PDA

View Full Version : Carpentry help

scott craft
10-11-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm changing fascia and soffet on my porch and I've got some bad boards underneath. I've taken the fascia off along with the 2x6's underneath and the soffet. Some of my rafters have bad spots. My question is if any of you guys around Moss Bluff would be willing to come by and give me an idea of how to fix this. I don't want someone to do it for me, I just need some pointers on getting started since I've never done this before. Thanks guys.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Gerald
10-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Paul is an expert..... ie. builds homes.

I would be glad to come by and give you some ideas. I need to run some errans so I will be out. Send me a PM with info.

weedeater
10-11-2011, 08:57 PM
an easy fix is to scab some boards, what ever size rafter you have, on to the ends. Take your new boards and run them along the old rafter tail and nail to good wood, if you dont get what I mean pm me and I can try to run by since I will be passin that way tomarrow. I am no carpenter but I have worked on alot of rent houses

scott craft
10-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Jason that's probably what I'm going to have to do. Gerald is supposed to come by today. This started as a relatively small job but it's not small anymore. I'm a long way from being a carpenter but at the rate it's going at my house I will be in a couple of years.

weedeater
10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
let me know if you need a hand

weedeater
10-12-2011, 08:31 AM
another good thing is cordless drill and long screws, keeps you from knockin somthin else loose

scott craft
10-12-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks, will do.

scott craft
10-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Just want to give Gerald a big thanks! He came by the house and lined me out on what I need to do. Saltycajun has some great people!