PDA

View Full Version : Biloxi Marsh- Redemption

ElectricChicken
05-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, I had missed the trip with the guide about a month ago so my buddy, his wife and I decided to go in their boat. I borrowed my sisters yak and we loaded up and cut across Lake Borne and got into the marsh. We went into some really nice duck ponds and had some immediate action. We caught 9 redfish in the morning with 1 flounder mixed in. Took a break under the bimini top and ate some lunch before going at it again about 2 pm. We had 4 reds and a speck that afternoon. The lake got so calm, it was absolutley beautiful. We actually fish a bayou mouth at the end of the day. There was no one around in the afternoon. Did not bring my phone in the boat so I have no pics. Good thing too. In the morning I hooked a big red that went behind the boat and got around my rod in the holder and when I tried to get the line undone I got too far off center, the fish pulled and over I went. 12" of water and 2 feet of mud. Handed the rod to my buddy and he caught the fish while I retrieved all my stuff. Quite a show. My buddy laughed till he cried! We caught on Baby 1 Minus's, plastics, topwater and 1 on a fluke. It was great time with great friends in the most beautiful marsh I have ever been in! EC