PDA

View Full Version : How many guys work in the oilfield??

LittleRob
05-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Wondering how many oilfield hands are on here???

LittleRob
05-15-2009, 08:22 PM
Mainly because I like to fish during the week and not everybody gets 7 to 14 to 28 days off, like oilfield hands do and i'm always looking for a reason to take my boat out, my weekends are for the kids during school.

Big_Country
05-15-2009, 08:31 PM
Im in the same boat ...Rob. I try to take my kids as much as I can... Kids that hunt and fish dont steal and deal....

LittleRob
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
I agree whole heartedly I learned something as a child fishing with my grandfather how to appreciate the outdoors, isn't that the best place to relax, watch the kids get excited when the cork go under or the rod tip bends. Great now I'm missing my kids even more.

"W"
05-15-2009, 08:38 PM
Wondering how many oilfield hands are on here???

Rob...
If you consider my job work I GUESS IM IN……(IT is Oilfield)

LittleRob
05-15-2009, 08:42 PM
There are alot of different jobs in the oilfield I mean if you leave your family for days at a time to go work in the oilfield is what I'm getting at, and you you sleep most of the time so you fit right in.

Salty
05-15-2009, 08:50 PM
W's at work right now.....doin' what he does best. :)

"W"
05-15-2009, 08:54 PM
W's at work right now.....doin' what he does best. :)

whats that salty????:shaking:

Big_Country
05-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Im still at work too....crewchange is thursday...sux... I talked to my lil boy and he reminded that we are fishing fri,sat, and sun. toledo bend bomber junior!!!

Salty
05-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Poundin' the 'puter....what else?

LaAngler
05-16-2009, 12:55 AM
office hand here

Suthrngntlmn
05-16-2009, 06:04 AM
7 & 7 Oilfield service company Dispatcher here.

LittleRob
05-16-2009, 06:13 AM
I work production I crew change on Wed. just looking forward to seeing the kids anyone wanting to go fishing let me know. I live in Jennings, La.

CatDaddy
05-16-2009, 07:06 PM
Subsea Production Operator here... Im all over the dern place living out of a bag..

tsharp
05-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Port Captain from Fourchon to Sabine Pass

LSUh20fowler
05-17-2009, 06:13 AM
Production operator in the West Cameron field for Apache. It pays the bills. Got 14 yrs out here in the Gulf.

Marshrat
05-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Worked in the oilfield for 19 years and got laid off last month. I have started back in an old family business of commercial fishing.

Warren

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 09:29 AM
i pull a 5/2 here..if anyone wants to go fishing....

go to school 5 days off 2 days :)

slick143
05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
:smokin::smokin:Oilfield hand here

Trent Buxton
05-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey ROB you know I work in the oil field I was in WC with ya for a little while. Im living the good life at Gibbstown now.

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 12:34 PM
7 & 7 At SMI 268A... Apache....3yrs production....4 yrs trippin' pipe...life is good!!!

Marshrat
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
7 & 7 At SMI 268A... Apache....3yrs production....4 yrs trippin' pipe...life is good!!!

I worked that field when it was Anadarko in about 2002 give or take.

Warren

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Still the same old junk!!! Naw they're actually reworking alot of the Charlie wells and P&A'ing all the wells at 268 and some at Echo p\f... it aint too bad... could be worse.. where are you now

Josh

Marshrat
05-17-2009, 01:51 PM
I am currently fishing commercially. I was laid off at the beginning of April and have not had any calls on the resumes' I have sent out.

Is Luke David and Jason Vellion still out there? I was working "H" platform when it was brought on line.

Warren

LittleRob
05-17-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey ROB you know I work in the oil field I was in WC with ya for a little while. Im living the good life at Gibbstown now.

Hey Trent,
I work for Chevron Production, and it's time to go home, I need some fish scales, slime, and guts. I haven't touched my boat or fishing poles in 2 hitches. My wife has her version of honey do's, called you better and my boys have T-Ball, Soccer, and Sleep overs, so I've been bowed up lately.
Enjoy the sight it's addicting.

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Yeah Luke is still here.. he's on the B crew at home right now... H is sanded up so bad it ain't funny!!! We're waiting on engineers before they do any work on it. did you now Craig Aaron?

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I am currently fishing commercially. I was laid off at the beginning of April and have not had any calls on the resumes' I have sent out.

Is Luke David and Jason Vellion still out there? I was working "H" platform when it was brought on line.

Warren
Yeah Luke is still here.. he's on the B crew at home right now... H is sanded up so bad it ain't funny!!! We're waiting on engineers before they do any work on it. did you now Craig Aaron?

Marshrat
05-17-2009, 03:10 PM

Don't know Craig.

When I was there "H" was the king of the field. If I remember right we were producing about 50 million, but I may be wrong that was a long time ago.

Warren

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Nope your right on the money!!! Those were some beast of a wells.... it sucked when it went down cuz those living quaters were the best place to nap on theose hot days,,,lol

Marshrat
05-17-2009, 03:22 PM
When I was there, we lived on "H". It was nice to be away from the rat race at "A".

Warren

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Any of yall ever work for "browning drilling company" ?

cordgrass
05-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I work 5/2 with the land department for COP.

Cajuncoin
05-17-2009, 08:59 PM
First Post, retired after 30 yrs with a major, now a Compliance hand, just look, write and fix.

ScubaRu
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM

Lickin' sweaty, Texas, Sack Beotch!

LittleRob
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only Oil Field trash here, I hope I don't affend anyone with that, I've been offshore for 14yrs, I've work for them all, Island,Grasso,PMI,Greystar,C&D, and ended up going to work for Chevron. The best thing and the worste thing about working out here is leaving home, but on the flip side I get the time off, I spend most of it with my kids and wife, but I do take time for me. I go in Wed. 20...... So if anyone wants to fish let me know I live in Jennings.

live to fish
05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Been in the oilfield over 20 years. Started out on drilling rigs and now I work for Smith Int. running tools.

Big_Country
05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Been in the oilfield over 20 years. Started out on drilling rigs and now I work for Smith Int. running tools.

you haven't by chance come to smi 268a recently...have you. doing work with superior p&a?

Fontenot
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Rob...
If you consider my job work I GUESS IM IN……(IT is Oilfield)
For sure....he dont work...:help:

live to fish
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
you haven't by chance come to smi 268a recently...have you. doing work with superior p&a?

I was in SMI 251, working for McMoran on the Rowan Mississippi about two weeks ago.

Big_Country
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
:smokin:For sure....he dont work...:help:

wow look who decided to show up!!!! make it to the gill net yet?

matt wahl
05-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I pull 6 on 3 off , I sit on barges all day fishing.( DOLP ...did I say that, noone uscg huh?)

teampsycho
05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
:)

killa k
05-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I pull 6 on 3 off , I sit on barges all day fishing.( DOLP ...did I say that, noone uscg huh?)

no but I go to chuch with one of your co's.:work::rotfl:

Red Devil
05-22-2009, 10:02 PM
For sure....he dont work...:help:
You neither Fontenot.LOL

Red Devil
05-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Been runnin loops for Island for 14 yrs. Ahhhhh the life.:cry::cry::cry:

duckman444
05-23-2009, 12:43 AM
i work in the oilfield industry on land for turner industries. i am a extractor operator. i pull and push heat exchanger bundles for a living. i travel all around and stay in the feild going from plant to plant. pays good long hours

whistlingwings
05-30-2009, 06:47 AM
Operator for BHP Billiton 14-14

Bigrat
05-30-2009, 07:19 AM
I work 5 & 2 here also. Worked 14 & 7 for 15 years. I miss those mid week fishing trips!

Inside sales for offshore cranes

LittleRob
05-30-2009, 07:40 AM
I think that's why I stayed, the moneys great, but I love fishing and hunting during the week. Shoot just time off to lay around play with the kids and get on my wifes nerves.

swamp snorkler
05-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Operator for BHP Billiton 14-14
What BHP rig you on. I worked extensively on a BHP platform that was built at Gulf Island in Houma. I think it is called the NEptune and if I am not mistaken it is a Floater.

whistlingwings
05-30-2009, 06:37 PM
What BHP rig you on. I worked extensively on a BHP platform that was built at Gulf Island in Houma. I think it is called the NEptune and if I am not mistaken it is a Floater.

Yep that's it. I was in the yard with it for about 6 months before it went offshore.

swamp snorkler
05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Yep that's it. I was in the yard with it for about 6 months before it went offshore.
That was the second worst load out I have ever done. Herema put it in place and they are a bunch of jacka55e5. They over engineer everything.

whistlingwings
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
That was the second worst load out I have ever done. Herema put it in place and they are a bunch of jacka55e5. They over engineer everything.

Yeah, the whole project's been an experience

bay_slayer
06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I work offshore as an Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Supervisor. And make myself sick thinking about fishing while I'm offshore.

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 06:00 AM
I work offshore as an Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Supervisor. And make myself sick thinking about fishing while I'm offshore.

You offshore now Bay? Im Out here doing a job that has a ROV involved. Just checking if you werent on that DMT Emerald for Oceanering.

bay_slayer
06-01-2009, 01:05 PM
You offshore now Bay? Im Out here doing a job that has a ROV involved. Just checking if you werent on that DMT Emerald for Oceanering.

No I'm home now. But should be going offshore in the next few days. I'll be doing some recovery work for Rowan Industies. They lost a few Jack Ups during the last hurricane season.

Fontenot
06-01-2009, 01:26 PM
:smokin:

wow look who decided to show up!!!! make it to the gill net yet?
Not yet

Fontenot
06-01-2009, 01:27 PM
You neither Fontenot.LOL
Ok now

CatDaddy
06-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Ok now

Fontentot, im out here busting my hind end trying to make a living, and doing a great job for Island, and all you got to do is play on the darn computer?... Boy I swear......lol...

Im telling Beth and Nikki on you

LittleRob
06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
No I'm home now. But should be going offshore in the next few days. I'll be doing some recovery work for Rowan Industies. They lost a few Jack Ups during the last hurricane season.
So BaySlayer you play with an expensive video game, some people have all the luck.

bay_slayer
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
So BaySlayer you play with an expensive video game, some people have all the luck.

Somebodys gotta do it!! lol And you know I never liked video games as a kid. I never even owned one. I stayed fishing in the bayou and playing outside my whole childhood.

Spot-Remover
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Production Operator also but on land for BP

bay_slayer
06-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Well guys I will be going offshore tomorrow so no more fishing for a while...........but the good news is I will have internet and will be able to keep up with this site!! I probably wont get back until August.:cry::cry::cry:

Cajun Elite
06-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Mud engineer 14 and 14, i love having half the year off. But not much work lately

Finfeatherfur
06-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Working as consultant in oilfield. Currently have office job in Laf, little travel every now and then. Home every night, off every weekend - for now, but subject to change!

Ray
07-08-2009, 05:23 AM
I am a Control Room Operator/Ballast Control Operator on Ursa(MC-809A). Work 14/14 schedule.

geoleo
07-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I have met several of you guys, I am currently in production, our area consist of South Marsh and Eugene Island. I have 25 years with MMS.
When I work with people I always ask if they fish! And where are they from? I have made alot of friends out there in the oil field. Look forward to meeting many more of you guys, and talking about fishing!

jpeff31787
07-09-2009, 09:00 AM

you wouldn't happen to have anything to do with Oceaneering in Morgan City, would you? We do the Dimensional Control for them sometimes

Capt. Ryan Rachunek
07-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Petroleum Landman..... Handle mineral leasing and surface negotiations for several clients.....

bay_slayer
07-09-2009, 06:24 PM
you wouldn't happen to have anything to do with Oceaneering in Morgan City, would you? We do the Dimensional Control for them sometimes

Yeah I work out of the Morgan City office. I'm offshore right now on BISSO barge In Vermillion block 201, doing some salvage work for rowan marine. At least they let us fish off of here.......all the fish you could want!!

FlatoutFishin
07-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Worked 91-98 for Schlumberger Dowell, mainly out of Morgan City/Berwick for Texaco and then Ocean Energy out of Venice. Then got into the production end via Greystar(cheap bastards)before landing a gig with Valero Refinery, as an operator, here in Houston for the last 10 years.

Had some good times in South La....especially on those hurricane evacuations! :D Rotating or shiftwork schedule is the only way to go.

Big_Country
07-11-2009, 04:11 AM
Worked 91-98 for Schlumberger Dowell, mainly out of Morgan City/Berwick for Texaco and then Ocean Energy out of Venice. Then got into the production end via Greystar(cheap bastards)before landing a gig with Valero Refinery, as an operator, here in Houston for the last 10 years.

Had some good times in South La....especially on those hurricane evacuations! :D Rotating or shiftwork schedule is the only way to go.

I've been trying to get in the plants as an operator my-self!! I worked turnarounds for 3yrs before getting in production! I worked for grasso, greystar ( in Garden City for Conoco) under Barry Holley... (damn right they're cheap!). I now work for Island on the Apache contract... its not that bad! If you here of any openings in the plants to hesitate to let me know.... I have friends who work for Oxy-chem in Deer Park and a couple of guys that work in Shell but they're all froze when it comes to hiring right now.... The wife wants me off the water and home every night... I wouldn't complain!!!

FlatoutFishin
07-11-2009, 04:24 AM
I've been trying to get in the plants as an operator my-self!! I worked turnarounds for 3yrs before getting in production! I worked for grasso, greystar ( in Garden City for Conoco) under Barry Holley... (damn right they're cheap!). I now work for Island on the Apache contract... its not that bad! If you here of any openings in the plants to hesitate to let me know.... I have friends who work for Oxy-chem in Deer Park and a couple of guys that work in Shell but they're all froze when it comes to hiring right now.... The wife wants me off the water and home every night... I wouldn't complain!!!

I'll keep my ears open, but its tough right now. I know BP in Texas City hires a lot...I'd get a resume and app to them ASAP. Don't believe all the hype about how bad it is there either...I have friends that left Valero for there, and are glad they did.
You won't be going wrong getting off the water. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but theres something about being able to just get away, maybe drink a beer or 10, see the family, not have to hang out with a buncha guys for 14 that I prefer....not to mention the pays a little better. :grinpimp:

Ray
07-11-2009, 05:28 AM
Shell Deer Park refinery laid off 200 staff a couple weeks ago, by performance, not seniority.
They have not hit the hourly yet, but they did shut down the solvents plant and
about half of the chemical plant. They think that in the next year or so, they will
lose enough thru retirement and transfers that they may not hit the hourly guys.

"W"
07-11-2009, 08:13 AM
I'll keep my ears open, but its tough right now. I know BP in Texas City hires a lot...I'd get a resume and app to them ASAP. Don't believe all the hype about how bad it is there either...I have friends that left Valero for there, and are glad they did.
You won't be going wrong getting off the water. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but theres something about being able to just get away, maybe drink a beer or 10, see the family, not have to hang out with a buncha guys for 14 that I prefer....not to mention the pays a little better. :grinpimp:

I was offered a job in Texas City for BP about two years ago.....Only reason I turned it down was becasue I had to move 45mins from plant.....

FlatoutFishin
07-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I was offered a job in Texas City for BP about two years ago.....Only reason I turned it down was becasue I had to move 45mins from plant.....

Huh...45 minutes ain't ****, but why?

FlatoutFishin
07-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Shell Deer Park refinery laid off 200 staff a couple weeks ago, by performance, not seniority.
They have not hit the hourly yet, but they did shut down the solvents plant and
about half of the chemical plant. They think that in the next year or so, they will
lose enough thru retirement and transfers that they may not hit the hourly guys.

Got a friend that works there and he said the same thing. I know there's a lot of upper management/ office types here that could go and probably not be missed. Right now they've just about tapped the poor azz hourly operations/maintenance guy as much as possible. They've cut all OT, screwed our vacation schedule to hell, and doubled our duties thru cross training.....but hey, at least I have a job.
I'll guess I'll just ride the Obama wave into the ****ter with everybody else!

On another note...we had a meeting with management and they painted a bleak future for refining in America for the next 5 years or so. They said possibly half of the refinerie's in America will be closed due to legislation that makes it unprofitible to stay up and running. I don't know if thats just a scare tactic by UM, guess we'll wait and see.

"W"
07-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Huh...45 minutes ain't ****, but why?

The job I was offered was on the Pipeline and you have to live 45mins from plant(office) to get hired!!! The money was no better than my job now and same sked?

FlatoutFishin
07-11-2009, 06:12 PM
The job I was offered was on the Pipeline and you have to live 45mins from plant(office) to get hired!!! The money was no better than my job now and same sked?

Gotcha

Big_Country
07-11-2009, 10:56 PM

Yep thats what Im lookin fer!!! but I imagine I'm going to have to wait it out until everything gets a bit more settled.... But thanks for the heads up!!! Ill send'em my resume and see where it goes!:work:

hankscke123
08-30-2009, 05:27 PM
production foreman for century ss-154 field.i luv 7and 7 dont know how to do anything else but hunt and fish.i go overboard some times try to at least 5days when im in.

T-BAZ
08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Toolpusher for BIG E DRILLING CO. Been wit em for 15 years drilling holes all over Texas and Louisiana.