders.. those things rock!

Jordan
06-06-2011, 09:52 AM
wasnt a side finder... a hummingbird 525 or something like that.... we found a huge crappie canopy in about 20' of water. It was cool watching it on the electronics though. I lost one of my favorite crankbaits on that canopy, i was mad. It was a fund day though...

bohunterbiff
06-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Update:
Went this morning with my son and a load of shiners; boated 10-15 small crappies, four 1 lb bass and missed a large 4 lbr. Now I HAVE to upgrade my fishfinder.