PDA

View Full Version : Huntin Fool's trip!

huntin fool
05-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Well guys/gals im back from a long week in Reno,nevada. Most of you (all but like 2) dont know this but, I do science fairs and I am very good at it (go figure) won quiet a bit of money (to buy fishin stuff) thru this. Well my sister does this to and has won well around $80,000 with scholarships and cash, (she is better). this past week was the international science fair (isef) where there was over 1586 kids from 60 countries around the world. Since im not old enough to do this international one, my sister did, and has done it for 3 yrs (been for 3 yrs to isef). Some of yall may have read about me and her in the paper for all this, but she has developed a natural mosquitoe repellent, and it works! all by using plants. So this week she competed at this science fair and took 4th place ($500 cash). which is very good. last yr she got an $8,000 scholarship thru the navy.

Now that i told yall the reason for me being there..now for the fun!

OHH!!! i almost forgot!!!! i have pictures with a SMOKIN HOT HARLEY DAVIDSON MODEL!!!! she was beggin to take a picture with me!!!

During the week me and my dad went fly fishing on pyramid lake, (crystal clear lake). Besides having the time of my life, we caught 10 cut throat trout. all of them was 5+!!!!!! And yup i went wade fishin!!

Other then just shopping visiting lake tahoe (another pretty lake) there isn't really much to do for kids, but since i went fishin, i was happy!

If yall ever want a vacation go there though! it is truely a pretty city, no humidity,blah blah blah..

However you do get shocked if you touch metal do to altitude!!!!

have some awesome pictures of the trip i will post later!:D:D

before yall say "huntin fools a nerd!!":shaking: call me what you want, but it buys all my equipment, and my project is actually pretty good!

Dano
05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
You have done well, congratulations. On them fish too !

Salty
05-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Well guys/gals im back from a long week in Reno,nevada. Most of you (all but like 2) dont know this but, I do science fairs and I am very good at it (go figure) won quiet a bit of money (to buy fishin stuff) thru this.

How are ya at spelling bees? :eek:

Reverend Redfish
05-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Congrats My Man! Would've been nice to be there, But don't be holding out on us - how do we get rid of those aggravating mosquitoes??? If it works, sign me up for a gallon or two.

huntin fool
05-16-2009, 11:05 PM
How are ya at spelling bees? :eek:

i suck, lol

projects-

MY SISTER- she has came up with the natural repellent for mosquitoes..

ME- i qork with termites to see what wood they prefer,how much they eat,(cant say future project :shaking:)

huntin fool
05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
the harley davidson model...once again, was beggin the "lil cutey pie" to come take a picture :cool:

Dano
05-16-2009, 11:36 PM
the harley davidson model...once again, was beggin the "lil cutey pie" to come take a picture :cool:

That is some powerful stuff young man. Hold good on that schooling so you don't have to be working stiffs like most of us later in life. Plenty time for that later. :)

huntin fool
05-16-2009, 11:40 PM
That is some powerful stuff young man. Hold good on that schooling so you don't have to be working stiffs like most of us later in life. Plenty time for that later. :)

Thank you, my dad dont want me working at the plants..so i suggested oil feild ( my family used to own a oil company) he dont want me doing that..

so- these are up for grabbs

get my degree in marina biology (be on fishing team aswell)
professional basser (younger yrs of life)
retire and be a salt water guide.

Dano
05-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Thank you, my dad dont want me working at the plants..so i suggested oil feild ( my family used to own a oil company) he dont want me doing that..

so- these are up for grabbs

get my degree in marina biology (be on fishing team aswell)
professional basser (younger yrs of life)
retire and be a salt water guide.

Keep your nose to the books and you will do just fine.
Again, congratulations on Vegas and the fishing.

LaAngler
05-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Huntin Fool you are certainly a very admirable young man and productive member of society and hats off to you for that!!

keep up the good work little buddy!

now let's see this harley girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grinpimp:

this thread might be a sticky

"W"
05-17-2009, 06:00 AM
HF sent me the pic of the Girl!!! LOL....Now Fool I want some pics on here of them trout and you wading......

Good job for you and sis......

drjay
05-17-2009, 07:30 AM
Congrats on the academic achievements. They might not seem "cool" or important right now, but they will pay dividends in the long run.

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Congrats on the academic achievements. They might not seem "cool" or important right now, but they will pay dividends in the long run.

im the coolest fool in the school!! :grinpimp::cool:

Reel Bender
05-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm taking 15 kids your age to compete at State for the Technology Student Association Monday- Wednesday.

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Congratualtions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm taking 15 kids your age to compete at State for the Technology Student Association Monday- Wednesday.

there was an internatinal thing over in houston a few weeks ago that i competed in it was called "isweep" i took 2nd place ($300) and my sis took 2nd place ($750)

Reel Bender
05-17-2009, 10:53 AM
You 2 are money making machines.

We are just competing for ribbons and bragging rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 10:54 AM
You 2 are money making machines.

We are just competing for ribbons and bragging rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you would be surprised the money you win thru this stuff.. hint hint why im doing it..

Reel Bender
05-17-2009, 11:02 AM
you would be surprised the money you win thru this stuff.. hint hint why im doing it..

So......................................I guess you could say............................................... .................

Your no Fool!!!!!!!!!!

slip knot
05-17-2009, 11:48 AM
I've judged some local fairs and was suprised at the complexity of some of the projects. To be winning at the state and national level is pretty impressive. Keep after it , Good education= Good Job=Good money=More hunting and fishin time. Sounds like you already figured that out though.

Took me way to long to get that concept.

Bluechip
05-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Way to go Fool... Post the pic of the Hot Harley Babe and pics of the fish and keep your nose in the books you will be just fine.

Trent Buxton
05-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Hunting fool glad to here that your family interested in the Science fair. I myself won the ISEF overall award when I was in highschool. 1991 in Orlando Florida and Second place overall 1992 in San Juan Puerto Rico (lost to a guy who developed SPF sunscreen to put into outdoor paint to make it last longer). Ole Hackberry Hustler can confirm that for ya if you dont believe me. I developed various ground covers to grow commerical crops through. Mainly tomatos was the concentration of my research. Its most common around sw louisiana when watermelon planting. But in Florida and California they plant commerical grade tomatos on various ground covers that I developed and tested for overall yield in various weather conditions and overall climates. And your right it easily pays for college as well as puts a little cash in the pocket when you develop a marketable product. If you need any help with project development Id be glad to help both my parents where high school and college Science teachers in Biology, Chemistry, physics, you name it. Just drop me a line Id be more than glad to help you develop your idea.

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Unlike my self you have a very good shot at achieving the goals you posted earlier in the thread...set your mind to it and it will happen. Best of luck....

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Hunting fool glad to here that your family interested in the Science fair. I myself won the ISEF overall award when I was in highschool. 1991 in Orlando Florida and Second place overall 1992 in San Juan Puerto Rico (lost to a guy who developed SPF sunscreen to put into outdoor paint to make it last longer). Ole Hackberry Hustler can confirm that for ya if you dont believe me. I developed various ground covers to grow commerical crops through. Mainly tomatos was the concentration of my research. Its most common around sw louisiana when watermelon planting. But in Florida and California they plant commerical grade tomatos on various ground covers that I developed and tested for overall yield in various weather conditions and overall climates. And your right it easily pays for college as well as puts a little cash in the pocket when you develop a marketable product. If you need any help with project development Id be glad to help both my parents where high school and college Science teachers in Biology, Chemistry, physics, you name it. Just drop me a line Id be more than glad to help you develop your idea.

WOW! this year my project was basically to determine the wood perfrence of reticuletermes flavips (fyi- termites) thru a series of choice and no choice testing.. testing like 7 different woods..

Big Flounder
05-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Thats pretty cool Fool. Keep it up man.

Salty
05-17-2009, 01:15 PM
WOW! this year my project was basically to determine the wood perfrence of reticuletermes flavips (fyi- termites) thru a series of choice and no choice testing.. testing like 7 different woods..

WHAT???????????????
:confused:

Trent Buxton
05-17-2009, 01:16 PM
That sounds awesome could really put some insight into what we need to build our homes out of here in Louisiana if your tests show a significant difference across the board....heres a hint for you expand your project to 14 wood species....same 7 your already doing but in the other same 7 wood species add a humdity factor such as enclose them in a place with a humidifier and watch what happens....record those humidites in your 7 with no humidity versus those with humidifier. Your gonna see a big difference in how fast they deteriorate the wood with more humid climate versus everyday humdity...The reason for doing this is that under ground and under homes where the naturally live is usually very moist damp "HUMID" spaces that allows there colonies to really flurish. It could be a second part of your project for maybe next year with same research to show that the less humid you can make your dwelling the less apt you are to have a infestation that is uncontrollable. Just a thought....run with it if you feel like...I can do this all day.

LSUh20fowler
05-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Trent, maybe you should try that project. Cause you sure ain't working this week and spending way too much time on the 'puter.

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 01:25 PM
That sounds awesome could really put some insight into what we need to build our homes out of here in Louisiana if your tests show a significant difference across the board....heres a hint for you expand your project to 14 wood species....same 7 your already doing but in the other same 7 wood species add a humdity factor such as enclose them in a place with a humidifier and watch what happens....record those humidites in your 7 with no humidity versus those with humidifier. Your gonna see a big difference in how fast they deteriorate the wood with more humid climate versus everyday humdity...The reason for doing this is that under ground and under homes where the naturally live is usually very moist damp "HUMID" spaces that allows there colonies to really flurish. It could be a second part of your project for maybe next year with same research to show that the less humid you can make your dwelling the less apt you are to have a infestation that is uncontrollable. Just a thought....run with it if you feel like...I can do this all day.

well i had them inclosed running 2 different types of test, one being a "no choice" and the other being a choice

for the no choice i had 2 petri dishes one being filled with sand and other being filled with 1 of the woods, they were connected with tubing so the termites could go to the wood.

the choice was a large petri dish and had 7 tubes running off of it to 7 different woods (in small petri dishes).

since termites like humidity i sprayed down all the wood consequetively.

my hypothesis was that termites would prefer softwoods over hardwoods but would eat on any food source availble

Trent Buxton
05-17-2009, 01:36 PM
LSUH2Ofowler....you right...im wasting the day away a little bit...its been raining here since before daylight....I AINT GETTIN WET if I can help it. LOL

FOOL sounds like a good start. hope it all goes well for you DID you try cedar or cypress by chance...they are both considered SOFT woods yet termites will not touch them...might be worth looking into

"W"
05-17-2009, 01:40 PM

Fool is 2cool!!!!:*****::*****::*****:Fool is this your new Girl????

Big Flounder
05-17-2009, 01:42 PM
WOW!!! Fool is that your pimp hat?

Big_Country
05-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Fool... you're my new hero...you are the man!!!!

LaAngler
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
daaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyum Fool :eek::amen:

Trent Buxton
05-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Look at that **** eating grin on that boys face....it dont get any better than that.

"W"
05-17-2009, 01:55 PM
The Kat in the HAT!!!!

Suthrngntlmn
05-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Congrats on all your achievements, keep up the good work and you can be whatever you want to be in life. IMO Marine Biologist would be an awesome field for you to be in .

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 03:58 PM
i went to post the pics and this popped up- how do i fix them?

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 531 x 360

LaAngler
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
i went to post the pics and this popped up- how do i fix them?

The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 531 x 360

http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 04:28 PM
http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=840&stc=1&d=1242595659

all the fishing pics are in the fishing section! go here to see the fish!!!!!!! http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4945#post4945 (http://www.saltycajun.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4945#post4945)

SULPHITE
05-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Fool hats off lil dude!! Got the brains and the women folk!!

One question....where is yer hand??? :D

JJK with ya fool:rotfl: good luck with termites!! They been swarming lately, hurry up!!

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Fool hats off lil dude!! Got the brains and the women folk!!

One question....where is yer hand??? :D

JJK with ya fool:rotfl: good luck with termites!! They been swarming lately, hurry up!!

i couldnt help it!!! :cool: it was like right there! and im only a few feet tall!:*****:

SULPHITE
05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Sometimes being short can come in handy!!!LOL:grinpimp:

huntin fool
05-17-2009, 08:56 PM

yup! you nailed it!!!!!:grinpimp:

Suthrngntlmn
05-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Unless you're stuck in an elevator at The National Pork & Bean Convention!!!:*****::*****::*****::*****::*****::l mfao:

SULPHITE
05-18-2009, 10:23 AM
Unless you're stuck in an elevator at The National Pork & Bean Convention!!!

LOL!! Fool would be in trouble:help:

Big_Country
05-18-2009, 04:46 PM
So would our boy "W"!!! lol

huntin fool
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
but when your in the elevator with all women...it perfect!

duckman444
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
but when your in the elevator with all women...it perfect!

enjoy it while your short buddy!:*****::*****::*****: