PDA

View Full Version : Conceal & Carry permits.

evidrine
10-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Any of you guys have one? Been thinking about it for a long time now. What do you guys think? I know it doesnt cost much, is it worth it? Would would some of the things be that would prevent someone from getting one? Just kind of tossing the idea around.

mako1
10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
i just took my class about a month ago. its not too big of deal except for some of the paper work. u can carry a gun in your truck of course without a permit. if you ever had a restraining order, been arrested, on psych drugs etc... u can prolly forget about it. the class taught me alot. just bc u got a permit people think they can just go around shooting people for any reason and showing off their gun. its called a concealed carry permit for a reason. and there are a lot of places u cant carry it. they are all on website. its one of those things u hope u never have to use but good to have in case u do.

"H"
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
There was a big discussion about this 2-3 months ago.
The thread has a lot of good information.
Do a history search and see if you can find it.
I've had my permit for 13 yrs and would not think of doing without it.
That being said, the State Of Louisiana is an "open carry state" which means you can carry a weapon on your side down the street on public property (unless there is a sign that states other wise) without having a ccp.
There is NO place safe anymore.
Always remember...."When seconds count the police can be there in mere minutes"

mako1
10-27-2011, 11:37 AM
yes u can carry a gun in public but the cops have a right to question you and tell u to put the gun away if other people feel unsafe.

"H"
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
The Gonzales Police did that to a dude in Gonzales a couple years ago and found themselves in a court case which they lost! Settled for an undisclosed amount and I guarantee you they have a different attitude about our rights to open carry. You can't carry in any Federal Bldg, Schools, or any private business that post a sign stating they do not allow guns on their property. Businesses that do not allow customers to carry with a permit I do not patronize.

HOPE THIS IS NOT INTERFERING WITH OFFICIAL POlICE BUSINESS :)

Armand16
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
There was a big discussion about this 2-3 months ago.
The thread has a lot of good information.
Do a history search and see if you can find it.
I've had my permit for 13 yrs and would not think of doing without it.
That being said, the State Of Louisiana is an "open carry state" which means you can carry a weapon on your side down the street on public property (unless there is a sign that states other wise) without having a ccp.
There is NO place safe anymore.
Always remember...."When seconds count the police can be there in mere minutes"

then whats the benefit in getting one?

"H"
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
If you want to carry a CONCEALED weapon you must have a permit in the State of Louisiana. If you just want to strap on your "quick draw" holster and head down the street...have at it.

mcjaredsandwich
10-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Hiding it under clothing and have a would be robber with a gun try to take money thinking you are unarmed. Then bam. Dead robber.

Armand16
10-27-2011, 12:30 PM
gotcha, thanks

kibb
10-27-2011, 12:30 PM

The courts are tougher on you if you do happen to use it in a questionable situation. You can only carry with a BAC of .05 instead of .08, as with open carry. You don't really need to carry as much as some permit holders make it out to be. Open carry, carry in your vehicle, and be aware and you should be fine.

evidrine
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM

If ever caught in a situation with a psycho slinging lead around and taking out everyone in site, I would assume the the guy with the "Quick Draw" on his side would be the first to go. I would deff prefer no one else know im carrying.

kibb
10-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Hiding it under clothing and have a would be robber with a gun try to take money thinking you are unarmed. Then bam. Dead robber.

Pull a gun on someone that's holding a gun up to you and you will be six feet under. Shoot him after he has your wallet and is retreating and Bubba's gonna have fun with you in the pen.

I don't knock ya because you have a permit. Hell, I've thought about getting one on more than on occasion. Just never got it after weighing things out.

"H"
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Personal Choice

mcjaredsandwich
10-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Pull a gun on someone that's holding a gun up to you and you will be six feet under. Shoot him after he has your wallet and is retreating and Bubba's gonna have fun with you in the pen.

I don't knock ya because you have a permit. Hell, I've thought about getting one on more than on occasion. Just never got it after weighing things out.
I dont have a permit. If it is in your back near wallet, reach for wallet and bam. quick draw. I learnt from iron man.

:confused:

kibb
10-27-2011, 12:45 PM
IF!! Lots of IFs out there.

weedeater
10-27-2011, 12:48 PM
yall makein this to harder then it is, give them the wallet and let them start to leave then pull your gun and say "hey I got some more money that I forgot about" now when they turn back around...... you can fig the rest

Armand16
10-27-2011, 12:49 PM
I dont have a permit. If it is in your back near wallet, reach for wallet and bam. quick draw. I learnt from iron man.

:confused:

you could also say "if" it was exposed it would have detoured the robber

Armand16
10-27-2011, 12:49 PM
yall makein this to harder then it is, give them the wallet and let them start to leave then pull your gun and say "hey I got some more money that I forgot about" now when they turn back around...... you can fig the rest

:rotfl: sucka!

"H"
10-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Not going to get caught at a gun fight with a pocket knife.

If some thug pulls a gun in a business on some one else or myself does not mean I will pull mine and escalate the situation. I just prefer to have options. Options that my include run or hide & never reach for my weapon.
Always exercise COMMON CENTS :)

mcjaredsandwich
10-27-2011, 12:57 PM
So many hypothetical situations. I tossed out one. You can toss out one. But, its like the question "how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?" The world may never know.

mako1
10-27-2011, 01:00 PM
well if you encounter a dangerous situation with someones elses life at stake yes u can pull your gun. only if u think that other persons life is in danger. thats the thing. u cant shoot someone in the back even if they have just robbed u. u better run fast to catch them and get in front. yes but always good to have the option to protect yourself and your family if need be

BassAssasin
10-27-2011, 01:28 PM
So many hypothetical situations. I tossed out one. You can toss out one. But, its like the question "how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop?" The world may never know.
haha

iron man
10-27-2011, 05:07 PM
The Gonzales Police did that to a dude in Gonzales a couple years ago and found themselves in a court case which they lost! Settled for an undisclosed amount and I guarantee you they have a different attitude about our rights to open carry. You can't carry in any Federal Bldg, Schools, or any private business that post a sign stating they do not allow guns on their property. Businesses that do not allow customers to carry with a permit I do not patronize.

HOPE THIS IS NOT INTERFERING WITH OFFICIAL POlICE BUSINESS :)

I was about to post that story.

CajunRebel
10-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Good to see all the combat veterans that can outdraw the perpetrator holding a gun on them; or drawing it inconspicuously and then soliciting the escaping criminal to turnaround before shooting them. How about a mall full of people being shot by a gun-toting maniac/terrorist, time to test you urban street fighting skills? I hope the police don't think you were the shooter people reported. You're one of the good guys right?

Be aware of this, although the authorities may determine you were unequivoically justified in shooting someone, you still can be sued by the family of the perpetrator and any of the mall patrons shot or injured by you or the shooter. Lawyer on retainer?

Dink
10-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Call me crazy, but when the firearms laws come down, all you CCP's will be the first doors knocked on........I buy guns cash money from owners, no paper, no knock on my door.......

And yes, I sometimes carry concealed......