PDA

View Full Version : Gunsmith in Lafayette?

Matt G
08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
I dropped off my brother's Ruger .40 at Custom Gun Works in Lafayette to get it repaired and the guy told me they were backed up for almost 2 months. Got a phone call back asking me to come pick up the gun because they were shutting down. Anybody know of any other gunsmiths in the area? It could be another company or an independent working in their garage. Just need the thing fixed. Thanks in advance.

bjhooper82
08-31-2011, 09:00 PM
they have enough work to be backed up for two months and their shutting down thats odd

jdm4x43732
08-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Try Bullets and Bows in Rayne. I always had good luck with them, real nice people. Head south down the Boulevard right before the RR tracks hang a right, 1/2 block down.

Matt G
08-31-2011, 10:18 PM
I said the same thing when they called.... Sounded sketchy to me..... Thanks jdm I'll call them in the morning.

Dink
08-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Closing?? I don't think so!!

huggybro
09-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Bayou Teche Guns in Arnaudville.

bjhooper82
09-01-2011, 08:55 AM

X1000000. Mike Brasda is one of the best around!! Not sure if I spelled his last name right.

specktator
09-01-2011, 10:31 AM

X2 usually go there but didn't feel like driving there from Lafayette. But I will next time.

Brought my shotgun to custom bout a month and a half ago. Told me it would only be a few weeks. He didn't even know what kind of shotgun it was. Lol Called and operator said phone was disconnected. Boy I was pissed! Drove over there last Saturday, no one there, and sign was down. I thought my SBE II was gone. Monday morning he calls from a cell phone and says it was ready. Soon as I hung up, jumped in my truck and flew there. Never again.

SULPHITE
09-01-2011, 10:39 AM
X2 usually go there but didn't feel like driving there from Lafayette. But I will next time.

Brought my shotgun to custom bout a month and a half ago. Told me it would only be a few weeks. He didn't even know what kind of shotgun it was. Lol Called and operator said phone was disconnected. Boy I was pissed! Drove over there last Saturday, no one there, and sign was down. I thought my SBE II was gone. Monday morning he calls from a cell phone and says it was ready. Soon as I hung up, jumped in my truck and flew there. Never again.

damn I would've been an irate mfer.

evidrine
09-01-2011, 12:04 PM

2nd that. Never used him, but heard a lot of good things about him.

Slimred
09-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Mike Brazda with bayou Teche guns is the best around. Won't be disappointed