PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow Morning

longsidelandry
09-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Who's all going make the opening morning teal hunt tomorrow morning? I'm waiting on a friend to call me back and let me know if there's a spot for me at his lease in Gueydan, hopefully there is...

Jordan
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
no teal this far north... or at least i havent seen any

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 10:49 AM
im going in the marsh, but the teal are in rice fields right now

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Not very many on the river...might go hit a spot just so i can have an excuse to go outside with the gun and waders....If i hear shooting tomorrow morning, i'll go Sunday morning FOR SURE....Thats how you potlick during hunting season ;)

Hopedale Hustler
09-11-2009, 10:50 AM
dude they are everyyy wheree back at home...i hate this

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
ill take the video camera with me HH and send you some footage if tha twill help lol

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM
ill take the video camera with me HH and send you some footage if tha twill help lol

I'll do the same HH but aint gunna be much shooting :cry: Unless some Greenwings made it down...but i doubt it

Hopedale Hustler
09-11-2009, 10:53 AM

dont agree with that..they in chalmette all over right now..also the prarie in manchac...and also in biloxi marsh..ive seen alot of birds in the past couple weeks..now im 100 miles from hunting

Hopedale Hustler
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM

lol..i brought about 10 duck commander and fallin skies videos..i hope yall can match them.

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
in SWLA they are in the rice fields

Hopedale Hustler
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
oo yaa duh..lol we dont have rice fields..haha..so where you gonna hunt in the marsh over there?

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
got a lease in little cheinere

as soon as bottomoftheboot gets off work we are heading out tonight

Finfeatherfur
09-11-2009, 11:03 AM

I'm going in the rice fields, but the teal are in the marsh!

Hopedale Hustler
09-11-2009, 11:04 AM
lol yall are confusing..

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 11:05 AM
im just saying what i been seeing and hearing

callmaker
09-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Tomorrow the teals will be in my black iorn pot thats where they will be .

BossHog
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
im just saying what i been seeing and hearing
Trust me there in the marsh just depends which marsh your in.....and yeah there always gonna be in the rice fields thats a given....even if you dont see them in the marsh it all changes opening morning

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
oh we have ducks in our marsh, from what i hear one of the few in little chenier. i expect to get some shooting tomorrow

Ray
09-11-2009, 01:40 PM
The teal go south into lower Cameron Parish early in the mornings. The more hunting there is in the northern part of the parish, the more teal head south.
Be aware that there are a lot of wood ducks in Little Chenier too. I know of a few guys who got popped for them every year on opening day.
When I hunted in Cameron, we had teal every day, but you don't see them along the roads like you do during the regular duck season. That is when they are really thick down there.

Feesherman
09-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Not very many on the river...might go hit a spot just so i can have an excuse to go outside with the gun and waders....If i hear shooting tomorrow morning, i'll go Sunday morning FOR SURE....Thats how you potlick during hunting season ;)

That's called boom scouting!

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 01:50 PM
Trust me there in the marsh just depends which marsh your in.....and yeah there always gonna be in the rice fields thats a given....even if you dont see them in the marsh it all changes opening morning

You tink they will be a in a saltwater marsh? :rolleyes:

Ray
09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Yep. I hunted in saltwater for 25 years with fantastic luck. Since they put the weirs in, it is sometimes brackish. But you still have to oil your gun every day or it will rust before lunch time.
Teal, specially Greenwing Teal have no issues with saltwater.

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Yep. I hunted in saltwater for 25 years with fantastic luck. Since they put the weirs in, it is sometimes brackish. But you still have to oil your gun every day or it will rust before lunch time.
Teal, specially Greenwing Teal have no issues with saltwater.

this is different...i would be north or lake charles hunting in a marsh..:work:

Ray
09-11-2009, 01:57 PM
It won't hurt any. Just hunt shallow water. They don't go for deep water much. The shallower the water is, the better the hunting will be.

BossHog
09-11-2009, 02:10 PM
You tink they will be a in a saltwater marsh? :rolleyes:
Fool it just depends where you are at, im lucky and have 30-40 of some of the best different blinds, fields or marsh i can hunt all season and its the same everyyear during teal season which ones will have them......and yes they will get in a saltwater marsh, go sit in westcove and u will see hundreds right now flying around and lighting in the marsh around there....but yeah its a given your rice fields always gonna be better opening weekend....now that marsh by where you live i dont know about that

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Fool it just depends where you are at, im lucky and have 30-40 of some of the best different blinds, fields or marsh i can hunt all season and its the same everyyear during teal season which ones will have them......and yes they will get in a saltwater marsh, go sit in westcove and u will see hundreds right now flying around and lighting in the marsh around there....but yeah its a given your rice fields always gonna be better opening weekend....now that marsh by where you live i dont know about that

Not the lil burns :eek: hunt that you outlawin :D

nah i can't hunt that...up my the barrier.....i have a marsh...dont know if it would be good or not..

2ndamendment
09-11-2009, 02:23 PM

I know the person who owns the lil burns. If caught you will here the sound of cuffs being applied.

huntin fool
09-11-2009, 02:26 PM

I know the person who owns the lil burns. If caught you will here the sound of cuffs being applied.

:D I know exactly who your talking about..:rolleyes: i could say a few things but i wont...He doesn't OWN the part behind my house (thank the lord) actually he doesn't own 500 acres of the burns. But i still cant hunt it :cry: somebody (another person i wont talk about) leases the 500...

Sorry for the thread Hijack

quackills
09-11-2009, 02:30 PM
where do you hunt in little chenier yak. ihave a lease about 2 miles from water tower. heard there were alot of teal there

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-11-2009, 04:00 PM
we have a lease where the black top ends on the north side of little chenier road

ripinlips
09-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I will be there tommorow in a rice field trying to shot at least one...this morning while scouting I had at least two would be shooters...we will see.