PDA

View Full Version : Calcasieu River 6/26 AM

RatherBFishin
06-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Took to the River at the crack of dawn and had an interesting day. We had some luck catching a few good fish but they were far apart and we really had to work for them. Our best 5 would have been 9 lbs + or -. No real pattern as we caught some on top some on bottom and some in the middle. Some Shallow and some deaper. We did however catch a Nice red and a trout in west fork! All in all we had 10 or so bass. It got too hot around 2 pm so we called it a day. I have a cool video of the red being caught but I cant figure out how to get it from my I phone to this site. If anyone knows let me know.

SaltERedneck
06-27-2011, 09:16 AM
nice wall hanger!

longcast
06-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Nice job guys. We struggled on the calcasieu yesterday am. Thanks for the report.

Lake Chuck Duck
06-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I think you can only do videos by uploading them to you tube or somethin.

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Tell loren to get of my river

RatherBFishin
06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Tell loren to get of my river

We just need a change. You are welcome on the Mermentau anytime fool LOL

RatherBFishin
06-27-2011, 10:14 AM
nice wall hanger!

Thanks! I had to take that photo lol. It was the exact same size as my Spook Jr. Reeled it in thinking I had snagged a leaf lol!:rotfl:

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 11:11 AM
We just need a change. You are welcome on the Mermentau anytime fool LOL

Lol. I got a tournament I believe on the Mermentau soon I think.. I'll have to look at my Sked. .

hankscke123
06-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Well fool if you have one pray to the rain gods for a flood to help clear up and can y'all get advise or like pros no out side help

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Well fool if you have one pray to the rain gods for a flood to help clear up and can y'all get advise or like pros no out side help

Im not sure. I usually just pre fish it hard. Worked in the past for spots that im not used to..

EDIT- I just looked at my sked, we don't have on on Merm. River. We discussed it, but i guess they didn't vote for it..

jchief
06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Im not sure. I usually just pre fish it hard. Worked in the past for spots that im not used to..

EDIT- I just looked at my sked, we don't have on on Merm. River. We discussed it, but i guess they didn't vote for it..

What club you in?

huntin fool
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
What club you in?

SW Bassmasters.

I fish their youth tournaments. .

Next year plan to fish BFL

RatherBFishin
06-28-2011, 10:43 AM

That sucks. Its a good challenge

SaltERedneck
06-28-2011, 10:50 AM

any reports from streeters?

RatherBFishin
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
any reports from streeters?

I haven't been but I hear it is really low. I like Streeters when the water is in the grass and stumps. The whole system is really low. We need some rain to flush it and raise the water.

RonnieF
06-28-2011, 01:18 PM

How's the Mermentau river looking between mermentau and lake arthur? 10-12" visibility? Getting those green streaks yet?
BTW, nice report and trip.

Thanks,
Ronnie

RatherBFishin
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
How's the Mermentau river looking between mermentau and lake arthur? 10-12" visibility? Getting those green streaks yet?
BTW, nice report and trip.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Low like everything else. I wouldn't give it 10-12 more like 6-8. Fishable though. Very little if any current. Need rain!

RonnieF
06-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Low like everything else. I wouldn't give it 10-12 more like 6-8. Fishable though. Very little if any current. Need rain!

I can handle that. When it gets around 18", it's pretty, but i find the fish get more skittish. I might try to make a trip after i get my prop shaft fixed!!
Thanks for the info Rather B,

Ronnie

RatherBFishin
06-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I can handle that. When it gets around 18", it's pretty, but i find the fish get more skittish. I might try to make a trip after i get my prop shaft fixed!!
Thanks for the info Rather B,

Ronnie

No problem. Good luck. Make sure you report your findings ;)

RonnieF
06-28-2011, 06:52 PM
No problem. Good luck. Make sure you report your findings ;)

If I can get my prop shaft fixed and don't go to toledo bend I'll make a trip to the river and sure will give a report.
If you hear of anything, let me know please.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Jedi Lure Tricks
06-28-2011, 07:45 PM
nice job guys! that aint a bad sack on the cacachew! nice meetin y'all in the shop the other day, you'll hafta fill me in on the details next time y'all stop by! ;)

RatherBFishin
06-29-2011, 09:07 AM
nice job guys! that aint a bad sack on the cacachew! nice meetin y'all in the shop the other day, you'll hafta fill me in on the details next time y'all stop by! ;)

You bet!