PDA

View Full Version : Need New TV?

weedeater
09-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Well my 10yr old Sony TV just crapped out so now I have to get a new one. My question is since this one is 10yrs old and I am way out of date on these things what do yall suggest? I want somthing to hang on my wall so it needs to be thin with a good pic, good sound, around 40"-50" and most important not a friggin fortune. Thanks Jason

shellman
09-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Vizio HD is way to go.....

jdm4x43732
09-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Don't buy the cheapo one from best buy. Forgot the name brand maybe dynex ,picture is ****ty.

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Well my 10yr old Sony TV just crapped out so now I have to get a new one. My question is since this one is 10yrs old and I am way out of date on these things what do yall suggest? I want somthing to hang on my wall so it needs to be thin with a good pic, good sound, around 40"-50" and most important not a friggin fortune. Thanks Jason

Price Range?? - I have been look at upgarding ours for the last month so I have read every review looked at tons of models and takled to every tech guru I know..What are you looking to spend, how bright is the room it will be in, adn what do you watch the most of.

weedeater
09-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Vizio HD is way to go.....

I have watched a few of these and they seem pretty good

weedeater
09-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Price Range?? - I have been look at upgarding ours for the last month so I have read every review looked at tons of models and takled to every tech guru I know..What are you looking to spend, how bright is the room it will be in, adn what do you watch the most of.

Not real sure on price since I dont know what any cost but I want to stay as low as possible but get somthin good "Inexpensive but not Cheap". It will be in living room and its not super bright since I have a front porch that blocks most real bright light and my house is east and west with living room on north side so no direct sun light.

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Not real sure on price since I dont know what any cost but I want to stay as low as possible but get somthin good "Inexpensive but not Cheap". It will be in living room and its not super bright since I have a front porch that blocks most real bright light and my house is east and west with living room on north side so no direct sun light.

Wish you would have caught me 2 weeks ago, we are moving from L.C.out to Moss Bluff this week and I sold my 46" Sony with our house, The people that bought our house didn't want to go through the trouble of mounting one on the wall so they offered me 900 for it and I settled for that. That is why I am upgrading.

weedeater
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Wish you would have caught me 2 weeks ago, we are moving from L.C.out to Moss Bluff this week and I sold my 46" Sony with our house, The people that bought our house didn't want to go through the trouble of mounting one on the wall so they offered me 900 for it and I settled for that. That is why I am upgrading.

You movin to "Gods Country", what area? I hate buying crap like this.

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 04:16 PM

LED tv's are nice but you see alot of blurs when you are watching fast action, and they are in their first generation. Everyhing I looked at the new genereation plasma tv's are actually the best picture quality I have found, they will show more glare if a light hits them or windows are open and it is very bright in the room. to get a good LED you have to go up to the 240htz range and they still show blurry with some fast movements, plasma have a 600 mhz refresh rate.

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 04:19 PM
You movin to "Gods Country", what area? I hate buying crap like this.

We bought a house in Coffey Pines. Right off of North Perkins ferry

weedeater
09-25-2011, 04:21 PM
We bought a house in Coffey Pines. Right off of North Perkins ferry

Nice area, you still on the West side with me and Paul and some others unlike Merc over on the East side.:smokin:

bjhooper82
09-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Stick with sony or switch to samsung. Best on the market by far. You get what you pay for.

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Nice area, you still on the West side with me and Paul and some others unlike Merc over on the East side.:smokin:

Where y'all at?

Keith_Stone
09-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Stick with sony or switch to samsung. Best on the market by far. You get what you pay for.

Samsung is the leader in LED technology, but the 240 htz LED will run $2300. The 120 htz look good when the action is moving slow and are very bright but it is easy to spot flaws on the LED tv's. I have always owned Sony and there LED tv's really are not that impressive, Samsung is definately yhe way to go if you go with LED.

1fastmerc
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM

Everybody knows the east side is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1fastmerc
09-25-2011, 04:27 PM
I gotta 54" I'll trade ya.

Shawn Braquet
09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I just bought a 55" toshiba led, 3d, 240 hz with built in wifi. Paid less than 1800 with the 4 year warranty and hdmi cable. The 3d is cool as sh*t. I like it a lot. And the 3d glasses are the ones without the batteries, which is what i was told to go with

jchief
09-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Shawn, get a sales paper I think your TV went on sale today at the place you bought it.

Watched the game last night at Shawn's, and the TV looked good.

Shawn Braquet
09-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Would be my luck, i paid 1350 before ttl

jchief
09-25-2011, 05:11 PM
Toshiba 55", 1080p, 240 Hz, 2d-3d conversion, Skype capable, built in wifi, 4 pair of glasses, $1299. This is at Conn's

Shawn Braquet
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Toshiba 55", 1080p, 240 Hz, 2d-3d conversion, Skype capable, built in wifi, 4 pair of glasses, $1299. This is at Conn's

Sounds like her, oh well, 2nd time thats happened to me but last time 300 cheaper 2 weeks later lol life i guess

1fastmerc
09-25-2011, 05:14 PM

As tight as Weedwacker is he's probably gonna a 13" when he sees the price.

weedeater
09-25-2011, 07:56 PM
As tight as Weedwacker is he's probably gonna a 13" when he sees the price.

you ain't bird turdin on that crap I was think $500 bucks, I ain't buyin a full blown cinema