PDA

View Full Version : New Boat Regulation

BossHog
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
So what yall think about this new boat law that everybody born after Jan. 1 has to take a boat safety class. If they gonna make somebody thats 25yrs old take it I think everybody should take it. I dont see how theres any difference in 25yrs or 50yrs cause most inexperience boaters I see are well over the age of 25. And I missed the deadline by 1 month and I hear I gotta take it even though Ive had a US coastguard licence for almost 8yrs and probably got more documented days on the water and a lot more experince than the instucter will have. If they gonna make a 25yr old take it then they should make everybody take it, cause the worst people on the water are rich older guys that buy 50,000$ boats and have no idea what they are doing with it.

"W"
09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
So what yall think about this new boat law that everybody born after Jan. 1 has to take a boat safety class. If they gonna make somebody thats 25yrs old take it I think everybody should take it. I dont see how theres any difference in 25yrs or 50yrs cause most inexperience boaters I see are well over the age of 25. And I missed the deadline by 1 month and I hear I gotta take it even though Ive had a US coastguard licence for almost 8yrs and probably got more documented days on the water and a lot more experince than the instucter will have. If they gonna make a 25yr old take it then they should make everybody take it, cause the worst people on the water are rich older guys that buy 50,000$ boats and have no idea what they are doing with it.

:amen:

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-09-2009, 10:03 AM
All I can say is trying to make money

LaAngler
09-09-2009, 10:09 AM
i feel the same way

i have more time in a boat than most of the game wardens and coasties probably do, missed the deadline by a month also.

when do we have to have it done by?

speck-chaser
09-09-2009, 10:12 AM
so, jan 1 of what year?

Raymond
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Everyone under 85 should have to take a safe boating course inorder to register their boat with WL&F. It should also be mandatory to carry a minimum of $100,000.00 of liability insurance on any boat with mechanical propulsion. If the GW's can check my license,fish, life jackets, ect. they can take the time to make sure the idiots that will eventually cause an accident can pay for their stupidity.:pissed:

BossHog
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Anybody after Jan.1 1984.....I heard you have to have by like june -july 2010

Gerald
09-09-2009, 02:02 PM

I only meet one of your criteria.....do I have to take the test?

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-09-2009, 02:12 PM
you have a 50,000 dollar boat?

speck-chaser
09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
well, if there is money involved from the courses, they will probably keep moving the date of birth back every year to eventuall catch everybody and their wallets

Ray
09-09-2009, 03:18 PM
The testing is easy. If you fail, you shouldn't be able to drive a car either.
It is one day, and if you take it at the L.C. Power Squadron, you get pizza
and cold drinks also.
I took the big course to bring my insurance down. I have a 28' Chris Craft
and a 19' Cobia. My Chris Craft insurance cost me around $450/year and
the Cobia cost me around $168/year, after the class. Both are full coverage
with $100K liability on each.
The class I took was like a couple hours each and was once a week for 4
or 5 weeks.
The one day class is a lot easier.

Ray
09-09-2009, 03:21 PM
well, if there is money involved from the courses, they will probably keep moving the date of birth back every year to eventuall catch everybody and their wallets

LDWF does not get money from the courses.

huntin fool
09-09-2009, 03:29 PM
The testing is easy. If you fail, you shouldn't be able to drive a car either.
It is one day, and if you take it at the L.C. Power Squadron, you get pizza
and cold drinks also.
I took the big course to bring my insurance down. I have a 28' Chris Craft
and a 19' Cobia. My Chris Craft insurance cost me around $450/year and
the Cobia cost me around $168/year, after the class. Both are full coverage
with $100K liability on each.
The class I took was like a couple hours each and was once a week for 4
or 5 weeks.
The one day class is a lot easier.

take it at home online :smokin:

Ray
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I took it for free. They told me all the answers then gave me the test.
That is why it is so easy.
Just have to take some time off to do it. But I am off work 2 weeks a
month already.

Deadly D
09-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I took it for free. They told me all the answers then gave me the test.
That is why it is so easy.
Just have to take some time off to do it. But I am off work 2 weeks a
month already.
Are you working now or you at home cause the weather isnt good for the next few days:*****:

Wag
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
I really think everyone should have to take it because there are a lot of people out there that don't have clue of what they are doing in a boat ......... I took it online, just takes a little time and effort.

Bluechip
09-09-2009, 06:47 PM
What is the website for the online coarse....

bigdog
09-09-2009, 07:10 PM
What is the website for the online coarse....

Here you go Blue,

http://www.boat-ed.com/la/index.htm

Bluechip
09-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Here you go Blue,

http://www.boat-ed.com/la/index.htm

Thanks, Big DOG....:D

chasin spotted tails
09-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I only meet one of your criteria.....do I have to take the test?
So....do the rich older guys catch more fish?? LOL great reply!!

jsmoke222000
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
The online course is really easy. FYI you can take the test & look @ the study guide @ the same time in another browser window to double check your answers. You have to pay for the test with a credit or debit card before you know if you passed or not.

Gerald
09-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't know if the Rich catch fish????

But this Old man don't do too bad.

Bluechip
09-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I don't know if the Rich catch fish????

But this Old man don't do too bad.

I think you could have fit one more in there....:eek: :grinpimp:

Ray
09-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Are you working now or you at home cause the weather isnt good for the next few days:*****:

WOrking till Tues.

Ray
09-10-2009, 07:39 AM
I think you could have fit one more in there....:eek: :grinpimp:

You could actually fit about 3 W-trout in there.

jpeff31787
09-10-2009, 09:12 AM

couldnt agree with you more man!! that sh*t pissed me off the other day when i read that.. I'm 22 years old and I've been putting the boat on the trailer since I was 5.. and just like you said its the rich guys who go out and buy not only $50,000 boats but the 150-200 thousand dollar boats. People will just go out and buy a 36ft boat with 3 mercs on the back and pretend like they know how to operate them... My cousin is a boat mechanic and he says that 90% of the ppl who own boats are dumb@$$es... might as well just make everyone go!

Ray
09-10-2009, 10:36 AM
There are people who take these tests and still cannot run a boat.
The tests does not make you a better boater.
It just tells the gov't that you know the rules.
Some people can ACE the test and still not have the slightest idea how to run a boat.
It just means that they test well.

2ndamendment
09-10-2009, 11:27 AM
There are people who take these tests and still cannot run a boat.
The tests does not make you a better boater.
It just tells the gov't that you know the rules.
Some people can ACE the test and still not have the slightest idea how to run a boat.
It just means that they test well.

This statement also applies to many who drive automobiles.

evis102
09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Its better than nothing. I think everyone should have to take a boating course before they can go out on the water.