PDA

View Full Version : this a.m. on the pearl

LPfishnTIM
06-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Been off of the site for a few days my laptop just got re imaged because of a virus. finally got to do some fishing today headed over to the east pearl didn't catch anything big, just a few thru-out the day, keep seven bass and a few bream. threw most back. there was a nice cool breeze this a.m. and some cloud coverage but after bout 11am it got hot! Hope all is well and look forward to reading some more fishing reports! oh caught most bass suspended at some points and off bank in 10-15 ft of water.

Jordan
06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice job man !!!

mcjaredsandwich
06-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice fish. I love me some largemouth. Nice bream you got there too, how are you gonna cook em? We usually scale them and fry them whole minus the head.

SaltyShaw
06-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Nice job on the greenies and bream man!

Micah
06-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Nice!!!!!!

LPfishnTIM
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
II usually filet everything, I use a small rapala on the bream to get as much off of em as possible, I also fry the back bone on the bass, thats the best meat and it comes right off the bone!

SaltyShaw
06-18-2011, 08:07 PM
I also fry the back bone on the bass, thats the best meat and it comes right off the bone!

Hmmm never heard of that

iron man
06-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Nice. Been wanting to go out to the Pearl for a while now.

LPfishnTIM
06-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Nice. Been wanting to go out to the Pearl for a while now.
great place to fish, there were plenty of boats at the launch this a.m. and the fishing pressure wasn't bad.

iron man
06-19-2011, 01:34 AM
great place to fish, there were plenty of boats at the launch this a.m. and the fishing pressure wasn't bad.

Hm. Need to drag my buddy or my brother there. But we wouldn't have so much as a clue where to go.

blackmamba
06-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Nice catch dude!! My inlaws have a camp in diamondhead and I've often thought about dragging my boat over there to fish the pearl. Is the summer the best time to fish it?

LPfishnTIM
06-20-2011, 06:32 AM
Nice catch dude!! My inlaws have a camp in diamondhead and I've often thought about dragging my boat over there to fish the pearl. Is the summer the best time to fish it?
fall and spring are the best time to fish it, the summer is good too, but with the spillway opened it has keep the water from flowing out as much, which keeps the water from getting oxygen, but the pearl is real deep and the bigger fish get hard to find and the smaller fish are getting deeper too. I don't fish the west pearl much but its been a good place to fish lately. but once the water goes down in henderson or bayou pigeon, I'm gonna be fishing the Achafalaya.

iron man
06-20-2011, 07:33 AM
fall and spring are the best time to fish it, the summer is good too, but with the spillway opened it has keep the water from flowing out as much, which keeps the water from getting oxygen, but the pearl is real deep and the bigger fish get hard to find and the smaller fish are getting deeper too. I don't fish the west pearl much but its been a good place to fish lately. but once the water goes down in henderson or bayou pigeon, I'm gonna be fishing the Achafalaya.

its on its way down now, slowly but shirley. couple buddies went and caught 12-14 inch big fat bass on topwater frogs. they said they looked like a football coming out of the water.

blackmamba
06-20-2011, 07:59 AM

Gotcha. If and when I decide to head that way I will give you a call and see if you want to jump in. I have access to that camp whenever I want it but need to learn where I can fish in a 16ft bass boat. Salt or Fresh