PDA

View Full Version : Wolf 223??

BIRD DOG
09-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Does anybody shoot WOLF brand 223 out of thier AR?Any problems?The lady at the local gun store told me they are bad for your gun b/c of the coating on the casing.I told her I could get 1000rds for 24cents apiece off of ammo engine compared to her $350 for 500!:confused:

LaAngler
09-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Wolf no longer manufactures ammunition with a lacquer coating on the cartridge casing due to issues concerning lacquer-coated steel cartridges becoming stuck in the chamber of a firearm after firing, with difficulty in ejecting the spent cartridge afterwards. They use a new polymer coating now.

The only disadvantage to using steel cases is that steel is not as "elastic" as brass, and therefore does not create as efficient a gas seal when a round is fired. Should be fine for target/plinking ammo, just make sure your gun likes to eat it before buying a ton of it.

Basically an AK will like Wolf better than an AR because of the looser tolerances, but plenty of people use it out of ARs.

speck-chaser
09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
I use it all the time,w/o any problems. It is prolly a little dirtier than higher priced ammo,but a little cleaning is alot cheaper than .70 cents a round. Like LaA said, it is great for target and plinking.

BIRD DOG
09-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the info guys,I will go ahead a buy a box and try it before I buy a few thousand rounds.:D

LaAngler
09-29-2009, 01:00 PM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=357676