PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone having problems with Ford F150 leaking water in cab

jlsch1
08-05-2011, 03:19 PM
This is the last F150 I will buy.
Truck 1 yr 9 months old and when it rains my plastic huskey liner floor pans fill up with 2" of water and my carpet soaked. During one storm the water was over flowing from my huskey liner on the carpet. It wasn't a drip it was a flow of water from under my dash.

Thought it was the AC condensor so took it to the Robinson Brothers Ford where I bought the truck. Found out not covered under warranty. Ford told me tuff luck even though the seal defective it and it is their fault the seal doesn't fall under the Ford warranty. I asked does it fall under my Ford Extended Service Plan they said, No! :pissed:

Ended up filing a claim with State Farm and they are fixing the damage.

After 4 Fords in 14 years I am done buying F150's.

Ready to buy a new truck in 3 months and it will be a Dodge Ram with Hemi.

Dink
08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
You have trees at home don't you. That "screen" below your windsheild has drains on either side. They're clogged. They run just to the inside of the fenders.

Dink
08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Sucks Ford is screwing with you

southern151
08-05-2011, 03:32 PM
Claim it and wait for a dry day and trade it in. Let the next dealer have the headache. That ins check may make a nice down payment!:D

Or, bring it to me!:D

outcast
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Could be the windshield leaking. Take it to a glass shop. If its , they can cut it out and re-urethane it

jlsch1
08-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Its not weather or tree junk. They found the problem its a seal that just was bad has nothing to do with windshield its in another spot. The seal was bad, but not written in their new vehicle or Ford Extended Warranty. Robinson Brothers running away saying well its a seal and they go bad. I guess Ford not made to last more than 1 yr before they start leaking. Ford excuse is that seals break and since its a body issue they will not cover it. They charged me $484.00 to replace the seal and state farm 100% on the interior flood damage. So much for Ford standing behind their trucks.

One trip to Lafayette my wives feet got wetter in the truck than walking from the parking lot at Academy on Ambassador into the store.

Like I told the guy I am driving a Dodge Ram 4-door with a Hemi for a rental and I am really impressed with the truck. Rides 110% better than my 2009 Ford. In three months my payoff will be enough to trade it in on a Dodge Ram.

Gerald
08-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Could be the windshield leaking. Take it to a glass shop. If its , they can cut it out and re-urethane it

Or just use a hose to put a little [not very much] water around the window seal and see if it leaks.

Dink
08-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Well, good choice. You can't ever go wrong with a Dodge!

Raymond
08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
This is the last F150 I will buy.
Truck 1 yr 9 months old and when it rains my plastic huskey liner floor pans fill up with 2" of water and my carpet soaked. During one storm the water was over flowing from my huskey liner on the carpet. It wasn't a drip it was a flow of water from under my dash.

Thought it was the AC condensor so took it to the Robinson Brothers Ford where I bought the truck. Found out not covered under warranty. Ford told me tuff luck even though the seal defective it and it is their fault the seal doesn't fall under the Ford warranty. I asked does it fall under my Ford Extended Service Plan they said, No! :pissed:

Ended up filing a claim with State Farm and they are fixing the damage.

After 4 Fords in 14 years I am done buying F150's.

Ready to buy a new truck in 3 months and it will be a Dodge Ram with Hemi.
Is SF willing to subrogate against Ford or the Dealership? Might suggest this to the adjuster.

Hunt Fish Nap
08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Is SF willing to subrogate against Ford or the Dealership? Might suggest this to the adjuster.

Definetely sounds like an insurance guy to me!

jlsch1
08-05-2011, 04:07 PM
State Farm doing well taking care of me.
They understand and agree that this sounds fishey like Fords walking away from their problem. They got their procedures to go through.

Personally I feel Ford should cover it. The dealer admitted its a bad seal.
Sad part is I am not the only one probably with a bad seal.
Ford is refusing to cover it due to not in the language of their warranty.
Not worth fighting.

I am just going to try Dodge Ram and in 2 to 3 years if they take care of me then I will buy another one. Ford likes to sell trucks, but their service is horriable.

fishinpox
08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
im suprised , i bought a few trucks from robinson brothers they ave always bent over backwards for me . i drove this last truck for a week b4 i realized i forgot to give them the check for it!!!

youmyboyblue
08-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Bought my king ranch from Robinson bros. Andy Perrino was the salesman. Great service when I bought mine. You wanna make them boys jump, report them to the BBB. Had a nightmare of a time with bohn. Bought my wife a new Acadia and within 3 weeks in was in the shop 4 times for a sun roof leak and engine problems. They wouldn't do anything. A friend of mine is a GM of a dealership, he said report them. I did and within a day the company that owns bohn bros was calling me.

Kenner18
08-05-2011, 05:38 PM
My 05 Ford leaks around the 3rd brake light . Had to seal it up with silicone .

PUREBAY2200
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Mine would get water under the back seats. There was some bolt that broke off and water spray would come up & soak into the carpet. Has carpet ripped out and redone. Ford covers it bc the bolt broke off.
Also my gas tank hose connection broke and I was leaking gas for 2 weeks. It only leaked when i was driving and fuel was being pumped to engine. I didn't realize there was a leak until it went to the shop for an oil change and it was leaking on the guys under the truck ...... Took it to bill hood in Hammond ..... Wouldn't cover it.
Got it fixed 400$..... 3 days later got rear ended and tank had a puncture hole in it.
Insurance fixed truck & tank.
Ended up trading truck soon after.

Now ford is issuing a recall on ford f150 fuel tanks..... Go figure.

jlsch1
08-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Wes was my salesman.
My service has been horrible with Robinson brothers.
Air sensors on my tires went out Chad lambert service writer said it was not covered and cost $275 ea to replace. Called ford and it was covered. Next week another tire pressure has same issue with Chad. Had to call ford again and they had no issue in fixing it. I have dealt with David monk for years at Allstar ford and he was great. They even beat tire stores on tires. Robinson brothers once wes sold me the truck it was good luck not our problem.

Not worth the aggravation of paying 30,000 for a truck that smells moldy, carpet wet, have to get out in the rain to drain floor pan, and ford/ Robinson brothers walks away from it and truck not even 2 years old. That not good service to me.

gonzalesdave
08-05-2011, 06:12 PM
It's NOT a wear and tear item. I have no idea why they would not cover under warranty. You need me to send The Iron Man over there to speak to some knee caps?

Wide Open
08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
It's NOT a wear and tear item. I have no idea why they would not cover under warranty. You need me to send The Iron Man over there to speak to some knee caps?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: No doubt Ole' "I"ron man AKA Wyatt Earp will handle things! lol

all star rod
08-05-2011, 06:33 PM
For a 1/2 ton get CHEVY Silverdao......Dodge will go out at 75K miles and well Ford is still Ford! I laugh when people say I am not getting a Chevy since OBAMA had to bail them out. Well if that is case, I guess none these same people got bank loans when Bush had to bail the banks/wall street out! BTW, I am not an OBAMA fan!

jlsch1
08-05-2011, 07:06 PM

Service manager and Chad lambert said it is what it is.
Ford said not their problem even though the seal bad due to not written in warranty not mechanical.
Jack new car sales manager said it's a ford what do you expect they break. It's a seal and they go what do you expect? I said for ford to build a truck that last 3 years
He laughed. It's not funny to me

I would run from Robinson brothers they act like oh well it's my problem.

Funny in a down economy they wanted my business.
Never again these guys are A 1 selzy salespeople
Live up to car saleman image true scum

fishinpox
08-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Ask for bill Bradford, dude calls me once a month just to check up on me n the truck.

youmyboyblue
08-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Ask for bill Bradford, dude calls me once a month just to check up on me n the truck.

I get a call every few months as well. Actually got a Birthday card from them jokers. I was ahppy with the service. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. When you spend the money it cost on a new vehicle you should be treated well.

Hebert
08-06-2011, 12:36 AM
my 04 F150 leaks around the 3rd brake light also..letting water in when i go through carwashes......but i will never buy anything but a FORD....they are the only car company we have that didnt have to get a bailout from obama becoming Govt. motors...and owned by the unions....

jlsch1
08-06-2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah my salesman Wes stopped calling me after I had my 1st issue. Service is horrable and service manager an idiot. When my air sensors went bad in tires they wouldn't cover it under warranty. Called ford an lady gave me a claim number for it and said she called them. Chad lambert service writer and service manager said no one called them and refused to call the lady. Took it to Allstar to David monk no problem item was fixed under warranty he didn't even have to call ford.

Truck us at Allstar right now and they are trying to figure out why charge $484 to fix a leaking seal. To them looks like no work was done. They are also replacing my carpet not letting it dry out and putting it back in. My Carpet had white foam all over it. Robinson brothers wanted to do a piss poor job.

Typical of them. Attitude toward customers is so what.

Love Salesmanager jack telling me my truck probably won't last 3 years without major issues. He don't even believe in ford product line.

They are glad to push them though like sleeze bags.

bjhooper82
08-06-2011, 08:31 AM
Buy a CHEVY!!!!!!!!! Im on my third chevy in 9 years and never had 1 problem with any of them. Sorry to hear about you bad luck with ford though, thats gotta be very frustrating to say the least

southern151
08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I am still a GM fan. Always have been, always will be. I'd be willing to bet that some of those who complain about bailout money have some of their money in a bank that took bailout money at one point.

If you do consider GM, go see the guys at Duplessis in Gonzales. They're a great group of people there. I do a lot of work with these guys and so, I am there a lot. Todd Suprun, their service manager is top notch. Their service advisor, James is as good a guy as you'll ever deal with. Drop me a line and I'd be glad to introduce you to them personally.

I've seen em cover things that really didn't qualify. They are quick to put a customer in a loaner vehicle to keep them on pace with their day.

Their sales group, although still salesmen, is top notch too. Mickey Chauncey, New car manager and Mike Orth, used, are both stand up guys.

BIRD DOG
08-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I really hate to say this much less post it,I have owned 7 F150's,1 F100(the best one yet),and two Ford Explorers.I am currently driving an 01 F150 4x4 and we're in the market for an Excursion b/c of increase in family size however my nest truck will be a Dodge! I have too many friends with new Fords and nothin but problems!

weedeater
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I really hate to say this much less post it,I have owned 7 F150's,1 F100(the best one yet),and two Ford Explorers.I am currently driving an 01 F150 4x4 and we're in the market for an Excursion b/c of increase in family size however my nest truck will be a Dodge! I have too many friends with new Fords and nothin but problems!

2 Dodges and never a problem in close to 200,000 miles except when I got bad diesel in my last one, the first one was a company truck in oil field and we will say it did not get treated well and never a problem.

jlsch1
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Went to the dealer servicing my truck to check to dodges out.
Monday I will be in a Dodge with a Hemi tired of Robinson Brothers and Ford.
Found out from service department if you got a 2009 it not if you will have a water leak it will be when you have a water leak. Common problem with Fords and I don't want a truck that leaks all the time.

weedeater
08-06-2011, 07:53 PM
2 Dodges and around 200000 miles between them and only time I put on in shop was due to bad diesel, one was oilfield company truck that you can believe was abused on bad roads daily. I have been through 2 Fords in oilfield that did not hold up that saw close to 200000 miles each and lived in the shop but I now have a King Ranch with 115000 miles and so far its good except it leaks when in a car wash, its a 2005 so it sounds common but I do like this truck. I have owned 2 GM trucks and they were good never in the shop but both were pre Obama 1990 models. I would hate to buy a new truck right because it would be tuff.

Kenner18
08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
2 Dodges and around 200000 miles between them and only time I put on in shop was due to bad diesel, one was oilfield company truck that you can believe was abused on bad roads daily. I have been through 2 Fords in oilfield that did not hold up that saw close to 200000 miles each and lived in the shop but I now have a King Ranch with 115000 miles and so far its good except it leaks when in a car wash, its a 2005 so it sounds common but I do like this truck. I have owned 2 GM trucks and they were good never in the shop but both were pre Obama 1990 models. I would hate to buy a new truck right because it would be tuff.

Probably the third brake light .My 05 leaks there in a carwash.

weedeater
08-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Probably the third brake light .My 05 leaks there in a carwash.

I think so, drips on back seat, what did you silicone to fix yours

gonzalesdave
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
Don't use silicone. Use urethane.

Kenner18
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
took whole light out and sealed where it touches cab. Also check gasket where lens touches light base.

weedeater
08-06-2011, 08:15 PM
took whole light out and sealed where it touches cab. Also check gasket where lens touches light base.

have to look at it, I thought it was window

jlsch1
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
My ford receipt says installed
TA 32 sealant - silicone cost & $7.98
Body seal right side lower trim panel retest. That must be the area they said I had a huge opening. Mine poured enough to see it come under glove box area. They said common with my truck.

weedeater
08-06-2011, 08:39 PM
My ford receipt says installed
TA 32 sealant - silicone cost & $7.98
Body seal right side lower trim panel retest. That must be the area they said I had a huge opening. Mine poured enough to see it come under glove box area. They said common with my truck.

2009 is before body change?

cajunforeman
08-06-2011, 11:00 PM
I've changed 3 brake lights on mine

jlsch1
08-07-2011, 07:51 AM
2009 is before body change?

No after body change. 2009 1st year of recent body style
2008 was last year of old body style
I had 2007 and difference is dash and tailgate
And front more flat. At first reminded me of 1970 fords with
Flat frontend.
Ride seems similar.

weedeater
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
No after body change. 2009 1st year of recent body style
2008 was last year of old body style
I had 2007 and difference is dash and tailgate
And front more flat. At first reminded me of 1970 fords with
Flat frontend.
Ride seems similar.

pretty trucks, hate to hear all the trouble

BIRD DOG
08-07-2011, 02:03 PM
buddy of mine has an 05 King ranch also.He just put $6500 in it plus the motor has a tap that has always been there.Mechanic told him to run it till it dies

weedeater
08-07-2011, 04:48 PM
buddy of mine has an 05 King ranch also.He just put $6500 in it plus the motor has a tap that has always been there.Mechanic told him to run it till it dies

had a 1997 and a 2001 doin that till I blew the engine in both, it was a valve problem

cmdrost
08-08-2011, 08:48 AM
Water leaked in my 2001 F150 and my 2010 F150. Its the seal on the light above the back window. Bolton fixed it for me both times no problems. I had to pay for my older one, but they fixed the new one under warranty.

weedeater
08-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Water leaked in my 2001 F150 and my 2010 F150. Its the seal on the light above the back window. Bolton fixed it for me both times no problems. I had to pay for my older one, but they fixed the new one under warranty.

I have had good service at Bolten so far and can't beat $15 synthetic oil changes, maybe y'all should try here.

jlsch1
08-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Robinson brothers take them 5 hours to do oil change at $39.95 and by time do tire rotation $79.95. They are a rip off. Now when bought 07 ford from Allstar in Denham springs the oil changes were fast and price $34.95 for tire rotation and oil change.

Gerald
08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Where I buy my tires in Moss Bluff, I can go back 12 months later and get a FREE trire rotation........even if I only bought a couple of tires.

weedeater
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Where I buy my tires in Moss Bluff, I can go back 12 months later and get a FREE trire rotation........even if I only bought a couple of tires.

priced tires today at Bolten and got a pretty good price plus I learned that on top of the $15 oil change if I buy tires there they will rotate free of charge for life of tires....I cant complain yet about them

jlsch1
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
This guy did a youtube video on his F150 leaking and claims the white stuff on the carpet mold. My carpet had the same thing for 6 months I was wondering if it was glue due to I didn't think mold was white.

Anyway I am in a Dodge Ram and it doesn't leak, runs pretty good, and actually rides nice so no longer my problem.

2009 2010 2011 Ford F150 Water Leak Mold Buyers Beware!! - YouTube

BIRD DOG
08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
My computer fried this week,guess Im goin get a Dodge too!

cmdrost
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Bolton Ford charges $15 for an oil change, and will rotate tires too. I'm telling you can't beat their service!

jlsch1
08-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Robinson brothers showed their true attitude toward me when the sales manager said so what once you buy a vehicle from us we really don't care. Wish I would have know 1 yr 9 months ago when I bought the truck.
I did learn to never use huskey liner again due to this problem was going on for a long time until it got worse.

Feesherman
08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Bolton Ford charges $15 for an oil change, and will rotate tires too. I'm telling you can't beat their service!

It's actually cheaper than that if you factor in that every 5th oil change is free with that little punch card dohickey that they give you.

weedeater
08-12-2011, 11:46 AM
It's actually cheaper than that if you factor in that every 5th oil change is free with that little punch card dohickey that they give you.
did not know about that card:confused:, I will have to ask next time

jlsch1
08-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Sounds better than Robinson brothers ford where new car Salesmanager jack called me yesterday telling me he is upset about this post. I just hung up the phone on him. Those guys are the worst ford dealer I have dealt with.
Love it so what it is just a little water and mold in truck.
This makes more glad I am now driving a dodge ram from a dealer 5 close friends been buying trucks from for years.

gonzalesdave
08-13-2011, 10:54 AM
So he has seen this thread and still has not made an effort to make it right?

Armand16
08-13-2011, 12:01 PM

I have an 05 f150 and I have a tap too. Its very rythmic, the more gas I give it the faster it taps. Mechanic(s) bascially said the same thing. That it would cost too much to fix it and just to roll with it.. Wish there was a fix to this.. Anybody have some insight on this problem?

Jordan
08-13-2011, 12:32 PM
armand, i drive an 04 f150 and hear the "tap" in the motor when its idling and when i give it gas in neutral. Over 2500 RPM, i dont hear it anymore. I spoke with a mechanic and he said to make sure and put the right amount and type of oil. My truck takes 8 quarts of 5w30 i believe. He said to check it often when you go on long trips. Its preventive maintenance on a 6000 engine.

weedeater
08-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I had a 05 f150 and I have a tap too. Its very rythmic, the more gas I give it the faster it taps. Mechanic(s) bascially said the same thing. That it would cost too much to fix it and just to roll with it.. Wish there was a fix to this.. Anybody have some insight on this problem?

I had that on 2 of my older Fords and it was valves and it cost more to tare into the motor then they can replace it for if it blows

Armand16
08-13-2011, 12:41 PM
armand, i drive an 04 f150 and hear the "tap" in the motor when its idling and when i give it gas in neutral. Over 2500 RPM, i dont hear it anymore. I spoke with a mechanic and he said to make sure and put the right amount and type of oil. My truck takes 8 quarts of 5w30 i believe. He said to check it often when you go on long trips. Its preventive maintenance on a 6000 engine.

that was the first thing I tryed per the mechanics advice. Went to a heavier oil and the noise seemed to quiet down a bit but not for long.

I had that on 2 of my older Fords and it was valves and it cost more to tare into the motor then they can replace it for if it blows

So is this tapping noise a sign of a engine thats about to blow or will the engine last its normal life? In other words, should I get rid of this thing before she blows?

weedeater
08-13-2011, 01:06 PM
that was the first thing I tryed per the mechanics advice. Went to a heavier oil and the noise seemed to quiet down a bit but not for long.

So is this tapping noise a sign of a engine thats about to blow or will the engine last its normal life? In other words, should I get rid of this thing before she blows?

it may run forever and not have problems, you can take Sea Foam in the spray can and get someone to help by reving engine and you spray into the intake real slow at first then when you get close to half a can just spray with them reving till the engine shuts down but you need to start with a cool engine. When you get ready to start the truck a few hrs latter it will spit and sputter and blow white smoke like crazy but this burns the carbon on the intake and sometimes helps with clatter

Armand16
08-13-2011, 08:48 PM
it may run forever and not have problems, you can take Sea Foam in the spray can and get someone to help by reving engine and you spray into the intake real slow at first then when you get close to half a can just spray with them reving till the engine shuts down but you need to start with a cool engine. When you get ready to start the truck a few hrs latter it will spit and sputter and blow white smoke like crazy but this burns the carbon on the intake and sometimes helps with clatter

Sounds like a plan. now all i have to do is find the intake

weedeater
08-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Sounds like a plan. now all i have to do is find the intake

just remove air filter and spray in there, this can also be done by removing suction hose on brake booster and having someone rev and sticking hose inside one of the pour cans

Armand16
08-13-2011, 09:08 PM
just remove air filter and spray in there, this can also be done by removing suction hose on brake booster and having someone rev and sticking hose inside one of the pour cans

appreciate it

weedeater
08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
appreciate it

good luck and if you have skeeters around they won't be there long:D

jlsch1
08-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Just dont have interior leak it will cost you some big bucks.

srancher
07-30-2013, 05:00 PM
I have a 2010 450 dully from Robinson and their service dept. is a joke. I had a front tire wearing and Mark Robinson told me it was because I was turning to the left too much! Seriously! And that is just one of many. And now my dash had water come from it last Saturday when we had that heavy rain. But after reading the post here, I think I know what to do!

srancher
07-30-2013, 05:05 PM
I have a 2010 450 dully from Robinson and their service dept. is a joke. I had a front tire wearing and Mark Robinson told me it was because I was turning to the left too much! Seriously! And that is just one of many. And now my dash had water come from it last Saturday when we had that heavy rain. But after reading the post here, I think I know what to do!

jlsch1
07-31-2013, 07:05 AM
I bought a Dodge after Robinson Brothers along with Ford screwed me over. I find that Dodge is not that bad of a truck, price is good, and service is a lot better. Last month I sold my Dodge due to mileage and driving a GMC truck. My father has a 12 year old GMC and the dealer he uses has a lot better service.

I like Ford trucks but the service in the Baton Rouge area is horriable!

buck_shot11
07-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Service manager and Chad lambert said it is what it is.
Ford said not their problem even though the seal bad due to not written in warranty not mechanical.
Jack new car sales manager said it's a ford what do you expect they break. It's a seal and they go what do you expect? I said for ford to build a truck that last 3 years
He laughed. It's not funny to me

I would run from Robinson brothers they act like oh well it's my problem.

Funny in a down economy they wanted my business.
Never again these guys are A 1 selzy salespeople
Live up to car saleman image true scum

This is Jack from Robinson Brothers Ford. I just happened to stumble on this thread and decided to post a quick response.

While I don't remember this particular incident, as it took place over 3 years ago, I can speak about our dealership and the great lengths we go to make sure we offer great service and great products at better than competitive prices.

We strive for customer satisfaction, but obviously we aren't immune to making mistakes. Robinson Brothers is one of the highest volume sales and service Ford dealers in the 6 state region because we genuinely care about our customers.

No manufacturer is immune from having their mechanical items break - Lexus, Honda, Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet, Ford - it doesn't make a difference - mechanical items are going to break.

When a vehicle needs a repair under warranty all Ford dealers nationwide follow the same protocol - we submit the claim to Ford, we communicate with the factory engineers via tech hotline, and we follow their exact repair recommendations - Ford dealers don't have the luxury of straying from the Manufacturer's directions on warranty repairs.

Without knowing all of the details involved I apologize for your experience. The large majority of our customers are satisfied with our efforts.

If anyone has any questions, you can feel free to contact me directly, 225-293-8900.

Thank you, Jack

swamp snorkler
07-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Buy local, service sells.

jlsch1
07-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Funny Allstar Ford in Denham Springs, LA fixed the problem after they saw what happened and called Ford, told Ford the issue, and Ford fixed it.
Took a few weeks to get a refund, but a dealer that did not sell me the truck called Ford and got the repair and damage approved.
Robinson Brothers never did that which is the dealer that sold me the truck.
All I got was chewed out by Robinson Brother's Service Manager.

Had an air sensor go back and Robinson Brothers dropped the ball again said it was not covered under warranty and would cost $250 to fix.
I had to call the lady at Ford and get an approval number to get it fixed under warranty.
She question why my dealer Robinson Brothers was not doing this which is their job.
Service Manager said that sensors were not covered under warranty due to typically damage.
Next week after the repair the tire air sensor light came on and it was another tire air sensor that went bad.
Funny this time they called it a factory defect.

I bought a 2013 Ford Escape Titanium Package in May from another Ford Dealer and had a few minor problems.
Courtesy Ford in Breaux Bridge service dept quick, easy to deal with, and have not had the issues I had with Robinson Brothers to get things fixed.

rutsch
11-10-2013, 11:06 AM
I discovered my roof was leaking last fall. I was told the drains were plugged. This is not the case. The head liner is water stained. I still have two more years of payments. I had it in for this problem before the warranty was up and received little to no satisfaction. Thankfully I live in southwest kansas where we get very little rain.:pissed:

cduhon
11-10-2013, 12:39 PM
I discovered my roof was leaking last fall. I was told the drains were plugged. This is not the case. The head liner is water stained. I still have two more years of payments. I had it in for this problem before the warranty was up and received little to no satisfaction. Thankfully I live in southwest kansas where we get very little rain.:pissed:

That was a big problem for older fords, lots of people I know had to replace rear lights above back window, water was leaking in through the light.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

JPaul
11-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Jack,

While I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this thread. Fact is the service / treatment of customers at the dealership is crap. The salesman that assisted me was straightforward, which I can appreciate since I am in sales... But the finance guy is who actually sold me the truck (he should have got the commission). The Sales Manager that came in to talk to me (not sure if it was you or not) was an arrogant pri_ck who implied that I was less of a man for looking at buying a Tahoe as opposed to the F150. I won't go into details, but it PISSED me off. But again, the finance guy bailed you all out. Now for service. I paid $50k for a vehicle and the service department screwed my brakes up on the 1st tire rotation at 8k miles. I thought it was something that I did so I took it to my local mechanic and had him look at it. The front brake rotors were warped and had to be turned. My mechanic said he wasn't sure why a basically new vehicle would have that issue, other than maybe the lug nuts were over-tightened or put on improperly. I brushed it off and payed the $100 plus dollars for the work to be done locally. Problem solved right? No. At about 20k miles and about to leave to go out of town for Labor Day I have my oil changed and tires rotated at the Quick Lane the day before I leave. The WHOLE way to Arkansas I had to deal with the shaking when I applied my brakes. My truck would rattle it was so bad. I was fuming. And it was Labor Day so I couldn't have it fixed while I was visiting my family. So I had to deal with it the WHOLE way back. It gets better. I call the Quick Lane and ask to talk to the service manager, and tell him that I am having an issue with my brakes shaking and that I think think it was a result of them not tightening the lug nuts properly. I got laughed at and was told that it has nothing to do with the tightening of the lug nuts. So I guess it's just a coincidence that twice now, the day after they rotate my tires I have this massive front end shake on a 2013 vehicle. So another $100 plus dollars to fix the problem for the second time. I also had another issue that I contacted the service department about. The response was "how about you just drop it off with me for a few days and we will take a look at it". Well sure! Everyone has a garage full of cars that we can use to get around while we drop our other vehicle off for a few days to be "looked at". I will never buy another vehicle from there again. I will pay more elsewhere to get better treatment. Sorry for the long post, but I felt like I needed to respond to Jack's post above.

Jacob

all star rod
11-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Well, good choice. You can't ever go wrong with a Dodge!

:rotfl::rotfl: is this your JOKE of the day......