PDA

View Full Version : Golden Meadow

claymc
05-18-2009, 06:38 PM
I just joined the site a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone here fishes Golden Meadow. My dad and I are going down there (from Shreveport) in two weeks and was wondering if anyone has any recent good reports from that area? Thanks.

CatDaddy
05-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I just joined the site a couple of days ago and was wondering if anyone here fishes Golden Meadow. My dad and I are going down there (from Shreveport) in two weeks and was wondering if anyone has any recent good reports from that area? Thanks.

Welcome Claymc... Hope you like the place... I wish i could help you with that aera,,,

The Salty Hog
05-22-2009, 10:32 AM
I do allot of fishing around PAC & Montegut (Got a camp there) which is near there but never out of Golden Meadow. So far this year our trips haven't been anything to brag about. The last trip to the camp I just drug the boat down to Dularge and had success there but that's about the only place I've been able to do anything. Hopefully your lucks better than mine. Will y'all be fishing in the Catfish Lake area?

claymc
05-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Salty Hog, yes we will be fishing the marsh west and south of Catfish Lake. Has the fishing been off in the area due to wind messing up water levels/clarity or have the fish just not been in the area? We usually kill them in May and June.
Clay

The Salty Hog
05-22-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm sure the wind & water have had allot to do with it but usually even in bad conditions we catch enough to eat, this year, that hasen't been the case. I hadn't fished down there in about month, but I'd imagine with all the shrimp that has moved into the marsh/bay right now there's got to be fish. Don't let me discorage you, I haven't fished that far to the east this year. I'd be willing to bet if you hit Lake Falicity &/or East Timbilier Island you should beable to find some trout. Is that what you'll be going after?

Also, you might want to PM Cordgrass, he fishes all over down there, he might beable to give you a more recent update.

claymc
05-22-2009, 06:14 PM
No we go after reds this time of year. Don't have a big enough boat to go into the bays, especially if the wind gets up. I want to make sure we get back to shore, plus I don't like bouncing up and down while trying to fish. Hopefully the reds will be in the marsh good in another week since there is plenty of bait there.

The Salty Hog
05-22-2009, 06:48 PM
I hear you man, you shouldn't have a problem then, I've heard allot of good about the area you're heading to, I've just never fished it. About the furthest I've run that way for reds is to the north ends of Lake Tambour & Falicity and they both have done me well in the past. I'll probably be down there next weekend, if it's calm we'll head offshore for trout, if not, we'll chase tail in the skiff. Either way, it's always fun. Good luck to you!

SH