PDA

View Full Version : Late 9-18 report

jchief
09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Ok.

Shawn, myself and my son Matt headed out to Shawn's place to harvest some blues.

Right at shooting time 4 set in the decoys. Fixing to get a limit with one shot, literally. About the time Shawn raises up to shoot, the fly off. Shawn and Matt manage to get ONE out of the four. AHEMM

We had several small groups and singles come in. Needless to say, our marksmanship needs some improving.

Brought the camera and was going to shoot a few pics. When I decided to let Shawn and Matt shoot and me take pics, the flights were over.

Left the blind right at 8 so they could be back for church. We ended with 5 teal and lost 2 or 3. Should have limited.

Thanks for the invite Shawn.

Micah
09-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Very cool pics. We struggled to hit that day as well.

Kenner18
09-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Cool Pics . Looks like Yall had a good time.

bjhooper82
09-21-2011, 09:35 AM
Nice pics. I love watching dogs work on duck hunts.

all star rod
09-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Looks like a great area..
seems the teal have moved into our area....since monday we have been killing 3 man limits by 8am.

Shawn Braquet
09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Looks like a great area..
seems the teal have moved into our area....since monday we have been killing 3 man limits by 8am.
we have teal but you better be done by 8 otherwise it isn't going to happen

Shawn Braquet
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice pics. I love watching dogs work on duck hunts.
You wouldn't have wanted to be on this hunt then, Drake and I were not on the same page this day. It's ok though, yesterday he went through electroshock therapy and we are currently working through our problems:smokin:.

Micah
09-21-2011, 10:55 AM
You wouldn't have wanted to be on this hunt then, Drake and I were not on the same page this day. It's ok though, yesterday he went through electroshock therapy and we are currently working through our problems:smokin:.

Lol

specktator
09-21-2011, 10:59 AM
I should have gone this morning. Went yesterday and had 3 man limit by 7:15

Shawn Braquet
09-21-2011, 11:00 AM
we should have done the same sunday but bad shooting doesn't even come close to explaining what we were doing.:cry:

specktator
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
we should have done the same sunday but bad shooting doesn't even come close to explaining what we were doing.:cry:

Yeh first 2-3 days I did my fair share of missing as well. Up until this past Friday, you had to shoot lights out to get a decent bag. Didn't get many opportunities. Started hunting other side of hole and the birds are coming in alot better making for much easier shots. And they finally showed up.

all star rod
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM

Did not go this morning either but one of the guys I share our lease went with two friends and had 12. He said theu could of easily shot 2 more.