PDA

View Full Version : New computer question?

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 11:57 AM
The wife and I have been needing a new computer for a while and were planning on buying one real soon. I am not the most technologically advanced person, so I like to do research before making this kinds of purchases. Well yesterday the wife was watching QVC and they had one of those DELL All-in-one's pop up. She just bought the dang thing without any consultation from me.

Question is, does anybody know or have experience with these all-in-one touchscreen computers? My bro-in-law said that the model that was on qvc was a couple generations back from the new ones. Just seems to me like the touch screens would break or somethin. We only use the computer for internet, photoshop, quickbooks, and my large music collection. No gaming or anything.

If anyone needs more info to help me out I can get it. Thanks.

BigChaf
01-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Talking with my co-workers, they recommend staying with the mouse, a lot more dependable, unless you are setting up a ATM machine, touch screens on the home user level can be very frustrating and not necessary, thats all I have to say about that.

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 01:03 PM
It comes with wireless mouse and keyboard. I dont know, the touch screen just seems scetchy.

mcjaredsandwich
01-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I can build one for cheaper than qvc offers. Let me know the price range and I can whip something together. Stick with conventional mouse and keyboard.

Keith_Stone
01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I fit is just an all in one monitor and PC and you can still use a moues and keyboard you should be fine. A lot of computers are moving to a more space saving design...

Keith_Stone
01-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I can build one for cheaper than qvc offers. Let me know the price range and I can whip something together. Stick with conventional mouse and keyboard.

think they already bought it.

mcjaredsandwich
01-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Didnt see that part where wife already purchased. Cory, thought your old lady was better than that!

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 01:20 PM
She did the same when we wanted a laptop, just showed up with one from Sam's.

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 01:22 PM
think they already bought it.
QVC has a very good return policy. Wife said she could cancel the order when she saw I was little ticked.

"W"
01-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Do it right...go to dell online and build your computer and they will ship right away

I just got a new desktop loaded with just about every program, needed and 1000 gig hard drive
24 inch screen

Cost me $1200 and I got a printer and scanner in that price also

BigChaf
01-30-2012, 01:42 PM
No further comment needed!!!!!!!

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 01:56 PM
This is the one here.....

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.CM_SCID.coll.item.E222210.desc.Dell-AllinOne-235Touchscreen-Intel-DualCore4GB-RAM500GBHD

Armand16
01-30-2012, 02:11 PM
can you take the monitor off the stand and use it like an ipad?? if so that would be sweet

Lake Chuck Duck
01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
can you take the monitor off the stand and use it like an ipad?? if so that would be sweet
hahaha I dont think so lol

Keith_Stone
01-30-2012, 04:15 PM
I dont know if you are interested or not but with the applications you are using have you thought about looking at an Apple IMAC all in one. Their operating system is far and away better than a PC based and for video, music, and photo editing they can not be beat. You can get a complete system for about the same price as that Dell..