PDA

View Full Version : Old Records

Lake Chuck Duck
06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I got a large stack of old, mostly country records from my in-laws. Its alot of thr original country singers, early Johnny Cash, stuff like that. Does anyone have any experience with selling old records? Curious about what works best like ebay, pawn shop, locate a collector? Any suggestions are appreciated. Anyone interested?

evidrine
06-15-2011, 11:02 AM
e-bay may be a good idea. Lots of people like having them.

eman
06-15-2011, 05:22 PM
google the title and artist and you can find others that are for sale in different venues and at what price.
If they aren't in great shape you won't get enough to make it worth the time you spend. (unless you have something rare)

southern151
06-16-2011, 09:33 AM
That early Johnny Cash stuff...Is it in original sleeves? Condition?

I may want a few of these! I love me some JC!

RaginCagin
06-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe call Floyds record store in Ville Platte. One of the few record stores still left. He is a cool guy to talk to and I believe they may buy records and if not can def. give you some advice on selling them.

Lake Chuck Duck
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
That early Johnny Cash stuff...Is it in original sleeves? Condition?

I may want a few of these! I love me some JC!

Yep original sleeves. I will check them when I get home and let you know the condition. I dont see any reason why they shouldnt be good.

Lake Chuck Duck
06-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Maybe call Floyds record store in Ville Platte. One of the few record stores still left. He is a cool guy to talk to and I believe they may buy records and if not can def. give you some advice on selling them.

I will do that thanks.