PDA

View Full Version : IPHONE 4s help!

huntin fool
05-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Ok, Update popped uo, IOS. Agrreed. Iphone froze. Follow Apple's instructions, and now at a screen saying "connect to itunes". Here's my dilema. My contacts are not backed up, and the option says restore. IS there an option before restoring to back my contacts up?? HELP! :confused:

wtretrievers
05-07-2012, 10:23 PM
Same happened to a friend of just the other day. He got it back, but don't know what he did. So there is hope!!

speck-chaser
05-07-2012, 10:30 PM
back your stuff up to the icloud. I had alot of probelms in the past backing up to itunes. Lost all my contacts at one point. Been using the cloud ,and everything is much simpler now.

PUREBAY2200
05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Take it to the apple store.
They may b able to help.

I had 3 phones do that... Ended up replacing them

Dink
05-07-2012, 11:32 PM
DROID!!

Just sayin

scott craft
05-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Ok, Update popped uo, IOS. Agrreed. Iphone froze. Follow Apple's instructions, and now at a screen saying "connect to itunes". Here's my dilema. My contacts are not backed up, and the option says restore. IS there an option before restoring to back my contacts up?? HELP! :confused:

If you have made a backup prior to all of this you can find programs that will extract your contacts from a backup. I highly recommend syncing contacts with gmail. Icloud is nice, but if you ever go with a different phone icloud isn't as useful. You can sync gmail contacts with any platform out there. My wife was having problems with her iphone and I had to restore as new. Naturally she doesn't have her contacts backed up so I had to get them out of a backup. Do a google search on finding contacts in iphone backup.

scott craft
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
DROID!!

Just sayin

One thing Apple has that the other platforms don't is backing up and restoring a phone. It is nice to swap out an iphone, sync it to the computer or icloud and all the apps and data are their. I wish my Windows Phone could do that. My droid would reload some of my apps automatically, but not all of them and I still had to arrange them like I wanted.

jaclyn.renea
05-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Check out icloud if it were ever to happen again.
I believe when you go into iTunes there is an option that says backup.
Always backup your phone.

SULPHITE
05-08-2012, 08:49 AM
fool have you ever hooked it up to itunes?

SULPHITE
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Check out icloud if it were ever to happen again.
I believe when you go into iTunes there is an option that says backup.
Always backup your phone.

correct when in itunes and your phone pops up on the left side...right click the pone and choose "backup"

scott craft
05-08-2012, 01:01 PM

Are you restoring as new or restoring from backup? If you've synced your phone with the computer before if you restore from backup contacts should be there.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express