PDA

View Full Version : Smf sela gathering

eman
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
this year the Smoking Meat Forums South Louisiana Gathering will take place at a friends farm about 20 min. outside Franklinton La. on Oct. 28 -29- 30.
Some of y'all expressed intrest last year so i would like to invite any of the members here who are into smoking meat, sausage making, bacon curing or just eating of said food to attend.
We will be doing oyster poboys and pastalaya Fri. night Sat.is the big smoking day and as of now we are doing Brisket ,Buffalo, butts, sausage
Lots of appitizers etc.
The smoke house will be going as we will be cold smoking bacon and sausage all weekend.
We will have a big projection TV set up for any games that are on.
Football is fun at the gathering as we have members from La. Miss . Bamma and florida attending.
For more info ,Contact me or go to smoking meat forums.com and check out the SELA gathering post.
You can come and help or come and relax all are welcome.
This is a family function but there is usually a camp fire at night and
It can be adult oriented. ( language, drinking ,etc.)
If you are interested PM me and i'll send you my phone number .:cool:

calcutta37
08-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Couple pics of a smoked fatty i had a month or two ago was awsome.

eman
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm sure there will be a few fatties on the pit.

adamsfence
08-11-2011, 11:01 AM
awesome just bought me a smoker about 2 weeks ago and have been playing with it a little bit. would be nice to get to see some of the other rigs

Armand16
08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
Couple pics of a smoked fatty i had a month or two ago was awsome.

damn, that looks great.. what u got in that thing?

eman
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
awesome just bought me a smoker about 2 weeks ago and have been playing with it a little bit. would be nice to get to see some of the other rigs
Most of the smokers will be lang stick burners but we will have a gassser or 2 doing abts and moink balls.
Camping is available on site, motels 25 min away or just come up for the day saturday.

Hebert
08-14-2011, 01:13 AM
I was at the 1st annual SMF smokin get together...was awesome!