PDA

View Full Version : Sabine 6-26

Jedi Lure Tricks
06-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Decided to go to Sabine this morning to sling a few green trout with Mcjaredsandwich. We got there early and decided to start in burnt out canal. Caught several on topwaters in the first couple hours but nothing big, so we decided to make a move. Made a short run and found a little better water. Finished out the day at about noon with 26 and a double hookup. All fish were released.

I think it's time for a new popper.. this one is lookin a little beat up! :rotfl:

Lake Chuck Duck
06-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Good job guys. I wanna make a trip with yall sometime. A 2 boat thing, yall lead I follow. Sound good?

mcjaredsandwich
06-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Was a blast as always OB. Thanks again for the invite. Really enjoyed myself this am. It was nice of you to invite me and i really appreciate it!! Was fun as heck!

longcast
06-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Awesome job guys. Me fool and my dad fished Cslcasieu this am but we got skuked but we learned a few things. Brayden is a very knowledgeable angler and very well mannered. Thanks Brayden snd thank y'all for the report.

Hydro
06-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Good job guys !!! We had a couple of boats from work out there yesterday morning and surely didnt "slay-em" like we have been the last four weekends or so...

I will have my nephew down from Northern California this week and hope to put him on some fish... We need to stop by the store and get him a Salty Cajun t-shirt, plus a popper or two !!!

Thanks,
Hydro

latex
06-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I hit sabine at daylight ran north towads I-10. Pulled 9 small bass in the boat by 8:30 then it seemed to shut off for me. I did find alot of shad busting the water so many it looked like rain hiting the water. fired a fluke in and got a hit so hard it just about pull my rod out of my hand!! I got it to the boat it was was about a 30" red then pop their went my line!!! Good job on yall's top water bite!!

Jedi Lure Tricks
06-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Good job guys. I wanna make a trip with yall sometime. A 2 boat thing, yall lead I follow. Sound good?

Sure thing man, then you can lead me to that wharf on big lake where y'all hammered on them trout the other night!! :D

Was a blast as always OB. Thanks again for the invite. Really enjoyed myself this am. It was nice of you to invite me and i really appreciate it!! Was fun as heck!

No prob bud. It was a good time, as always. Glad you could come.

Awesome job guys. Me fool and my dad fished Cslcasieu this am but we got skuked but we learned a few things. Brayden is a very knowledgeable angler and very well mannered. Thanks Brayden snd thank y'all for the report.

Bummer bout not catchin J. I'm surprised y'all didn't hammer on 'em! From all those reports on the Calcasieu, I woulda thought it was easy pickins! :rolleyes:

Good job guys !!! We had a couple of boats from work out there yesterday morning and surely didnt "slay-em" like we have been the last four weekends or so...

I will have my nephew down from Northern California this week and hope to put him on some fish... We need to stop by the store and get him a Salty Cajun t-shirt, plus a popper or two !!!

Thanks,
Hydro

Thanks Hydro, yeah it's been pretty silly over there lately! It actually seemed a little slow compared to what it has been over there, but at least they bit all day. I tried what you've been throwin but couldn't get big very well, so I went back to ol faithful and went to work! :work:

I'll fill ya in on all the details at the shop.

I hit Sabine at daylight ran north towads I-10. Pulled 9 small bass in the boat by 8:30 then it seemed to shut off for me. I did find alot of shad busting the water so many it looked like rain hiting the water. fired a fluke in and got a hit so hard it just about pull my rod out of my hand!! I got it to the boat it was was about a 30" red then pop their went my line!!! Good job on yall's top water bite!!

Thanks, we saw gazillions of shad poppin and jumping for their lives too.. one cast of the popper revealed the harassers to be ladyfish. But, if the shad were busted within a foot or two of the bank or I saw a shrimp pop, then it was more than likely a bass. Most of our fish had shrimp in their throats.

fishmaster911
06-26-2011, 08:50 PM
nice trip y'all had !

RatherBFishin
06-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Awesome report man. It was nice meeting you saturday at the shop. I will be back for sure! We decided to go to the Calcasieu and had a decent morning. Our best five would have been around 9-10 pounds. Not alot of fish but some good ones. Also caught a red and a trout lol

DUCKGOGETTER
06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Man the sabine river is one of my favorite places to fish

SaltERedneck
06-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Jedi, fished a tourney out there on the 25th.... tough conditions. bass were all small. we took 5th place. largest stringer of the day was 7.06 with big bass being 3.16.

mcjaredsandwich
06-27-2011, 09:07 AM
We probably would have had 6 pounds on 5 fish. We caught enough for a solid one man 10 fish limit. For the most part, they were chunky.

SaltERedneck
06-27-2011, 09:20 AM
All our fish were caught on finesse worms... top water bite was non existant. One good fish would've put us in the top spot.... but thats fishing.

Lake Chuck Duck
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
We probably would have had 6 pounds on 5 fish. We caught enough for a solid one man 10 fish limit. For the most part, they were chunky.

Is there a size requirement for a 10 fish limit?

mcjaredsandwich
06-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Is there a size requirement for a 10 fish limit?
if you fish the la side, no length limit. If you fish the tx side, 12" minimum. We werent keeping so length was not an issue yesterday.

mcjaredsandwich
06-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Some people keep 9in bass and thats a shame!

longcast
06-27-2011, 10:48 AM
Some people keep 9in bass and thats a shame!

Fry dat whole.

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Bummer bout not catchin J. I'm surprised y'all didn't hammer on 'em! From all those reports on the Calcasieu, I woulda thought it was easy pickins! :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:And it has been. Did good yesterday evening. But they just didn't bite yesterday morning. Come fish the Sabine dogfight on tuesdays Orange boat launch. :rolleyes:

Shawn Braquet
06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
if you fish the la side, no length limit. If you fish the tx side, 12" minimum. We werent keeping so length was not an issue yesterday.

Jared i believe its a 14 in minimum in texas

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 12:17 PM
You are correct shawn.. As per Texas Parks and Wildlife you can have 5 bass with 14" min.

Lake Chuck Duck
06-27-2011, 12:18 PM
When yall say LA or TX side, do yall mean LA or TX fishin liscense, like at toledo?

longcast
06-27-2011, 12:33 PM
If you launch on the Texas side you have to have a Texas fishing license. If you launch on the la side you need a la license.

mcjaredsandwich
06-27-2011, 01:59 PM
My fault in length. Havent kept any from the texas side. Thanks for clearing it up.

mcjaredsandwich
06-27-2011, 02:17 PM
If you launch on the Texas side you have to have a Texas fishing license. If you launch on the la side you need a la license.
"
In all border waters, except the Gulf of Mexico, Texas and Louisiana anglers possessing the necessary resident licenses, or those exempted from resident licenses for their state, are allowed to fish the border waters of Louisiana and Texas without purchasing non-resident licenses. Border waters include Caddo Lake, Toledo Bend Reservoir, the Sabine River and Sabine Lake."

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/exceptions-and-exemptions

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 02:39 PM
"
In all border waters, except the Gulf of Mexico, Texas and Louisiana anglers possessing the necessary resident licenses, or those exempted from resident licenses for their state, are allowed to fish the border waters of Louisiana and Texas without purchasing non-resident licenses. Border waters include Caddo Lake, Toledo Bend Reservoir, the Sabine River and Sabine Lake."

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/licenses/exceptions-and-exemptions

IF you LAUNCH in texas you better have a Texas Liscense. If you launch in LA, you better have a LA liscense. Wherever you launched, you better follow their regs.

Just sayin

Montauk17
06-27-2011, 02:51 PM
I have launched on the texas side of toledo bend with only a louisiana liecense and never had a problem with the wardens.

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I have launched on the texas side of toledo bend with only a louisiana liecense and never had a problem with the wardens.

I've heard constant stories of people having issues due to that.

And thats what i've always been told by wardens.. Hell what do I know, Im out every day fishing.. If thats what the site says then go by it. But i'd rather not chance it

Montauk17
06-27-2011, 03:00 PM
I've heard constant stories of people having issues due to that.

And thats what i've always been told by wardens.. Hell what do I know, Im out every day fishing.. If thats what the site says then go by it. But i'd rather not chance it

Not saying you were wrong bro,just saying I never had a issue.

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Not saying you were wrong bro,just saying I never had a issue.

Oh I wasn't implying that lol. you good man.

Montauk17
06-27-2011, 03:08 PM
It all boils down to the warden,some are laid back,some are *****s.