PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Ber2u
06-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Finally got me a yak. Nothing fancy, I won't even name the brand, lol. Im just glad to get started. Anyone know where to launch one besides 210 in SW La.

DUCKGOGETTER
06-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Congrats! Now it's time to go get the thing slimy and bloody

SaltyShaw
06-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Post Pics!! No one cares what kind it is a yaks a yak
Congrats man fun stuff!

SaltERedneck
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
where did you buy it from?? yaks a yak like shaw said. dont matter how you get there... pirogue will put you on the fish just like a hobie. now comfort is another story.

bmac
06-20-2011, 04:07 PM
The places ive launched around big lake are 210, heberts, west cove and hog island gully. Check out lafayettekayakfishing.com. Join up and there is a google map with launches listed all over the state

Raymond
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
One suggestion; head to west marine and get some bungees with the stainless ends, stainless fasteners,and screws. Total price is $14.88 and it will save your rod and reel if you turn over. Don't ask how I know this $450 lesson.

SaltyShaw
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
One suggestion; head to west marine and get some bungees with the stainless ends, stainless fasteners,and screws. Total price is $14.88 and it will save your rod and reel if you turn over. Don't ask how I know this $450 lesson.

haha i think i might take this advice myself

Ber2u
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Im liking the idea of the bungees. The wife bought a cheap Pelican Castaway 11'6 for me for fathers day. I figure if I enjoy it as much as I think I will, I will end up getting a better one. Can't wait to get a day off and fish out of it. I have the basic items, anchor, dry bags, and a paddle. So we will see.Im gonna try and find some access to either Haymark or Country Club Marsh without hauling it in my boat.

Sea-Trac Offshore
06-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Congrats man!! Go get it slimey. Fair warning it is very addictive

SaltyShaw
06-20-2011, 08:31 PM
Im liking the idea of the bungees. The wife bought a cheap Pelican Castaway 11'6 for me for fathers day. I figure if I enjoy it as much as I think I will, I will end up getting a better one. Can't wait to get a day off and fish out of it. I have the basic items, anchor, dry bags, and a paddle. So we will see.Im gonna try and find some access to either Haymark or Country Club Marsh without hauling it in my boat.

Shoot me a PM when you plan a trip may tag along with you haven't been out in mine in a long time

Ber2u
06-21-2011, 01:16 AM
Shoot me a PM when you plan a trip may tag along with you haven't been out in mine in a long time

Will Do.

ElectricChicken
06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
I know this forum is for canoes and kayaks but have any of you tried a bass buggy type boat with a trolling motor? I bought a Pelican 10' Bass Raider at Academy, a 30lb. thrust Minn Kota trolling motor and a good deep cycle battery and have been pounding some fish in it. Weighs about 125lbs. has 2 seats and is pre-wired for the trolling motor. My buddy and I who weighs 300lbs fished Okissa Lake in MS in it and I could not belive how stable it is. You can stand and flip and pitch in it and set the hook as hard as you want and it doesn't move much. The pontoon design is why it is so stable. I had a ski boat throw a 4' wave at me in Henderson Lake the other day and it handle it like a champ. If you are into paddling it is not the ticket. For some who cannot afford a boat, motor and trailer and cannot handle the kayak thing this would be an option I would recommend highly. I would send a picture of one of the big bass we caught in it but I am not sure how to attach the file.

kenmore_mo
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
anyone fished prien area lately

Specks-N-Reds
06-30-2011, 08:11 AM
#1 rule of kayak fishing. Leash it or lose it.

You can also check out BCKFC.org for kayak fishing advice. The forums there are more active than the Lafayette club but they are mainly concentrated in the BR and NO areas. They do have a tourny July 16 in big lake coming up.