PDA

View Full Version : a lil upset

flounder_smacker
08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
recently i spent a significant amount of money on a swarovski scope. iv never owned a scope that cost over 150 bucks before this one and decided i would finally upgrade. so i got the works with the illuminated reticule. after buying it i was told by a buddy that i couldnt use it to hunt because of the illuminated reticule. then i looked on wlf and this is what i found.

METHODS OF TAKING RESIDENT GAME BIRDS AND QUADRUPEDS
No person shall take or kill any game bird or wild quadruped with a firearm fitted with any device to deaden or silence the sound of the discharge thereof; or fitted with an infrared sight, electrically operated sight, or device specifically designed to enhance vision at night {R.S. 56:116.1B(3)}.

anyone know anything about this law? this is the first time i hear of it. can i just take the batteries out. if not anyone want to buy a scope?

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-14-2009, 09:35 PM
They mean night vision

duckman444
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM
call the ldwf to talk to a person not a recording and ask them, nothing any of us say is gonna help you when they hit you with a ticket and take your gun. i would think they are talking bout nightvision, but one phone call could save you some money.

yak'em-n-stack'em
08-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Very true.

flounder_smacker
08-16-2009, 08:54 AM
why did yall move this to the classifieds?