PDA

View Full Version : My "addiction" continues!

Finfeatherfur
09-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Well, this morning made day #4 of the 2009 teal season. I had good friends Josh Credeur and Randy Angelle with me this morning for a hunt south of Kaplan on a hunt I threw together at the last minute since onee of my vendors was not using his spot. We met in Kaplan @ the Gulfway, grabbed our stuff and headed south past Suire's. Arrived to find a nice little tight pothole in the rice stuble w/ about 6" of water. The hole was a little smaller than I normally like, but it was apparently perfect for the teal!

Josh brought his young lab named Millie and she got her first taste of duck hunting. The birds came in in large groups, and in a matter of minutes it was over. Specifically, at 6:36 I counted birds and told them we needed 2 more and at 6:37 I was telling them to stop shooting as I saw 2 more fall from a folley of shots. It was that quick! We really only shot 3 or 4 groups of birds for the limit.

Millie did well and after watching my young dog the last 3 days it was nice to see somebody else's dog doing the same thing. Enjoyed the hunt guys, can't wait to do it again! Today makes the teal count at 72 so far. Will give them a break this weekend while I go shoot doves in south Texas!

Jordan
09-15-2009, 08:58 AM
nice pic and awesome post

Deadly D
09-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Good hunt we also had our limit this morning but it wasnt as quickas ya's. We were done at 6:45 with 8 and 5 of them were green wings.

Finfeatherfur
09-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Good hunt we also had our limit this morning but it wasnt as quickas ya's. We were done at 6:45 with 8 and 5 of them were green wings.

Wow- Greenies this early! I kill a lot of teal every September since I am fortunate enough to do it with customers. I think I have only had 1 or 2 greenines in the last 4-5 years of the early teal season.

Deadly D
09-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Wow- Greenies this early! I kill a lot of teal every September since I am fortunate enough to do it with customers. I think I have only had 1 or 2 greenines in the last 4-5 years of the early teal season.
we had one flock come through with about 20 birds and thats what we got

Josh C
09-15-2009, 10:27 AM
FFF, Thanks for the hunt. We really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing it again soon!!

:)

Hopedale Hustler
09-15-2009, 11:33 AM
man you killin me out here fin....good hunts man

Finfeatherfur
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
man you killin me out here fin....good hunts man

LOL! - Unless you grow feathers and paint some blue stripes on them, your safe! It has been a good year for me so far, knock on wood. I just hope the drought of south Texas doesn't ruin the bird hunting for us this year. We look forward to that and it sounds like they have had a ruff time. May not get to shoot as much as we usually do, but hopefully we can at least get some action to keep it interesting.

Finfeatherfur
09-15-2009, 11:53 AM
FFF, Thanks for the hunt. We really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing it again soon!!

:)

You bet!

Ray
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM
He did "Da Squat"...

speckdaddy
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
LOL! - Unless you grow feathers and paint some blue stripes on them, your safe! It has been a good year for me so far, knock on wood. I just hope the drought of south Texas doesn't ruin the bird hunting for us this year. We look forward to that and it sounds like they have had a ruff time. May not get to shoot as much as we usually do, but hopefully we can at least get some action to keep it interesting.
i was a t gulfway headin to work at the marina. i wish i woulda saw yall. if ya by the marina sum time, stop by a nd say hi

yellalilyslicker
09-18-2009, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFmZJ6ZpfI

Is that the original Randy P. Angelle " MY LAWYER" you huntin with?:*****::*****::*****:

Hebert
09-18-2009, 10:26 PM
nice hunt!

"dats right...a triple A battree fell on mah big toe!" lol

i laugh every time i see that video..never fails...

CatDaddy
09-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Josh credeur huh? I know Josh! nice hunt... Tell him i said hello, (i guide at White Lake)

Dink
09-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Bryan.....That you?? WOW!!......the camera must take off............what......20 yrs and bout 75 lb???

Finfeatherfur
09-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Bryan.....That you?? WOW!!......the camera must take off............what......20 yrs and bout 75 lb???

No Dink, I was the guy taking the pic! I still got that 75 lbs! You SOB!

Finfeatherfur
09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Josh credeur huh? I know Josh! nice hunt... Tell him i said hello, (i guide at White Lake)

I'll tell him, I saw a pic you posted not long ago with some ducks on the deck of a boat. I said to myself, that has got to be a mud boat from White Lake, that green paint sticks out!

Finfeatherfur
09-20-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGFmZJ6ZpfI

Is that the original Randy P. Angelle " MY LAWYER" you huntin with?:*****::*****::*****:

That's some funny crap right there!, But a different Randy Angelle!

Josh C
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey Catdaddy, I do believe the hat I'm wearing in the pic is one from White Lake. I was looking through some pics from years past and came across one from when you and I hunted one morning, I'm sure going to miss those hunts. Boss man said no to the hunts this year. With the oil field slow this year and the state going up another 5K for the hunt, we had to stay out this time.

Good ole LA politics, when the economy goes into a recession, they go up on the price of the hunts and then they can't sell them!! I had Wayne e-mailing me for weeks trying to sell the last few hunts.

Dink
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Bryan.......I'm just yankin your chain........Let me know when your done w/ camp work so we can get togeather and have some beers...........On me of course, I owe ya for thems fish!!!