PDA

View Full Version : Hobie pro angler

YellowMouth7
10-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I need to hear from you Pro Angler guys........Pros & Cons........Im thinking about upgrading.......also opinions on the 12ft vs 14ft.

Thanks in advance

bmac
10-24-2012, 09:52 AM
I had a 14 2010 model. In my mind the only thing that would keep me from getting another is how I would transport it. If you have a trailer or a pickup truck then you are good to go. I have seen videos of people cartopping them so it can be done, but I am not going through the hassle of that again.
The call it tha Caddy-yak with good reason. It's big with plenty of storage. Once on the water it is very nimble and moves as fast as the smaller outback. At 6' 260 lbs I could stand in it like I was in a Small jonboat.
In my mind it is simply the best fishing kayak available.
Check out pack and paddle in Lafayette for a demo.

Country Boy
10-24-2012, 10:29 AM
I need to hear from you Pro Angler guys........Pros & Cons........Im thinking about upgrading.......also opinions on the 12ft vs 14ft.

Thanks in advance

Not to familiar with yaks but yesterday I did some work at backpack around river ranch right on the side of Bonefish grill and I was checking out the 12ft pro angler also they have a big selection of them. I am all ways around the area and never noticed that place was there.

BroussardGuy
10-24-2012, 09:16 PM
I have a PA 14 and really like it. Bought it used and have been out 3 times. It has all of the bells and whistles. Handles great. Easy to fish from. Plenty of opportunities to add accessories. Go see Skip at Pack and Paddle. If not in hurry go to November meeting of the Lafayette Kayak Fishing Club at P&P. great group of guys with plenty of kayak fishing experience.

RAGINJROB
10-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Cant go wrong with either PA. You are welcome to try out my 2011 PA14. Same size just different seat.