PDA

View Full Version : Back at it.

capt hoop
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
After locking out a week so I could spend quality time with my brother it was time for me to get back to work. I hopped on the boat with Eddie Burger as his deck hand. We ran southeast looking for wahoo. Today was not a wahoo type of day. We did pick up a few blackfin tuna while trolling for hooters. As we continue we find a shrimp boat. A few more blackfin hit the deck. We hit the lumps and the kings and bonito are home to greet us. With a nasty storm threatening we start making our way towards home trolling a few more rigs on the way. We find a few more blackfin. On our last stop we jig up a limit of Amberjack and the last one in went back. We had a double which put us one over our limit so it was his lucky day. Our magic count was 14 blackfin and 4 amberjack.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/attachments/userpics/592/CAPT.HOOP-36422-004.JPG

In the Mississippi River, about 5 miles from the marina, we get hit with a wild storm with 40 mph winds gusting to 45 mph. It was not too bad for us but a lot of the guys got hit by it while still offshore.

Will attempt to run tomorrow but not the same type of trip. The forecast is for 25-30 mph winds all day out of the North.

Life is Good!

DUCKGOGETTER
02-11-2012, 01:07 PM
Hell yeah!!!!!!

Mako19
02-11-2012, 02:58 PM
That is a good catch!!! I will be on capt eddie's boat on march 17th. Hope to meet you then!

Keith_Stone
02-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Nice haul

capt hoop
02-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Mako19 I may be with him or on my own boat but I should be there. Hope you get good weather and a great trip.