PDA

View Full Version : Fish pontchartrain

duck77777
10-13-2009, 11:02 AM
Does anybody have a good recipe for it I have had with a white sauce

eman
10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Where did you have it and can you discribe it? I probably can come up w/ something close.

duck77777
10-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Where did you have it and can you discribe it? I probably can come up w/ something close.

esters in texas by the rainbow bridge proably considered port arthur its basically pan fried fish with a white sauce over it same as you do with etouffe

eman
10-14-2009, 04:43 PM
gimme a few and i'll post up a recipe.

eman
10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
trout recipe
this one works w/ any fillets.
wet fish w/ ICE water pat dry and dredge in seasoned flour.( light coat) . Pan sautee in olive oil till done,remove fish and set aside, add half stick butter to olive oil and sautee 1/2 onion and 2 ribs celery
(diced) in pan, when allmost done add 1 cup chopped pecans and cook till pecans are hot. add 1/4 cup flour and stir
till blended . Use whatever seasonings you prefer to season at this time. Add 2 cup cream or 1/2 and 1/2 or milk depending on how health concious you are.
stir till blended Now you can add 1 lb chopped shrimp if you like or 1 lb crab meat. stir till shrimp is done. Check and add seasoning if needed at this time.
serve this sauce over the fillets or if someone doesn't eat fish it's good over angel hair pasta.
Make sure to make some garlic bread to go w/ this so that you can sop up all of the sauce.
This recipe can be doubled or added to to meet your taste.
ENJOY, Bob
You can just make the sauce w/ equal parts olive oil and butter then follow recipe.