PDA

View Full Version : KcKayak

cajun bill
10-09-2012, 01:43 PM
Anyone have experience with these kayak's. I understand it is made by four former LSU grads and is very stable.

Another question, my bud just bought one of these and he is being told that since he wants to put a trolling motor on it, it will have to be registered and have numbers like a regular boat.

Any info will be appreciated.

http://www.kckayaks.com/

BassYakR
10-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Yes if it has a trolling motor on it, itll have to be registered like any other boat! I doubt anyone would ever say anything but that the law. Ive heard they are very stable tho. But they feel like ur paddling a board! Wouldnt work for the amout of miles we paddle in a day. Prob great boat for marshes tho.

noodle creek
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah it is a company formed by 2 LSU guys. They hunt at our hunting club, and they brought us one to use, but i've never messed around in it

thomas1950
10-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Check out the URL for the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Commission regarding your question http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/boating/required-equipment-regulations.

Below is an excerpt:

BOAT REGISTRATION:
All boats with motors, including electric trolling motors, operating on the waters of the state, must be registered and numbered. Boat registration applications are available from most boat dealerships, and on the LDWF web site, from any of the Wildlife and Fisheries District Offices or from Wildlife and Fisheries, Boat Registration, P.O. Box 14796, Baton Rouge, LA 70898, phone number 225-765-2898.
After completing the application, mail it with your check or money order to the above address and allow 6 to 8 weeks for processing.
Upon receipt of your application and all other required documentation, the Department will issue you a certificate of registration, stating the number assigned to the boat, two decals, and an expiration date of three years from the date of issuance.
Your boat registration certificate must be on board the vessel at all times. Keep it in some type of waterproof container in a safe place where it can be readily found by the owner.