PDA

View Full Version : wade fishermen wear shoes

fishinpox
08-07-2009, 06:16 PM
my buddy just sent me these pics last sunday he was struck by what he belives was a stingray he went to the hospital to get closed up they cleaned him up gave him meds and closed it up 3 days later his foot was swolen, red , and he could not walk. they had to re open it scrape the bone re clean it put a few stiches in it and install a pump that removes the puss all day he also has a permant iv in his arm which he has to give himself iv meds. so moral of the story wear shoes not flip flops in the water

huntin fool
08-07-2009, 06:18 PM
goodness!!!!! thank goodness I wear crocs when I wade....what do some of yall wear??

Hopedale Hustler
08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
good lawd..i wear crocs too..but im thinkin bout gettin some steel footed waders after seeing this..

fishinpox
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM
goodness!!!!! thank goodness I wear crocs when I wade....what do some of yall wear??

i wear nothing because i figure if i spent that much on a boat im gonna keep my as s put right there in the damn thing!!!!

CatDaddy
08-07-2009, 06:22 PM
i wear nothing because i figure if i spent that much on a boat im gonna keep my as s put right there in the damn thing!!!!

LMAO:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl:.... I like your thinking..

Hopedale Hustler
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
yaaa u ritee

huntin fool
08-07-2009, 06:27 PM

yep...but I still like wading. especially when its hott

Montauk17
08-07-2009, 07:09 PM
wow that looks like it hurt......never really wade fished before but when I do i'll make sure to have some shoes on....owch

speckdaddy
08-07-2009, 07:15 PM
i use sum wadin boots made by columbia. made outta neoprene. i too am an idiot, i went wadin in grand isle three years ago and stepped out barefoot mind ya onto a 2 inch piece of angle iron.12 stitches later, i am wiser

longcast
08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
i have never wade fished and now i dont now if i will.thats gotta hurt

speckdaddy
08-07-2009, 07:26 PM
i have never wade fished and now i dont now if i will.thats gotta hurt
aint so bad, just do the stingray shuffle. youll be ok;)

Salty
08-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, my wading career was short-lived. No more. :shaking:

speckdaddy
08-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Well, my wading career was short-lived. No more. :shaking:
dont let this stuff scare yall. ya live in fear, ya aint livin. i dont care if i get hit by that damn ol great white shark, i aint stoppin wsde fishin. i dunno what it is, i just love it aint skeered me

longcast
08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
i might try it with you.i would try it with someone who knows what there doing

Will"E"Fish
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
When You think about salt water fishing :Remember this there is nothing out there that won't fin you, stick you, bite you and lastly eat you.On the other hand I 've been a wader for along time as well as a mutiple boat owner.

Reel Bender
08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Since they have finally started making them big enough I have been wearing the Everlast wading boots and Ray Guards.

Big Kahunaz
08-08-2009, 01:22 PM
Must be that "flesh eating bacteria"!

speckdaddy
08-09-2009, 12:03 PM
i might try it with you.i would try it with someone who knows what there doing
when ya ready lemme know. we will hook up. im free almost every weekend. this month is booked. carryin fool and w around wif me on days off!!!lmao:rotfl:

Bluechip
08-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Hey fishinpox, how is your buddy's foot doing. Have you heard any more info...just wondering if he is recovering OK...

FlatoutFishin
08-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Good thing he went straight to the docs or it couldve ended up much worse. Quick medical attention is the key to this not happening....

Capt Mike McBrides stingray wound after 24 hours and no medical attention.

huntin fool
08-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Good thing he went straight to the docs or it couldve ended up much worse. Quick medical attention is the key to this not happening....

:puke::puke::puke:hes doing better though i heard?

fishinpox
08-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Hey fishinpox, how is your buddy's foot doing. Have you heard any more info...just wondering if he is recovering OK...

i talked to him last night as he was give himself an iv of antibotics he said it still hurts like hell but its slowly gettin better . thanks for asken bluechip!!!

Bluechip
08-09-2009, 06:03 PM
i talked to him last night as he was give himself an iv of antibotics he said it still hurts like hell but its slowly gettin better . thanks for asken bluechip!!!

Glad to hear everything is healing even if it's slowly....:)

FlatoutFishin
08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
:puke::puke::puke:hes doing better though i heard?

Yes...heard the same thing.

cmdrost
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
rayguards are the only thing that will protect you. tennis shoes, neoprene boots(what i use), etc, will not stop a ray. Rayguards from what I've heard are terribly uncomfortable.

You at least want a wade boot that protects your foot from general stuff, oysters, rocks, crab traps, jellyfish, etc.

Zachary Boy
08-11-2009, 08:04 AM

I think I'm gonna toss the egg omlette I just prepared. Nah seriously, I thought a stingray would just spear you with that barb thing. Those wounds look like they were slashed with a 'straight-razor'. Now y'all see why I just reel them puppies up to the boat and CUT THE LINE. My fishing buddy will sit there with pliers to extract the hook to save a 20 cent hook. I stay way away from the both of them....:confused:

Suthrngntlmn
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
LMAO:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl:.... I like your thinking..
I agree big time, I'm gonna stay in my boat.