PDA

View Full Version : Feeders

RatherBFishin
09-12-2011, 12:24 PM
What are you guys thoughts on using corn feeders in Southwest LA? I hunt in the DeRidder area and use them with good results. I have a buddy who hunts around Elton on the edge of rice and had deer on his corn pile daily and then put up a feeder cause the hogs were killin him and has not seen a deer on camera since. Opinions suggestions?

jchief
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Give it time. Something new in their area. Need to adjust to it.

eman
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
if someone put a gorilla in your living room ,it would take you a while to figure it out too.
If he puts feeders like the one in the pic ,they will be torn up soon . Them things are like a toy for hogs.
knopck em over and tear em up to get the corn

RatherBFishin
09-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Our deer in DeRidder are probably used to it compared to my friends deer in elton.

mcjaredsandwich
09-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Put up a wire fence about 24" to 32" high around feeder, give total area inside fenced area maybe 30ftx 30ft...heighth will keep out hogs and deer will have no problem hopping over that, the space will also let the deer have enough room to move while feeding to feel comfortable.

evidrine
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Put up a wire fence about 24" to 32" high around feeder, give total area inside fenced area maybe 30ftx 30ft...heighth will keep out hogs and deer will have no problem hopping over that, the space will also let the deer have enough room to move while feeding to feel comfortable.

Better be on heck of a wire fence. If hogs want in, they will get in.

mcjaredsandwich
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Better be on heck of a wire fence. If hogs want in, they will get in.

Put a steel post every 3 feet.