PDA

View Full Version : Carrot Sticks

cajunsorc
08-16-2009, 05:25 PM
I have never been real impressed with carrot sticks. First of all they are like a sharp stick to the eye to look at. I recently purchased one of the 7' 9" Heavy power fast action models to throw a carolina rig with at Rayburn and toledo. I am not real happy with it and have offered it to a friend as he like the rod. I just recently ran across this article and wanted to pass it on. I have never been a big fan of Boyd Duckett. Not that I don't like him just indifferent. But after reading this article I have tremendous respect for him as he has gone against the grain and stood up for his beliefs in a business where you are made by the number of sponsors you maintain. Way to go Mr. Duckett--my hat is off to you.

http://www.basszone.com/2009quickflips/duckett7.htm

Salty
08-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Props to Boyd Duckett. He stood up for what he thought was right.

SULPHITE
08-16-2009, 09:39 PM
I've got family that live in Demopolis AL!!

Good for him...thats the way it should be...

fritz20
08-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I had one that I was using for bass fishing, but I decided to get rid of it. The guides on the LTX are absolute trash. Braided line sounded like a freight train coming through the guides. I also did not care for the foam grips. If they upgraded the guides, changed the grips, and made them more durable I would try them again. There are just too many good rods out there to make all these sacrifices just to have a lightweight rod.

BossHog
08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
I dont care if they were the best rod in the world you not gonna see me fishing with something that UGLY.

Country
08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I've got family that live in Demopolis AL!!

Good for him...thats the way it should be...

I'm sorry to hear that(ha). I had a brother that moved over there for a couple of years. Good sense got the better of him and he moved back to Louisiana.

Country

SULPHITE
08-22-2009, 12:30 PM
to each his own...