PDA

View Full Version : Red dirt

LaAngler
09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Anybody hunt up on red dirt wma? thinking of making a camping trip/rifle hunt on the last weekend in october up there.....

speckdaddy
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
red dirt is by far the most beautiful place that i hunt. huge mast crops of white acorns and tons of hogs n deer. great area ta hunt

LaAngler
09-25-2009, 12:40 PM
lets have a saltycajun camp out/deer hunt/BS festival

speckdaddy
09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
in the works, just not camping, the saltycajun throwdown will happen soon

bay_slayer
09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Speck....you got date yet?

speckdaddy
09-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Speck....you got date yet?
workin on it bro. the place that we are gonna have it is the biggest decision.may hafta just say screw it and have in near big lake cus alotta the members wanna fish that mornin. itll be SOON

killa k
09-25-2009, 10:54 PM

I have a feeling anytime you get more that 2 cajuns together you get a BS festival.:*****:

bay_slayer
09-25-2009, 11:05 PM
I have a feeling anytime you get more that 2 cajuns together you get a BS festival.:*****:

Thats how we roll!!!:smokin:

Gerald
09-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I made a couple of hunts there last year. Much different land than hunting the swamps of Sherburne.

On the attached map......I think we were somewhere near Hwy 117....maybe near spots 16 & 17 on this map.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r8/kisatchie/maps/Kisatchie_District_Map.htm

Where are you thinking of Camping up there? I was planning to hunt Clear Creek but might go to Red Dirt if there are others going there.

LaAngler
09-26-2009, 04:23 PM
i would even be willing to hunt clear creek for old times sake too

i didn't have a spot in mind, if the weather permits i would just go tent camping or sleep in the back seat of my truck, ha ha

slick143
09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Me and abuddy of mine might make a trip to re dirt opening weekend of muzzelloader

whunter29
09-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I went there once with a bunch of friends and have one hell of a story for you all. We were all in college and one of our college friends had a house outside of Many and the night before going hunting we all went to the eight ball lounge on 1215. Well anyway one of my friends met this chick that wanted to go deer hunting and we went to Red Dirt early the next morning. when we got there she said she needed to go and make a phone call or something and we all went in the woods. My buddy had left her with the keys to his truck and when we came out of the woods there was no truck as she had stole it. Thank God we had went in two trucks or we would have been in one hell of a bind. When we got back to my friends house his truck was there and ram sacked. I hope to never ever have another hunting trip like that one. lol

LaAngler
09-27-2009, 03:21 AM
the public land hunts are the wildest.....ha ha

Slidellkid
10-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Angler,

That's a good idea, I have been thinking of the same thing. Just a simple get together at a public spot camping out, drinking a few cool ones, killing a couple of deer and just relaxing. I've never hunted Red Dirt but I am game. I live in Deridder now so PM me with any good input you might have on Clear Creek. I am going to go start scouting it today and tomorrow and it seems a little overwhelming it's so big and it all pretty much seems to looks the same (I was up there riding around a month or so ago). You hunt the small creek bottoms up there or the clear cuts? When is the rut on up there?

We should probably just commit to a specific date and place and then whoever can/wants to make it can do so.

LaAngler
10-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I think I could do opening weekend on clear creek

should be last saturday of this month?

Slidellkid
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM
Angler,

Is there a camping area on clear creek? I live close by so it's not necessary for me but it would be fun. Much more fun to shoot the bull over a couple of cool ones that go home to the wife and here her ***** about my muddy boots!

I think I am going to go scout clear creek tomorrow so I will let you know what I see.

Great win for the Tigers today!

Gerald
10-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Angler,

Is there a camping area on clear creek? I live close by so it's not necessary for me but it would be fun. Much more fun to shoot the bull over a couple of cool ones that go home to the wife and here her ***** about my muddy boots!

I think I am going to go scout clear creek tomorrow so I will let you know what I see.

Great win for the Tigers today!

Yes there is a campground.....primitive. It is located in the Northeast part of the property, along Hwy 464.

I wanted to go scouting tomorrow but the rain forcast looks bad. I may try to go durning the week. I will be looking for a clear cut with 3 to 6 foot tall pines and a good tree to climb. "MY' spot got clear cut 1.5 years ago so I am looking for new places to hunt.