PDA

View Full Version : duck blind

Ducktrickster
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Looking to lease a blind within 40 or so miles from crowley. Let me know if you have any leads. Thanks

SaltyShaw
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Were at?

SaltyShaw
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
South North East West?

Ducktrickster
10-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Id like it to be south or west

meaux fishing
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
stay away from a dude named David Boudreaux he is from the Crowley/Rayne area

SaltyShaw
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
I'll ask around

Ducktrickster
10-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks

duck enticer
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
stay away from a dude named David Boudreaux he is from the Crowley/Rayne area

I've leased from David Boudreaux and I say he isn't that bad. I don't know where the misinformation comes from.

Boudreaux has about 6 leases anywhere from Morse to Thornwell. We killed geese last year and weren't all that displeased. If you can call and have a halfway decent setup you can kill specks.

In my mind if you are going to say someone is bad, that is okay and actually a good thing. Qualify your experience with a story though. Oh, and by the way, I am not David Boudreaux. :)

Ducktrickster,

I will keep my ears open. Honestly though, I am not sure there are a lot of really good leases for big duck season that close to Crowley. They all do well for teal season, but it dies down a little towards the big season. If you have a water hole and can let it sit for a couple of weeks at a time you will have ducks, but other than that I don't know. Geese are probably more consistent than ducks. If you hear of something the places that would be best in order, are : Anywhere next to Wright's enrichment plant (Southwest of Crowley), Morse (South-Southwest of Crowley) and Lyons Point, (South of Crowley).

edit:
Another real nice spot if you can get in on it is North of Crowley, about 5 miles. Mowata area. There is a little flight way there that does really well. Those guys were killing every kind of duck including Canvasbacks last year. It is very isolated though.

Ducktrickster
10-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I hunt the mowata area now. Im not limiting myself to the crowley area. Anywhere like welsh, klondike, kaplan and points in between.

DUCKGOGETTER
10-14-2011, 10:06 AM
I went speck hunting a couple of times in mowata good god they had some specks in that area.

meaux fishing
10-14-2011, 11:30 AM
I've leased from David Boudreaux and I say he isn't that bad. I don't know where the misinformation comes from.

Boudreaux has about 6 leases anywhere from Morse to Thornwell. We killed geese last year and weren't all that displeased. If you can call and have a halfway decent setup you can kill specks.

In my mind if you are going to say someone is bad, that is okay and actually a good thing. Qualify your experience with a story though. Oh, and by the way, I am not David Boudreaux. :)

Ducktrickster,

I will keep my ears open. Honestly though, I am not sure there are a lot of really good leases for big duck season that close to Crowley. They all do well for teal season, but it dies down a little towards the big season. If you have a water hole and can let it sit for a couple of weeks at a time you will have ducks, but other than that I don't know. Geese are probably more consistent than ducks. If you hear of something the places that would be best in order, are : Anywhere next to Wright's enrichment plant (Southwest of Crowley), Morse (South-Southwest of Crowley) and Lyons Point, (South of Crowley).

edit:
Another real nice spot if you can get in on it is North of Crowley, about 5 miles. Mowata area. There is a little flight way there that does really well. Those guys were killing every kind of duck including Canvasbacks last year. It is very isolated though.
OK not David:rolleyes: I know three people that fell for his BS and none of them killed anything last year worth talking about...when people all over the same area were slaughtering ducks and geese

speckhunter
10-14-2011, 12:31 PM
any one seeing any ducks or geese yet

duck enticer
10-14-2011, 12:59 PM
OK not David:rolleyes: I know three people that fell for his BS and none of them killed anything last year worth talking about...when people all over the same area were slaughtering ducks and geese

That's better, at least you validated your response. I have heard gripes about David before, your friend isn't the first. Knowing him personally, I can see why people might take issue with the way he runs things. Can't say I completely agree myself.

that being said, I killed geese on the leases last year, and by the way, my name is Chris Cole. Just so you know who you are talking too.

Ducktrickster
10-14-2011, 02:20 PM

What was the factor that caused them not to kill while others in the area did?

meaux fishing
10-14-2011, 02:53 PM
What was the factor that caused them not to kill while others in the area did?

1. "misunderstanding" about water
2. No birds
3. Only got to hunt 3 of the 6 blinds in a "rotational " lease
4. The fields that had water were never assigned to them.

This was the opinion of two separate groups leasing. One guy stopped hunting in the middle of the season cause it was a waste of time

all star rod
10-14-2011, 03:40 PM
last year I was looking for another lease....for 7 years my two uncles and I shared a lease. Well one of my uncles keep letting one of his broke d.. buddies hunt 24-7 so my other uncle and I decided to look for something else. Well I saw his "David's" add in the Quick Qtr and I called him. So he went from at first wanting to charge us 5K with all these rules. Well my uncle and I found something else.....David called me like every other day....in the end, he basically begged me to lease from him and the price went down every time. Towards the end, I think he would of paid me to lease from him:rotfl:....also my father in law knows him.....he said stay away from that dude.....
I guess some people are happy killing 20-30 geese a year.

all star rod
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM
2. No birds

This was the opinion of two separate groups leasing. One guy stopped hunting in the middle of the season cause it was a waste of time

I guess Duck Enticer was the one who hunted the 3 blinds you did not hunt which had water....;)

I bet there was on "misunderstanding" on how much $$$ he was owed from you....

specktator
10-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Stay away from Neal Landry in Kaplan too. I pass the blind he leased us all the time on my way back from PI. Hasn't been leased out since we leased it 5-6 years ago. What a crook.

all star rod
10-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Stay away from Neal Landry in Kaplan too.

I have heard about him to.....my by brother in law is married to one someone who is realated to him.

duck enticer
10-14-2011, 04:29 PM
last year I was looking for another lease....for 7 years my two uncles and I shared a lease. Well one of my uncles keep letting one of his broke d.. buddies hunt 24-7 so my other uncle and I decided to look for something else. Well I saw his "David's" add in the Quick Qtr and I called him. So he went from at first wanting to charge us 5K with all these rules. Well my uncle and I found something else.....David called me like every other day....in the end, he basically begged me to lease from him and the price went down every time. Towards the end, I think he would of paid me to lease from him:rotfl:....also my father in law knows him.....he said stay away from that dude.....
I guess some people are happy killing 20-30 geese a year.

20-30 geese sounds about right. and as far as I know only 1-2 of the leases had water on them last year.

Ducktrickster
10-14-2011, 04:49 PM
2. No birds

Gotcha. Blind rotation is very tricky. Haven't heard of many times where it worked well.

Ducktrickster
10-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Stiil looking. Any info would be appreciated.

DUCKGOGETTER
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I have a guys number, but i'm not sure if he has anything left he usually leases everything pretty quick. He has some blinds in pine island, thornwell and welsh. Do you have a price range, cause a blind in a field is gonna cost, but if you can get a couple of guys to go in with you it ain't to bad? Let me know if you would like his info?

lsufish
10-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but waiting until a month before the season starts to find a "blind" usually leads to a bad experience. There is a reason the blinds that are still available aren't leased yet.

Ducktrickster
10-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Not to point out the obvious, but waiting until a month before the season starts to find a "blind" usually leads to a bad experience. There is a reason the blinds that are still available aren't leased yet.

Thanks for the help. Been looking since last season. No reason to give up now.

all star rod
10-21-2011, 06:38 PM

x1000

lsufish
10-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the help. Been looking since last season. No reason to give up now.
Sorry man I didn't mean to rub salt in a wound, you just never know with some people. In this case I wish you the best of luck... I know how difficult finding a good blind can be.

geralddct
10-22-2011, 09:36 AM
I saw one today in the lake Charles American press in Roanoke rice field blind 337-384-4128 good luck

specktator
10-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Saw 2-3 for lease in the new quick quarter.

specktator
10-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Here. Took a pic of it for one of my other buddies.

Ducktrickster
10-27-2011, 10:57 AM
No luck yet. Let me know if anyone hears of any last minute blinds available.

goldenrod
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
i have one i will lease you..:D

Ducktrickster
10-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Guaranteed water?

goldenrod
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
if it rains

Ducktrickster
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Sounds reasonable

bgizzle
10-27-2011, 01:43 PM
1. I know a guy by cozans lake across the road from whiteville at one of the ville platte exits. He has different priced blinds all in the same area.. hint the less you pay the more people you got hunting around you.

2. I have had an encounter with David Boudreaux we killed a few specks but definately NOT worth the money. Him and his buddies would go in the good blinds and all we could hunt was thornwell, morse a, and morse b...Never could hunt klondike or any others... Finally my buddies dad who was leasing it for customers ate his lunch and we finally were able to hunt klondike and killed a few birds... i wouldnt reccomend it... in the quickquarter his lease is under "Duck ans goose blind in good area, duck and goose decoys" if you call him once he will blow you up until the end of the season begging you to lease from him pretty much

Raymond
10-27-2011, 03:31 PM
Cazans Lake is no different than everything down Liberty Farm rd south of Kaplan.... Worthless!! Those blinds in the Q/Q have been for lease every year for the past 15 atleast.

Ducktrickster
10-27-2011, 03:46 PM
Did the cazan thing in college. Not for me.

bgizzle
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
My buddy leased a blind from that guy in cazans lake and he killed alot of birds... It wasn't on the lake side though it was in the fields... We killed birds up to the last weekend... Depends who you got hunting around you... We talked to the guys n the area we were hunting and told them we won't call birds off of you if you do the same and the same with sky busting... The geese wouldn't work the 2nd split and same with the mallards but we killed teal and greys all year... Limited out all of first split

bgizzle
10-27-2011, 03:49 PM
I hear ya.... Good luck.... I used to be in lucky twelve also in port barre there is solid hunting over there in certain parts

mstulb
10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Mowater has lots of geese,friend runs rag spread hunts out of there they are always killing aroun that area.

I went speck hunting a couple of times in mowata good god they had some specks in that area.

Ducktrickster
10-27-2011, 07:19 PM
Mowater has lots of geese,friend runs rag spread hunts out of there they are always killing aroun that area.

Duck and goose hunting is good there if you aren'in a crawfish pond