PDA

View Full Version : catfish discussion

huntin fool
05-03-2009, 08:28 PM
this is a thread for all the catfish lovers, talk about techniques,baits,spots,rigs,how to cook em,post pics,etc.

hope yall enjoy!

i will post pics later :D

CatDaddy
05-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Way to be on top of things H.F. I like this idea.

huntin fool
05-03-2009, 08:44 PM
i like being on top of the game. :) as youu can see

cordgrass
05-03-2009, 08:47 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/joshuasoileau/p1179704268204994.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/joshuasoileau/p1179704469916310.jpg

huntin fool
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
my bad wrong section...

nice pics!!

LaAngler
05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
i caught some nice cats in the gulf states ditch before HF, they like stinkbait on that river i think......

huntin fool
05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
that stink bait dont wanna stay on my hook. i may try running some jugs in GSD.

huntin fool
05-03-2009, 08:56 PM
cat daddy what do you use for bait for your jugs and trot lines?

Reverend Redfish
05-03-2009, 11:25 PM
where is the best place to catch some good catfish in the Lafayette area? Everyone tells me the Vermillion River, but I have to tell you - I will NOT eat anything from that sewage river... What's y'alls thoughts?

LaAngler
05-03-2009, 11:33 PM
there has to be some big ones in the basin, catching them would be the trick, i caught some by accident in butte larose on nightcrawlers last year. i fished a small canal just a couple minutes from the launch.

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 07:22 AM
cat daddy what do you use for bait for your jugs and trot lines?

If i want to catch some Flatheads (opps). I use something live.. Espically live bream. If an Opp had any choice of bait..... it would be a live bream.

If you want blues and channels, they like almost anything but I find they bite the best on mullet fillets, red carp, and bream (dead or alive).

All this information is whats happening in my aera where I fish, It may be different in your aera.

Im not greedy, and will gladly take anyone that asks on a catfishing trip for free, BYOB. Sometimes i catch 3 or 4, but most of the time I come back with 1-200 lbs of catfish.

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 07:23 AM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/joshuasoileau/p1179704268204994.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii212/joshuasoileau/p1179704469916310.jpg

Nice Opps. Where did ya get those, and what they were biting on?

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 07:25 AM
where is the best place to catch some good catfish in the Lafayette area? Everyone tells me the Vermillion River, but I have to tell you - I will NOT eat anything from that sewage river... What's y'alls thoughts?

Intracostal Canal.. Come meet me one day

huntin fool
05-04-2009, 10:28 AM
cay daddy,the intercoastal canal is salt water..yall catch fresh water cats in the intercoastal,and not hard heads??:help:

btw im sick with allergies today..i dont think those teachers wanted me there today..:shaking:

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 11:02 AM
cay daddy,the intercoastal canal is salt water..yall catch fresh water cats in the intercoastal,and not hard heads??:help:

btw im sick with allergies today..i dont think those teachers wanted me there today..:shaking:

Some parts of the Intracoastal are salt. but not in my aera. I can fish intracoastal and catch Bass, Cats, sac-a-lait, reds, shouopic, bream.. almost anything but trout. Its brackish.. you need to come check out my home waters one day.

huntin fool
05-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Some parts of the Intracoastal are salt. but not in my aera. I can fish intracoastal and catch Bass, Cats, sac-a-lait, reds, shouopic, bream.. almost anything but trout. Its brackish.. you need to come check out my home waters one day.

may have to make that trip with my cousin..what do you run most,jugs or lines? :cool:

TDaigle
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
CatDaddy I knew i would find u here.

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
may have to make that trip with my cousin..what do you run most,jugs or lines? :cool:

I run mostly limb lines. I do have about 120 jugs that i run pretty often. On a good night i will run all my limbs and jugs when i can find enough bait. i also have alot of trot lines, that i dont use very often. I usually set my lines out and go pole fishing till im ready to check em.

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
CatDaddy I knew i would find u here.

U know im where the fishing is big daddy!!!! pretty cool place here.

TDaigle
05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Cool site, glad you told me about it. When you get in we need to make one of those cat trips.

CatDaddy
05-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Cool site, glad you told me about it. When you get in we need to make one of those cat trips.

Whenever your ready haws

TDaigle
05-04-2009, 04:02 PM
Hammered the trout on Friday out of Cocodrie.

cordgrass
05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Nice Opps. Where did ya get those, and what they were biting on?

The old river controls structures near simmsport la, castnetted a few shad and thats what they were biting on.

Hebert
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
only thing I like more than catching catfish is eatin them! here's a big blue I caught on the James river in Va. in 2006 ...35.5 lbs...and its considered a small one on that river..lol

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2782/catiji.jpg

huntin fool
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
catdaddy, im gone all next week, but when i get back i think i may try running some jugs at night on the river..got any tips?

mallard matt
05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
Try lake martin i caught some good cats ther last year at night.From the banks and from land.

StuBone278
05-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Catdaddy I fish the intracoastal for catfish and the occasional redfish also. I'm usually fishin from the Boston to the Oaks canal. Usually just do decent, may start setting jugs in the morning so I'll have some more when I come back in, hah. Where are you fishing out of?

killa k
05-17-2009, 08:45 AM
I ran some jugs up in the highlines north of ward 8 a couple of weeks ago, something came up with work and I didn't get to go check them the next morning so they sat for 2 nights. When I went back I had 1 dead gar (thankfully) that went about 15 pounds, 1 strangled cottonmouth (he got to keep the hook), a 3 lb channel cat and probably 6 or 7 straightened hooks and a broken one. Using mullet filets at about 4 ft deep, haven't had a chance to go out since.

Reverend Redfish
05-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Intracostal Canal.. Come meet me one day[/QUOTE]

CatDaddy, where in the Intracoastal Canal do you fish? I usualy fish the Boston. Typically the Chiene, Delcambre Canal, and any mouth leading into the bay.

StuBone278
05-17-2009, 02:18 PM
hey Reverend keep an eye out for me out there. Usually fishin that cut just east of the holding tanks and that work boat docked 24/7. Probably the only guy in the area with a 20hp Tohatsu and green deck in the jon boat, hahah! You launch out of Don's or Jean Marie?

killa k
05-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Catdaddy-
I know you run jugs alot, what size hooks are you using? I have mine rigged with 4/0 kahle, but i have had a few straightened ones, just started jugging, is this pretty common?

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Catdaddy-
I know you run jugs alot, what size hooks are you using? I have mine rigged with 4/0 kahle, but i have had a few straightened ones, just started jugging, is this pretty common?

I have been testing and using different hooks for a long time... I have finally found a hook that I think is the strongest and most dependable hook that i think...

I get them at Louisiana Net and Twine. They are the MUSTAD Forged Cadmium Plated hooks.... I use a 8/0 hook with the big eyes. (34081 style).

Me and one of my buddies were jugging the other night and one of these babys snagged an alligator... we caught the line and drug this alligator to the boat (keep in mind this thing is thrashing the water like he is on crack rock).. My buddy has a 14 foot boat and the tip of the nose was on the front and his tail was all the way to the back.. We held on to this alligator for almost 30 minutes till we could get the hook out.. when the hook was out, we noticed that it hadn't bent one bit... that made me a beleiver in these hooks.. I wont be buying any other hook from now on.

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Intracostal Canal.. Come meet me one day

CatDaddy, where in the Intracoastal Canal do you fish? I usualy fish the Boston. Typically the Chiene, Delcambre Canal, and any mouth leading into the bay.[/QUOTE]

Im more in white lake, grand lake, old intracoastal, and new intracoastal inbetween grand lake and white lake..

huntin fool
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
I have been testing and using different hooks for a long time... I have finally found a hook that I think is the strongest and most dependable hook that i think...

I get them at Louisiana Net and Twine. They are the MUSTAD Forged Cadmium Plated hooks.... I use a 8/0 hook with the big eyes. (34081 style).

Me and one of my buddies were jugging the other night and one of these babys snagged an alligator... we caught the line and drug this alligator to the boat (keep in mind this thing is thrashing the water like he is on crack rock).. My buddy has a 14 foot boat and the tip of the nose was on the front and his tail was all the way to the back.. We held on to this alligator for almost 30 minutes till we could get the hook out.. when the hook was out, we noticed that it hadn't bent one bit... that made me a beleiver in these hooks.. I wont be buying any other hook from now on.

if you release the gator unharmed (if it catches your jug on accident) is that illegal or legal?

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:12 PM
catdaddy, im gone all next week, but when i get back i think i may try running some jugs at night on the river..got any tips?

Start baiting at sundown... check em about 12:00.. and then again in the morning if you want to stay up that long.. Use FRESH or LIVE bait.. Like cut mullet, Live bream, Red Carp.. ect...

The trick is to get them at """NIGHT""... and if your going to have them in Intracoastal... you have to keep an eye on them so the dern tugs dont suck em all up...

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:33 PM
if you release the gator unharmed (if it catches your jug on accident) is that illegal or legal?

You cant get caught with an alligator Period... unless its in season and you have a permit/tags... I didnt want to harm it because it was so dern big...

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Here are a few pics of some catfish that i usually catch

LittleRob
05-19-2009, 06:50 AM
Atleast you drive a good truck, Dodge!!!!

Trent Buxton
05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
If you ever get a chance to go to south carolina and fish the Santee Cooper river and lake....GO as fast as you can if your a catfisherman. IT has to be the capital of the world for cats. All kinds all sizes...clean water and even the big cats taste as good as the fiddlers.

killa k
05-19-2009, 09:58 AM
You cant get caught with an alligator Period... unless its in season and you have a permit/tags... I didnt want to harm it because it was so dern big...

How did you get the hook out of that guy without people nicknaming you "stubby"?

CatDaddy
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
How did you get the hook out of that guy without people nicknaming you "stubby"?

Real fast and real carefull.....

CatDaddy
05-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Here is a picture of the actual hooks that i use...

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 02:21 PM
okay, i have a trot line ran all the way across the west fork river. i haven't done good with it at all. So if i cut it into smaller sections, what area should i look for to set it at? ex- cuts, marsh, tree line

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 02:29 PM
okay, i have a trot line ran all the way across the west fork river. i haven't done good with it at all. So if i cut it into smaller sections, what area should i look for to set it at? ex- cuts, marsh, tree line

Put it on the side this time of year. In about 5-6 foot of water. Dont put it in clear black water. The sun can penetrate clear water and depletes the oxygen, for some reason catfish dont really like it that much. Look for some willow trees, I always do good by willow trees for some reason, i havent figured that one out just yet.. If you have a depth finder, put it on the edge of some deepr holes, like on the edge.

Where you live fool? I can show you some awesome "cat holes"

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 02:30 PM
Put it on the side this time of year. In about 5-6 foot of water. Dont put it in clear black water. The sun can penetrate clear water and depletes the oxygen, for some reason catfish dont really like it that much. Look for some willow trees, I always do good by willow trees for some reason, i havent figured that one out just yet.. If you have a depth finder, put it on the edge of some deepr holes, like on the edge.

Where you live fool? I can show you some awesome "cat holes"

west fork of the calcasieu river. idk is that what you wanted? idk where willows are on the river...but i do have a depth finder

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 04:09 PM
west fork of the calcasieu river. idk is that what you wanted? idk where willows are on the river...but i do have a depth finder

How hard would it be for you to commute to Gueydan?

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 04:11 PM
How hard would it be for you to commute to Gueydan?

we dont travel there much...only during goose season.

i guess thats what you meant by commute?

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 04:13 PM
we dont travel there much...only during goose season.

i guess thats what you meant by commute?

Yea, thats what i meant. Anytime your ready or in the aera let me know, and ill hook you up with some cat spots.

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 04:14 PM
cat spots for the calcasieu? or geuydan canals? lol im confused..

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 04:19 PM
cat spots for the calcasieu? or geuydan canals? lol im confused..

Cat spots in the gueydan aera.. Or mabey i can go to your aera and find some good spots with ya.

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Cat spots in the gueydan aera.. Or mabey i can go to your aera and find some good spots with ya.

my area would be best. which doesnt have to be anytime soon. im still building up my supply on jugs

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
my area would be best. which doesnt have to be anytime soon. im still building up my supply on jugs

Ill come with everything possible you can think of. Ill make limb lines with you and you can keep them. I have 180 jugs, that i dont usually use all of them, ill even leave a few of those with you. Im offshore rite now and dont know when ill be in... ill keep in touch with you.. are you allowed to stay out in the river till about 2 or 3 am?

huntin fool
05-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Ill come with everything possible you can think of. Ill make limb lines with you and you can keep them. I have 180 jugs, that i dont usually use all of them, ill even leave a few of those with you. Im offshore rite now and dont know when ill be in... ill keep in touch with you.. are you allowed to stay out in the river till about 2 or 3 am?

i stay in the marsh til 4..so i guess :) lol

CatDaddy
05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
i stay in the marsh til 4..so i guess :) lol

well its on little dude.... prepair yourself..

Hebert
05-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Catdaddy...up till a few yrs ago the biggest cat i ever caught was from south of gueydan..it was 8lbs :) i went with my friends grandpa..Mr. Leprette...he took us pass the florence club in the marshes and we fished at a pump while it was pumpin...we tore em up...still remember that like it was yesterday...

can anyone fish those marshes now south of gueydan or is it private property?

adamsfence
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
i fish the red in boyce around alexandria. my family has land on a oxbow there. we use jug lines and throw lines. . here is a few of our pics ( we suck at photography_

CatDaddy
05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
Catdaddy...up till a few yrs ago the biggest cat i ever caught was from south of gueydan..it was 8lbs :) i went with my friends grandpa..Mr. Leprette...he took us pass the florence club in the marshes and we fished at a pump while it was pumpin...we tore em up...still remember that like it was yesterday...

can anyone fish those marshes now south of gueydan or is it private property?

Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). The main waterways are still public.

CatDaddy
05-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Nice fish adamsfence.. Thats what im talking about!!!

mechanix000
05-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). The main waterways are still public.
he's talking about the pumps on the floence canal at Amoco meaux

Hebert
05-28-2009, 08:48 PM
Nice cats Adam!!

Alot of it is private now. (the marshes anyway). .

the bastards!! :pissed: man that pisses me off that almost our whole coast is private property owned by the oil companies...

Fontenot
05-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Atchafalya river

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Let's start thinking about a central location to have a friendly catfish tournament, something simple like 25-50 dollars a team , biggest stringer, biggest fish, next day we'll cook'em sit around and lie to each other and have a kids prize or something, something easy and fun, I think I may have a place in Jennings to gather ya'll just let me know send ideas.

huntin fool
05-31-2009, 08:50 AM
gueydan canals!!! im on catdaddys team!

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 09:30 AM
gueydan canals!!! im on catdaddys team!

LMAO... you got it fool... Im all up for the little tournament thing and getting together and having a good time.. I think thats a great idea. The only problem is that i dont have a set schedule so ill have to know a few weeks ahead of time... It dont really have to be offical or anything. We can all gather at the camp grounds in Myers Landing, If you have a camper, come set it up. Drink beer, fry fish, light a campfire, listen to some good old country and rock. right on the mermentau river. Give the kids a headlight and a bicycle and they are good to go.

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
LMAO... you got it fool... Im all up for the little tournament thing and getting together and having a good time.. I think thats a great idea. The only problem is that i dont have a set schedule so ill have to know a few weeks ahead of time... It dont really have to be offical or anything. We can all gather at the camp grounds in Myers Landing, If you have a camper, come set it up. Drink beer, fry fish, light a campfire, listen to some good old country and rock. right on the mermentau river. Give the kids a headlight and a bicycle and they are good to go.

Dude only problem with that we are fisherman and we tend to tell lies, you forgot that, but that would be perfect

huntin fool
05-31-2009, 10:30 AM
LIES? me no i dont tell no lies!!

behonest with ya. i'll admit it, i can tell some lies...its just flows out my mouth sometimes lol!

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Dude only problem with that we are fisherman and we tend to tell lies, you forgot that, but that would be perfect

All my fishing stories are true!!!

"I speak not with a forked toungue"

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 10:36 AM
All my fishing stories are true!!!

"I speak not with a forked toungue"

Well I don't know if I can trust ya, a fisherman stretches the truth by 1lb. to 5lbs. And the numbers up to 6.
or atleast I do, yeah that's it

huntin fool
05-31-2009, 10:37 AM
my fishin stories are true. most of the times. ( if i catch fish, they are true)

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah we just joke about the lies I like sittimg around talking, fishing hunting frogging just outdoor stuff

huntin fool
05-31-2009, 11:49 AM
cat daddy- do catfish like shallow marsh water?

or do they like canals leading to marsh water?

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 12:06 PM

I find they hang out in both. Some get stuck in the marsh and decide to stay there.. The only bad thing is, the clear marsh water lets to much sunlight in and depletes the oxygen quickly. If i set nets in clear water, i have to check my nets within 2 days or they will be dead when i get there. I find they hang out in deeper, muddier canals that marsh water empties into. look for marsh leaking into a canal, where you can see the water mixing.. thats usually a good spot. 8 to 10 feet deep this time of year. (keep in mind that i been fishing south of gueydan for 20 years and my ideas are based on the fishing here) I would like to go meet you one afternoon and i could help you rig up some lines and experiment with cats in your aera. We could try several different baits, in different locations, different depths, stuff like that...

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 01:26 PM
Cat I'm heading down to Big Lake Thurs. or Friday to visit with Deadly D, and a few guys thier going to be at my Broth n laws camp if your in call me we'll run and meet some guys

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 01:38 PM
Cat I'm heading down to Big Lake Thurs. or Friday to visit with Deadly D, and a few guys thier going to be at my Broth n laws camp if your in call me we'll run and meet some guys

If im in from offshore, I sure will go with you..

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 01:56 PM
If im in from offshore, I sure will go with you..

Let me know

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Let me know

ill do it..

mechanix000
05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
im in for a lil tournament

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 06:19 PM
So there's three for sure

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 06:33 PM
MAN!!!!..... someone hit me on the back of the head while i was watching Spnge Bob Square Pants and i was knocked out on the couch for 3 hours. I would like to catch ppl doing some crap like that.. That makes me mad yea:pissed::pissed::pissed:

LittleRob
05-31-2009, 06:55 PM
MAN!!!!..... someone hit me on the back of the head while i was watching Spnge Bob Square Pants and i was knocked out on the couch for 3 hours. I would like to catch ppl doing some crap like that.. That makes me mad yea:pissed::pissed::pissed:

That happened to me right after lunch I cooked some wabbit sauce piquante( I guess that's how you spell that) They must have hit me hard cause I woke up and was confused for a while. I have a feeling they might hit me again tommorrow around the same time.
Oh and i asked my wife and she said that i could go to Big Lake if i finished my chores

mechanix000
05-31-2009, 08:02 PM

he dont know i'm the one you need to talk to fool LOL

mechanix000
05-31-2009, 08:04 PM
yea Myers Landing would be a good spot but i have to get a cabin ahead of time so give me a heads up

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
he dont know i'm the one you need to talk to fool LOL

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::shaking::shaki ng::shaking::shaking::shaking:

mechanix000
05-31-2009, 08:58 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::shaking::shaki ng::shaking::shaking::shaking:
well we gotta talk smack before the lil tournament

huntin fool
05-31-2009, 09:55 PM

ohh kinda like how you gunna get whoooped! :cool:

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 10:55 PM
ohh kinda like how you gunna get whoooped! :cool:

Tell him fool..... I know Marks spots. I know there aint big fish in them holes. Well, mabey a few, but all he is gonna catch is reds right there right now. Dont worry about Mark....... "I got dis".... lol

CatDaddy
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM

You talking smack to the CATDADDY?

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 06:27 AM
I'll be r3enting a cabin also, but ya'll just don't know my son has mad skills he even fishes in the swimming pool, he's got this.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 06:55 AM
I'll be r3enting a cabin also, but ya'll just don't know my son has mad skills he even fishes in the swimming pool, he's got this.

Tell the little man we cool an everything, but i got my eye on him during the "tournament"...lmao

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
If he stays awake ya'll in trouble and he's taller than W

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 09:19 AM
If he stays awake ya'll in trouble and he's taller than W

we need rules for the tournament

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
no one taller than W
Let's start kick rules around

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
IF he stays awake? thats a big chance?

we need rules for the tournament

May I suggest a few.... I have never fished a catfish tournament so i dont really know the regular rules..

we get to catch our own bait, we should get a day to prepair bait

launch at 6 one day and the tournament can be over at 6 the next day.

fish anywhere except for private locations.

no trailering allowed. Go as far as ya boat can take you.

keep no catfish small than 2 pounds (that way we will have something to fry after the tourney).

No getting mad at Catdaddy for winnng.

jugs, trots, limbs, and tightlining allowed.

if you leave your boat, your partner (if you have one) must stay with you.

no exchanging or buying information.

no potlicking catdaddy.

weigh in fish dead or alive.

If you keep fish smaller than 2 lbs, they cannot be weighed.

You can catch as many cats as you want, but can only weigh in yor 5 biggest.

Mark S. cant beat Catdaddy.

You can have as many poles in the boat.

No nets (hoops, cages, gills) allowed.. Only a cast net for bait.

must have a boat inspection before launch (but you cant look at catdaddys bait bucket) to make sure no one has pre-caught catfish.

Cant use game fish for bait. ex- bass, sacalait, trout, redfish.

Anything i missed?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Also you must have all safety equipment in the boat.

Fish at your own risk.

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 09:55 AM
May I suggest a few.... I have never fished a catfish tournament so i dont really know the regular rules..

we get to catch our own bait, we should get a day to prepair bait

fish anywhere except for private locations.

no trailering allowed. Go as far as ya boat can take you.

keep no catfish small than 2 pounds (that way we will have something to fry after the tourney).

No getting mad at Catdaddy for winnng.

if you leave your boat, your partner (if you have one) must stay with you.

no buying fish from the meat market. You may ask locals but cant buy from locals

no potlicking catdaddy.

weigh in fish dead or alive.

Mark S. cant beat Catdaddy.

No nets (hoops, cages, gills) allowed.. Only a cast net for bait, or rods (if using bream)

must have a boat inspection before launch (but you cant look at catdaddys bait bucket) to make sure no one has pre-caught catfish.

Cant use game fish for bait. ex- bass, sacalait, trout, redfish.

Anything i missed?

i fixed a few

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 10:07 AM
i fixed a few

Good catch... how could i forget about the bream poles.. Gotta have bream poles

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 10:10 AM
yup.i think though if we use jugs, we need to set a maximum number of jugs.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
yup.i think though if we use jugs, we need to set a maximum number of jugs.

50 sound ok?

And we can also drop equipment off on the banks and hide it.. (i do that often).. Like hide jugs, bait buckets..

also... No shooting deer. (i made that for MY own interest..lol)

Frogs are allowed in the boat for the after-supper or if you just want to keep them.

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 11:10 AM
This is looking up thanks guys now lets start kicking around dates, I mean I work 7 and 7 and my son is going to kick ya'lls butts

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 11:13 AM
This is looking up thanks guys now lets start kicking around dates, I mean I work 7 and 7 and my son is going to kick ya'lls butts

I work on call....so it will be tricky for me..

And tell "Littlier" Rob that its "on like a ham bone"

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I work on call....so it will be tricky for me..

And tell "Littlier" Rob that its "on like a ham bone"

bring it!!! catdaddy me and you a team?

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 12:14 PM
We gonna kick ya'lls buttocks with boots on.
Cat you still offshore??

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 12:16 PM
bring it!!! catdaddy me and you a team?

You got it toyota.....

Im a little to old to talk smack to "littlier Rob" so im going to need your help with that.... Ill tell you what to say, and you tell "littlier Rob"...ok?

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Cat you still offshore??

Yea... im out here for another several days i figure

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Cat you still offshore??

we see about dat..

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Well get in by Friday, so we can go mess with Fool

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Well get in by Friday, so we can go mess with Fool

little rob...you fishing the shootout?

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 12:25 PM
No didn't get a partner in time,and I don't know the lake that well, so I'm just going to meet ya'll at broth n laws camp, and talk smack

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 12:34 PM
okay lol.bring it i can roll with the big boys...how i was raised on Friday nights,no other kids so i stayed with the men..

mechanix000
06-01-2009, 12:53 PM
may i suggest a few.... I have never fished a catfish tournament so i dont really know the regular rules..

We get to catch our own bait, we should get a day to prepair bait

Fish anywhere except for private locations.

No trailering allowed. Go as far as ya boat can take you.

Keep no catfish small than 2 pounds (that way we will have something to fry after the tourney).

No getting mad at catdaddy for crying about scratching.

Jugs, trots, limbs, and tightlining allowed.

If you leave your boat, your partner (if you have one) must stay with you.

No exchanging or buying information.

No potlicking catdaddy.

Weigh in fish dead or alive.

Mark s. Will beat catdaddy.

No nets (hoops, cages, gills) allowed.. Only a cast net for bait.

Must have a boat inspection before launch (but you cant look at catdaddys bait bucket) to make sure no one has pre-caught catfish.

Cant use game fish for bait. Ex- bass, sacalait, trout, redfish.

Anything i missed?
i added a few revisions

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 12:55 PM
i added a few revisions
:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl::*****:: rotfl::*****:X10000000000

:p:pI know where marks fishing spots are, nener neener neener, He dont know where i cach all my big ones at, neener neener neener,:p:p:p

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Still gonna smoke ya

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Still gonna smoke ya

keep dreamin

romerodex
06-01-2009, 02:56 PM
yea that sounds like fun i think i might just have to show yall how its done!!

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 03:17 PM
My son will take the braggen rights from all ya'll

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 03:19 PM
My son will take the braggen rights from all ya'll

;)so you think...

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:40 PM
yea that sounds like fun i think i might just have to show yall how its done!!

Oh ohhhhhh DEX is here..... you might come in 3rd now.....
MY PREDICTION....

Me-first
dex-second
rob-third..

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 03:41 PM
GET YOU A TEAM DEX.....

And tell him to come to saltycajun

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
GET YOU A TEAM DEX.....

And tell him to come to saltycajun

Hell if ya'll that good or it's ya'll Gueydan guys against little Rob I gotcha now, I may need to get my other son also, cause we gonna smoke ya sorry, but thats how we Bergeaux's role:grinpimp:
I'll bring some tissues for ya'll tears
I'm going to open a post with our little tournament so others can see and join if they want, it'll do no good cause we gonna when all around
Let me know if ya'll want me too.

elebouef
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
lilrob you got a brother name Tony

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 06:03 PM

No sir I don't I only have a half brother

elebouef
06-01-2009, 06:09 PM
No sir I don't I only have a half brother

Ok, Tony was camping out at Gary's Landing a couple of years ago then he got a place of his own to go at.

mechanix000
06-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh ohhhhhh DEX is here..... you might come in 3rd now.....
MY PREDICTION....

Me-first
dex-second
rob-third..
get off the pipe baw you know better than that.I'm just bringing a house fly and a paperclip and still out fish you.and swim to my spot so imma just leave the boat home

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 07:48 PM
get off the pipe baw you know better than that.I'm just bringing a house fly and a paperclip and still out fish you.and swim to my spot so imma just leave the boat home

AWWWWWWWW S***... I heard it all now..

You know you scared...

You know what CATDADDY is capable of producing...

Hebert
06-01-2009, 08:06 PM

Ta-Tee?

Hebert
06-01-2009, 08:13 PM

damn you might as well throw in hoop nets and slat traps lol.....rod and reel only cat tournys are for the real catters :D

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
damn you might as well throw in hoop nets and slat traps lol.....rod and reel only cat tournys are for the real catters :D

it dont matter if we dont use nothing... ill beat mark up and take his house fly and paper clip, make some flourocarbon with my hair. and use a stick for a reel.. dont need no pole

Limbs and poles then!!!!

Hebert
06-01-2009, 08:36 PM
it dont matter if we dont use nothing... ill beat mark up and take his house fly and paper clip, make some flourocarbon with my hair. and use a stick for a reel.. dont need no pole

Limbs and poles then!!!!

lol Fook it..noodling only!!!:D

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
lol Fook it..noodling only!!!:D

With just ya left hand...

huntin fool
06-01-2009, 08:42 PM
yall can go grabbin down there...i stay my scronny butt in the boat :) and tightline

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 08:44 PM
yall can go grabbin down there...i stay my scronny butt in the boat :) and tightline

You gonna see some weird stuff with me fool

all i can say is bring a change of clothes.

romerodex
06-01-2009, 10:26 PM
i think i might have to get old jeffery beniot to be on my team lmao j/j,,, im trying to get me some people together but umm cat daddy i dont want u fallowing me to my spots !lol

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
i think i might have to get old jeffery beniot to be on my team lmao j/j,,, im trying to get me some people together but umm cat daddy i dont want u fallowing me to my spots !lol

Its you that better stay away from my spots....

LMAO@ Jeffery..

If you get Jeffery, Me and fool get Jacob T.

romerodex
06-01-2009, 10:43 PM
yea well i dont know were ur spots or u dont ever tell me!! i just know this jeff is my couz so to cath big fish is n my blood and dont tell anyone that hes my couz lmao

LittleRob
06-02-2009, 06:27 AM
Hebert you might need to come home to help me out here, not with the fishing but holding my little boy in the boat cause he's going to smoke some guys, hey I checked the rules and there wasn't one for shocking or dynomite abd it's to late to change them.. ROTFLMAO

CatDaddy
06-02-2009, 06:43 AM

I already know your spots..... Im going drop fish extractant in ya spots... Some "fish be gone"....

huntin fool
06-03-2009, 02:32 PM
okay, we got the rules now, all we need is a body of water and when!

CatDaddy
06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
okay, we got the rules now, all we need is a body of water and when!

We got the water.... we can launch from Lowry/Myers landing. Its on a RV campground. It Sits on the Mermentau river. If you follow it south you run into the intracoastal wich runs east and west for hundreds of miles. Your also on the top of grand lake, mallard bay, accessable to all of the other lakes like round lake, devils lake, lake lebleu, old intracoastal, Lacassine, Miami corp (permit entry with 25 horse power only). the only off-limits is the marsh cuts by The Lake Arther Club. Plus the campground has a nice big oak tree we can hang out under, or whoever has campers can pile up in a corall and party/cook/drink/lie/party, whatever.

All we have to do is figure out a date to fish. It will be kinda hard for me because i work on call... Yall figure out when everyone will be in, and ill try and scedule my work so I can try and be in...

Like I said in some other thread, This dont have to be a paying tournament, we can just get together and have a little fun..

LittleRob
06-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Talking smack is a must though are we bringing kids, bragging rights tournament is perfect, who ever wins gets to do whatever they want to Fools longhorn hat,,,,,

huntin fool
06-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Talking smack is a must though are we bringing kids, bragging rights tournament is perfect, who ever wins gets to do whatever they want to Fools longhorn hat,,,,,

rofl :*****::*****:

what if i dont have the longhorns hat by then?

LittleRob
06-03-2009, 05:34 PM
rofl :*****::*****:

what if i dont have the longhorns hat by then?

I thought I'd get a reply on that one, I can't waite this is going to be good clean fun.:bounce:

CatDaddy
06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
you can talk smack Fool..... you fishing with.......

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 05:34 AM
nuk nuk nuk nuk nuk...... I beat LittleRob up this morning....

He must be home today, or going home today...

mechanix000
06-04-2009, 07:32 AM
nuk nuk nuk nuk nuk...... I beat LittleRob up this morning....

He must be home today, or going home today...
we gotta have it just fishing poles BTW i went smoke em yesterday i found the cats and reds it'll be like taking candy from a baby

LSUh20fowler
06-04-2009, 07:34 AM
I beat both of ya'll up this morning. I gotta get up at 4:45 every morning. But I'm going home this morning, just waiting on the bird.

LittleRob
06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Ha I'm on the beach all ready.

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 08:15 AM
we gotta have it just fishing poles BTW i went smoke em yesterday i found the cats and reds it'll be like taking candy from a baby

Oh.... now you went prefish and want to change the rules to suit your discoveries huh?

Did you catch any over 40 lbs like i ALWAYS do? If we weigh in 5 fish you better hope you have more than 150 lbs of fish

I made the rules before I prefished...

You cheating!!!

MARK IS ALREADY DISQUALIFIED.

BTW..... did you meet up with any of my scouts?

LittleRob
06-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Prefish all ya'll want, my little man said he is so excited to catch a fish that ---------big. So it's in the bag for the Little's. Sorry to burst ya'lls bubbles

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Oh definatley..... Prefish all you want.......

To try and keep things fair, I will refrain from prefishing.

Any other handicaps that yall would like to ad to my list to make it fair?

mechanix000
06-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Oh definatley..... Prefish all you want.......

To try and keep things fair, I will refrain from prefishing.

Any other handicaps that yall would like to ad to my list to make it fair?
my big fish yesterday was 257lbs prolly a new state record LOL!!! Quit crying Meausis I brougt my boys fishing...I should just enter them in the tournament and stay at the landing to make it fair for you

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
my big fish yesterday was 257lbs prolly a new state record LOL!!! Quit crying Meausis I brougt my boys fishing...I should just enter them in the tournament and stay at the landing to make it fair for you

I throw those back....
I hope you didnt keep that little baby....LMAOOO:*****::rotfl::*****::rotfl:

Feesherman
06-04-2009, 02:16 PM
It's funny dat ya'll talkin about a catfish tourny. Earlier in March my cousin decided we would do the same thing and call it the first annual catfish classic. We fished the intracoastal round lake Missere. Anyway, it was just the two boats entered in the tourny, mine and his. LOL But, it was the first annual catfish classic and it was a good time. My cousins boat caught the most fish and my boat got the biggest fish so we all just got our money back!! LOL

I considering puttin on the first annual flounder pounder tourny this summer.

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
It's funny dat ya'll talkin about a catfish tourny. Earlier in March my cousin decided we would do the same thing and call it the first annual catfish classic. We fished the intracoastal round lake Missere. Anyway, it was just the two boats entered in the tourny, mine and his. LOL But, it was the first annual catfish classic and it was a good time. My cousins boat caught the most fish and my boat got the biggest fish so we all just got our money back!! LOL

I considering puttin on the first annual flounder pounder tourny this summer.

Im sure thats whats gonna happen here to. We just fishing for bragging rights and to have some fun. We probably gonna ll meet up and cook the meet and drink, whatever is left from not cooking can be taken home with whoever..

mechanix000
06-04-2009, 03:41 PM
Im sure thats whats gonna happen here to. We just fishing for bragging rights and to have some fun. We probably gonna ll meet up and cook the meet and drink, whatever is left from not cooking can be taken home with whoever..
We need to set a date Meauxsis I got all kinda guys that want in on this.How bout we take a portion of the money and buy the cooking oil, fish fry etc and then split the winnings with whats left. Let me know what u come up with IDK who's in charge of this but i nominate you LOL

LittleRob
06-04-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't see why ya'll are worried about the money that's going to go to my son's college fund, Seriously all we need now is a date and we can really figure alot the rules out before we leave in the morning, cause rule one is Bergeaux's win.

CatDaddy
06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't see why ya'll are worried about the money that's going to go to my son's college fund, Seriously all we need now is a date and we can really figure alot the rules out before we leave in the morning, cause rule one is Bergeaux's win.

When i know that ill be in for a few days, Ill set a date and then everyone can agree..

Just dont get mad at me after the tournament rob....lol..

LittleRob
06-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Hey I'm just driving the boat the Younger LittleRob's gonna do the fishing, I just have to make sure I don't get stabbed by a barb, get an ear ring I don't want, and that they don't flip the boat with River monsters.

LaAngler
06-18-2009, 11:26 PM
watching river monsters now, they got some mean catfish in the amazon....

Cajun Elite
06-18-2009, 11:46 PM
I want one of those camera things