PDA

View Full Version : 3 rivers wma

LPfishnTIM
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
I made the trip to red river wma/ 3 rivers wma. its been a couple years since I've hunted over there, was in the process of building a camp. Made a scouting trip and looked at the effects of the floods from the mississippi and red river from earlier this summer. one picture I took was of a Cyprus tree by lower sunk lake, it has a nice line on it where the water was. btw didn't see any signs of deer or hogs anywhere around, didn't even see any squirrels in the area that I am use to hunting. so now I'm wondering how long it will take for the wildlife to make there way back to where they were pre-flood? On a brighter note, I caught a bass in the red river and the guys that have the lot next to where I camp applied for the red river wma alligator lottery hunt and had 3 tags they had a successful hunt saturday a.m. with 3 gators I took pics of the 2 biggest and I'll probably will apply for it next year. I think the only hunting I'll be doing this year is some duck hunting and hunting for a good fishing spot!

weedeater
09-18-2011, 08:55 PM
always heard that was good hunting, hate to hear how bad it was effected

iron man
09-19-2011, 01:10 AM
I heard about that. Got a buddy that hunts that area everyday he can. He usually fills his deer tags early in the season, like the 6th or 7th week. Guess, he'll have to come hunt the swamp with me now. BTW, thanks for the rifle.