PDA

View Full Version : SB-73

Raymond
06-09-2011, 09:42 AM
Yesterday SB-73 made it out of the Senate natural resources committee with major opposition and now is headed to the House for consideration.
Please shoot your representative an email asking him/her to make a point of looking at the facts of the legislation and to vote for the bill. While I am on a roll, it sure would be nice if everyone that has a dog in this fight to email Senator Blade Moorish at the address below to thank him for carrying the water for us. Blade is not my senator but spent 45 minutes with me on the phone discussing the dredging issue on Big Lake several months ago.

morrishd@legis.state.la.us

Thanks,

Raymond Little

Micah
06-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Did mine this morning!!

cmdrost
06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Everyone- Despite our efforts- SB 73 was defeated on the House Floor today. Seems they thought we were being too exclusive with our bill trying to protect the resource we all like to use......:pissed:

"W"
06-16-2011, 08:05 AM
Everyone- Despite our efforts- SB 73 was defeated on the House Floor today. Seems they thought we were being too exclusive with our bill trying to protect the resource we all like to use......:pissed:

Well we need to pull a Nancy P...like the Health Care bill...

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/n/nancypelos411981.html)

Raymond
06-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Not sure if the results of the vote are posted yet but I will try to use my source in the House to find out who voted for and against. Unfortunately, common sense is not all that common today.:(

Here is how they voted, see how your rep voted and call him/her and find out why they voted against such a no brainer.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/streamdocument.asp?did=755807

cmdrost
06-16-2011, 10:11 AM
long story short.....Some reps added amendments causing bill to lose original form. being re-voted on without those amendments. Please urge your REP to vote yes!

"W"
06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
long story short.....Some reps added amendments causing bill to lose original form. being re-voted on without those amendments. Please urge your REP to vote yes!

Copy of new Bill????and Changes made??

Im sure they threw some BS in the mix to better help the lazy oysterman from having to work Thongs

Gerald
06-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Copy of new Bill????and Changes made??

Im sure they threw some BS in the mix to better help the lazy oysterman from having to work Thongs

All the information on this bill to regulate Oyster fishing on Big Lake.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/billdata/byinst.asp?sessionid=11RS&billtype=SB&billno=73

Gerald
06-16-2011, 12:00 PM
You can watch the meetings at this link.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/video/video.asp?roomid=110

Committee meetings are usually in the morning and the House and Senate meet during the afternoon.

Lots of information and it can be very interesting to lessen to what is going on in Baton Rouge.

SULPHITE
06-16-2011, 01:21 PM
the eastside folks are the nays...i'll say lafayette for east side...

Raymond
06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
the eastside folks are the nays...i'll say lafayette for east side...

Not entirely Grasshoppa, the rep from Drycreek voted NAY! :pissed:

cmdrost
06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Also Geymann was a no show! He better show up this time.

SULPHITE
06-16-2011, 02:16 PM
Not entirely Grasshoppa, the rep from Drycreek voted NAY! :pissed:

okay majority...

Raymond
06-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Here ya go Laffy boys, call your rep and ask him why he voted nay and report back to us.

Representative Bobby G. Badon
Democrat District 39
badonb@legis.state.la.us

(337)896-3482

"W"
06-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Here ya go Laffy boys, call your rep and ask him why he voted nay and report back to us.

Representative Bobby G. Badon
Democrat District 39

PTFFFF Democrat....Like he is going to take something easy away from the poor oyster guys and better the RICH req guys who have $50,000 boat so they can catch more fish on oyster reefs....

Im sure most of the Ney were Democrat's

Purple Back
06-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Guillory voted yes, represented my last name well.

Anyhow, I do not even know who my rep is. But I did fill out the info and sent email.

Raymond
06-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Of the four I randomly checked, all four were Dems;Anders,Arnold,Badon,and Brossett.