PDA

View Full Version : Kayak launches?

weedeater
07-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Is there a map or list of launches that covers from Lake Charles to the gulf? Looking for places to get into marsh or lakes.

1fastmerc
07-03-2012, 06:55 AM
Is there a map or list of launches that covers from Lake Charles to the gulf? Looking for places to get into marsh or lakes.

I have an app from Austin kayak. I'm not sure if they have one for your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weedeater
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
I will look,I know that you launch at any "boat launch" but looking for some in places you can't launch a boat or that are shorter paddles to decent fishing.

SaltERedneck
07-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I dont know about apps or any of that.... years of exeperience and knowing the area helps out tremendously. Sometimes i just google earth places and look for close areas to park my truck. thats the beauty of it.... can launch where no boats can.

Yakbum
07-04-2012, 03:47 PM
There's a nice marsh thats accessible from the little launch that's by the bridge that you cross before ellender bridge heading south. Chilly Westlund road I believe. There's even a little "kayak launch" area set up there

weedeater
07-04-2012, 05:09 PM
There's a nice marsh thats accessible from the little launch that's by the bridge that you cross before ellender bridge heading south. Chilly Westlund road I believe. There's even a little "kayak launch" area set up there

We fished there last Saturday and did ok for our first time in yaks and new area