PDA

View Full Version : SC Tourney - Video

marshworks
08-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Evening All,

Chicken and I have talked a little bit about filming and cutting a video of this year's tournament. I'm pretty excited about it but just wanted to give everyone the heads up before I go sticking cameras in people's grills.

We want to get a good bit of footage from all aspects of the tournament, pre-game, kickoff, weigh-in, post-game, drunk in the parking lot and mad because Night Court ain't on no more, etc.

If you don't want to be on camera, just say, no dude not for me. If you don't mind it, just act natural and I'll sell the tapes to Party Down South (kidding of course). We're going to be using smaller handhelds so you guys don't feel like the news anchors are interrogating you.

For those of you that would like to film some stuff on your own boat, PLEASE DO!!!!! The best footage I can get is from you. I'll have all the gear to get it on the computer and will use it I promise.

To the other sponsors of the tournament, I want you to know that this will not be biased in any way. All of us will be represented in this project more than equally.

I had the opportunity to work with St. Jude on a number of projects while I was in Memphis for 10 years and I can tell you that the campus is one of the most emotionally moving places on the planet. If you're ever in the (901), try to schedule a visit. You'll re-think your life.

I'm proud to be a part of this year's event. If anyone has any questions, concerns, urge to tell me to jump off a cliff, I'll be here lurking.... Waiting for W to let me take the Haynie shrimping.

See you guys Friday.

Lake Chuck Duck
08-09-2011, 06:52 AM
This sounds awesome! Also I had a lil something to share about St. Jude. The other day a lady came by our snow cone stand in Lake Charles and saw the flyer for the tournament. She got all excited and asked if we had a stack of flyers for her to hand out because it wasnt too often that you see a benefit for St. Jude. My wife told her we didnt have any extras and that she could go to the site to get one. It was after this that she mentioned that her child had just recently passed from cancer and that was the reason for her wanting to get involved. So as you can see this tournament is really helping people and I know they appreciate it. I hope we have a great turn out! I wish I had been there to get this lady's information and try and help her out in getting her involved.

wtretrievers
08-09-2011, 07:00 AM
You mentioned filming the drunks.....so how long is this video gonna be? :)

SaltyShaw
08-09-2011, 07:28 AM

Should be interesting footage as the night progresses :smokin:

"W"
08-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I would not like to be on Video...I'm shy

adamsfence
08-09-2011, 07:35 AM
drunks is about all the footage you would get from my boat we all suck at fishing.

southern151
08-09-2011, 07:49 AM
drunks is about all the footage you would get from my boat we all suck at fishing.
People are going to fish?:confused::rotfl:

huntin fool
08-09-2011, 09:14 AM
I tend to freak out when in front of camera, including the following symptoms;
Shaking
scratching horribly
Screaming
And if we are on a boat, odds are, I will jump in to get away from camera.

Oh wait, I'll be behind it :) Carry on

marshworks
08-09-2011, 09:32 AM
W, no worries there. I won't have time to do subtitles so people can understand you. :)

And yes fool, you're gonna be busy.

We'll probably have one version that you can show your momma, and another that will likely be gill net only.

SULPHITE
08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
This sounds awesome! Also I had a lil something to share about St. Jude. The other day a lady came by our snow cone stand in Lake Charles and saw the flyer for the tournament. She got all excited and asked if we had a stack of flyers for her to hand out because it wasnt too often that you see a benefit for St. Jude. My wife told her we didnt have any extras and that she could go to the site to get one. It was after this that she mentioned that her child had just recently passed from cancer and that was the reason for her wanting to get involved. So as you can see this tournament is really helping people and I know they appreciate it. I hope we have a great turn out! I wish I had been there to get this lady's information and try and help her out in getting her involved.

thats awesome LCD!

Dink
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM

Maybe 1 drunk video and 1 fishing video??

I'm gonna have to stay in my room Friday night.........

southern151
08-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Oh no you're not! We did fine in GI pourin on a few drinks so, you'll be ok in Big Lake!:work:

jchief
08-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I tend to freak out when in front of camera, including the following symptoms;
Shaking
scratching horribly
Screaming
And if we are on a boat, odds are, I will jump in to get away from camera.

Oh wait, I'll be behind it :) Carry on

There are other cameras out there. :D

adamsfence
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM

i wouldn't let anyone see me drinking that junk you drink either:D

Tex Dawg
08-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a crazy weekend, read one guy will be in a speedo, another wearing a bikini offering lap dances & a trip to the vip room for rod purchaces,drinking & camping together, all this while video taping, sounds like a guys gone wild video production, and you guys probably told your wife that you will be fishing a tourney.lol. Have a good one everyone & good luck in the tourney.

marshworks
08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a crazy weekend, read one guy will be in a speedo, another wearing a bikini offering lap dances & a trip to the vip room for rod purchaces,drinking & camping together, all this while video taping, sounds like a guys gone wild video production, and you guys probably told your wife that you will be fishing a tourney.lol. Have a good one everyone & good luck in the tourney.

Huh????

Salty
08-09-2011, 11:21 PM
Marsh, I'm sending over a banner for you to fly on your boat. :rolleyes:

Tex Dawg
08-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Huh????

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion: Stick'em Rods at the SC Tourney - SaltyCajun.com

mcjaredsandwich
08-09-2011, 11:27 PM
do you have equipment to take video from a phone and put it on your computer? I have an evo

huntin fool
08-09-2011, 11:32 PM
do you have equipment to take video from a phone and put it on your computer? I have an evo

We can do it all.. big or small.

I honestly have no idea, however I think he can do that. If not, I can. Just need his laptop.

mcjaredsandwich
08-09-2011, 11:35 PM
We can do it all.. big or small.

I honestly have no idea, however I think he can do that. If not, I can. Just need his laptop.
Come to think of it, my factory charger has a usb port before it plus into the wall...I can just use that. Was thinking about taking some videos.

huntin fool
08-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Come to think of it, my factory charger has a usb port before it plus into the wall...I can just use that. Was thinking about taking some videos.

That's what I was going to do.

speckdaddy
08-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Ill give you boys plenty ta film

Lake Chuck Duck
08-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Yeah Jared we will get some nice footage of them hawgs that we will be pullin in.

meaux fishing
08-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Ill give you boys plenty ta film
LOL...dats no joke

marshworks
08-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Pretty sure I can pull from an EVO. Haven't tried but I'll figure it out. I'll have my laptop set up after weigh-in so we can get everyone's video loaded.

Try to shoot in HD if you can, makes the final edits easier to touch up if needed.