PDA

View Full Version : Hobie Pro Angler

YellowMouth7
09-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey guys I am thinking of buying a hobie pro angler. I have never owned a kayak before but this one looks sweet. My question is is it worth $2,500?
any opinions are greatly appretiated, take into acount that im 6'2 255

TB
:confused:

Montauk17
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Most stable kayak on the market. In fact it is more of a boat than a kayak. Only downfall is the weight. Worth the money? Personally I would never spend that kind of money on a piece of plastic.

bmac
09-07-2011, 12:31 AM
I had one. Only sold it to buy a boat. It's the ultimate kayak IMO. You will BR able to stand and fish out of it at your size (I could easily at 6' 260).
If you have a truck or trailer you will be ok, I wouldn't try lifting it to cartop on anything higher than a civic. Get a hobie cart with it and it will be easy to move around on land.
If I ever get a kayak again it will be another PA. I've had an outback, tarpon, scupper pro, mini-x and the PA was the best.

RAGINJROB
09-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Definitely worth it. Hobie kayaks hold their value also. Probably only kayak you will be comfortable in to fish all day. I know, because I have tried others and I'm 6'5 250. I stand a lot to fish in my PA. Once in the water it you do not notice weight and it performs just as good as an ouback. Let me know if you have any other questions. You are welcome to try mine out or call Pack and Paddle and they will let you demo one.

BassAssasin
09-07-2011, 08:51 AM
man save that $2,500 and put a down payment on a real boat. I dont think the cajun has another year left in it

YellowMouth7
09-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks guys, Mike i will get one of those too.

TB