PDA

View Full Version : Learning Which plastics to throw

SpeckJackin4Life
11-19-2012, 12:18 PM
I have been fishing all my life and I have never understood why certain plastics work and some dont.

Is there a certain giudeline for water clarity, time of year, Salinty, etc.

Anyone have any input?

meaux fishing
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
check this link out
http://www.texastacklefactory.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=111

SpeckJackin4Life
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the help!!

Kenner18
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
trout and redfish cant see certain colors ,its all about contrast and presentation more than anything .

Goooh
11-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Awesome link...

coastalobsession
11-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Dirty water dark colors
Clear water clear and natural colors.

BUT..... Some people throw chartreuse in dirty water and black in clear water.

I will throw what the fish want

"W"
11-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Stick to basics

meaux fishing
11-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Dirty water dark colors
Clear water clear and natural colors.

BUT..... Some people throw chartreuse in dirty water and black in clear water.

I will throw what the fish want

Live skrimps?

"W"
11-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Black in clear water with sunshine is what I throw

All those big trout we caught yesterday were caught on black and orange color bait in clear water

Sea-Trac Offshore
11-22-2012, 08:57 PM
I always have 3 rods rigged differently. Also depends what I am looking for. Trout: topwater, jig head with a bayou thumper, and a cork with a marsh works shrimp. Redfish: topwater, marsh works spinner or spoon, rabbit frog.

Color depends on where I am going with water color. I almost always have something with a purple body chartreuse tail. Trout and reds love it. Caught in dark and clean water with that color. Topwater, I always start with a solid black and sometimes move to black back chrome sides. Ribbit frogs does not matter much as I use them to drag across grass or punch into the deep grass with high water. They just hit it out of aggression. Shrimp I like clear or pink.

Tomorrow I am headed to hopedale. Black topwater, purple/chartreuse, and cork rig. Most of the time I just use the cork rig as a locator. If I get a hit I put it away and back to the top. I am addicted to topwater and most of the time that is all I will throw. I am not looking for a limit of fish but just some big fish on top. Nothing like it.

Hope this helps

Also the purple/chart works great bouncing on points for flounder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bsoileau
11-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Black in clear water with sunshine is what I throw

All those big trout we caught yesterday were caught on black and orange color bait in clear water

I would think black and orange corky fat boy!

swamp snorkler
11-23-2012, 09:56 AM
When I fish trout I always use a tandem rig with 2 different color plastics. If one seems to be getting more hits than the other I switch them both to that color.....

In Cocodrie and Lake Boudreaux I almost always throw motor oil avocado.

If I fish at night its almost always a white or chartreuse bait.