PDA

View Full Version : Florida/ Destin help!

Big Kahunaz
08-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Fellas! I'm heading to SanDestin for labor day weekend and have rented an offshore fishing boat for 2 days. Has anyone ever fished the Destin area off the coast? Can anyone send me some coordinates via pm or what not for underwater structure w/ in 50 miles of the coast.....the nipple, timberholes etc. Anything would be helpful...thanks!:help:

longcast
08-29-2009, 10:41 AM
in june we went and the best luck fishing we used live bait .you can catch live bait on the outside of the pass.cant miss there will be tuns of boats.now understand this was my first trip by myself off shore.we trolled the live bait behind our boat running parrallel with the shore.we caught plenty of kings a nd spanish.hopre this helps a little.like i said i am new to offshore fishing.

Ray
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Florida Sportsman magazine website had some coordinates, but not sure if they still do.
Mostly sunken boats and man made reefs.
I cannot find them on there right now, but I do have them on my work computer.
I will post them when I get offshore.

Big Kahunaz
08-29-2009, 11:25 AM
Florida Sportsman magazine website had some coordinates, but not sure if they still do.
Mostly sunken boats and man made reefs.

These reefs don't have thuderstorms sitting over them ey? :spineyes:

Ray
08-29-2009, 11:37 AM
You are safe as long as I am in La.
But I don't work far from Fla. either. We get a lot of fishing boats from Fla. and Ala. come out to Ursa for tournaments.

Hopedale Hustler
08-29-2009, 11:59 AM
all ima say is destin is in general alot rougher than it is here...and if your interested in catching kingfish and extra small snapper its the place to go...but y waste money catching trash fish when you can do it here and catch tuna dolphin wahoo...and then catch aj's and big snapper..ima tell you like it is...the only fish that the florida sapts. are taking people to catch now are snapper...lesser jack...and king mackerals..all small...it kinda just goes to show how much far more dominatnt louisiana and texas is with our fisheries..

Hebert
08-29-2009, 06:41 PM
i'd save that money for a boat trip in LA. or some strippers while you here lol i live down the road from destin and the fishing around here sucks compared to LA....you will have to go out 50 miles to hit the big game...the spanish and kings are still running near shore though...

Big Kahunaz
08-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Sheez.....fellas...take a chill pill. I'm aware that we have better fishing here! But being that we're making the trip i figured why not rent a boat while we're there and do a little fishing, diving, tubing, wakeboarding, etc. Not going for the trip of a lifetime or World Records! My thoughts were if i was going to fish why not try and see if anyone knew a thing or two about the area! LOL

Hopedale Hustler
08-30-2009, 11:52 AM
Sheez.....fellas...take a chill pill. I'm aware that we have better fishing here! But being that we're making the trip i figured why not rent a boat while we're there and do a little fishing, diving, tubing, wakeboarding, etc. Not going for the trip of a lifetime or World Records! My thoughts were if i was going to fish why not try and see if anyone knew a thing or two about the area! LOL

lol..yaa bro..im just tryin to help ya pocket out...cause 1000 bucks to catch mackeral..that aint cool...but if you can get a boat and get in the back bay and look for grass beds....throw spoons or cocahoes..they got some nice trout there...

Hebert
08-30-2009, 12:33 PM
these are the 2 local forums...prob get more help on the pensacola one though...

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=15

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/fishingforum/

Hebert
08-30-2009, 06:51 PM
oh yea...go to half hitch tackle in destin and they sell a map with gps #'s to all the public structures...getting locals around here to give you good private #'s will be hard to do.

jpeff31787
08-31-2009, 08:49 AM
can't help you with coordinates but i went out there a couple weeks ago and had a blast catching small fish on sabiki rigs lol

Big Kahunaz
08-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Okies, thanks for the tid-bits! Just a quick get away for the short break plus the wife wants to dive and catch a few fish. If im traveling and there is water near.....you can bet your bottom that im gonna do anything i can to fish, whether it be a farm pond, a stream in the mountains, inshore or offshore.

huntin fool
09-02-2009, 04:25 PM
oh yea...go to half hitch tackle in destin and they sell a map with gps #'s to all the public structures...getting locals around here to give you good private #'s will be hard to do.

I saw that place when i was down there..looked like a decent lil shop?

Hebert
09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
yea it is..half hitch is the best tackle shop in panama city and destin.... http://www.halfhitch.com/

Big Kahunaz
09-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Thx. Leaving tomorrow.