PDA

View Full Version : Finally got some jewelery!

Goose
09-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Finally after many, many years in the blind I finally got a band of my own! Couldn't have been happier because it was just my brother and me there to share it. He is the one that has always brought me when I was younger and we still share our love for hunting and fishing together!!! He was just as excited as I was! A big thunderstorm (Lighting as well) ran us out of our blind early so we only ended up with 4, but it was a lot slower action then opening morning...Forgot to take pics of opening morning but ended up with our limit for 4 people...Head shot on banded blue wing.....

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-14-2009, 09:48 PM
nice band man, i killed my first one last year

"W"
09-14-2009, 09:48 PM
Like that head shot!!!!

H2OFwlKlr
09-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Congradulations Goose!

I Still don't have any "jewelry", been hunting about 10 years longer than you!

Good thing you didn't shoot it in the foot, no jewelry!

Hopedale Hustler
09-14-2009, 10:09 PM
congrats dood..when u get ya first band..they seem to start coming easy..i shot mah first band..wood duck...3 seasons ago...since then ive shot 6..and 2 of em were in the same week in stuttgart arkansas..

BossHog
09-14-2009, 10:15 PM
congrats dood..when u get ya first band..they seem to start coming easy..i shot mah first band..wood duck...3 seasons ago...since then ive shot 6..and 2 of em were in the same week in stuttgart arkansas..
Man u right after you kill that first band it seems they do come easier. After you kill the first one its not if you killed one that year but how many.

Hopedale Hustler
09-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Man u right after you kill that first band it seems they do come easier. After you kill the first one its not if you killed one that year but how many.

lol it sure does seem that way..so far i got 3 in louisiana and 3 in arkansas...3 mallards in 2 years in arkansas...and 1 wood duck..one cinnamon teal and one blue wing teal here in La..

BossHog
09-14-2009, 10:24 PM
My first band was actually a woodduck I shot when I was about 8yrs old in the canal behind my house with a pellet gun. I got lucky and got a early start on the jewelry.

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
My first band was actually a woodduck I shot when I was about 8yrs old in the canal behind my house with a pellet gun. I got lucky and got a early start on the jewelry.

haha thats awesome, ive shot a few with a pellet gun none with bands

Hopedale Hustler
09-14-2009, 10:29 PM
ok im not supposed to tell anybody this..but i know a person who shot a mexican whistler the other day in a drainage canal..and it was banded....so he killed the other one since it was a pair..and it was banded too...hahaha...and then he ate them..is that some sorry azz luck or what..

yak'em-n-stack'em
09-14-2009, 10:30 PM
hahahahah thats awesome

give us some coordinates so i can pot lick

Hopedale Hustler
09-14-2009, 10:33 PM
well it was acctually next to the missippi river in reserve la..he was at work..its a real small canal that runs behind the levee...he said he was outside bored and saw them...

CatDaddy
09-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Awesome dude.... Nice....