PDA

View Full Version : Bow Hunting

longsidelandry
10-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Ok, so I've been wanting to get into bow hunting for a couple of years but things have always gotten in the way of me being able to get everything I need and start practicing. About how much will it cost me to get an average bow and all the accessories I'll need to be able to do some bow hunting. The only thing I have is a climbing stand so I have a long way to go lol.

adamsfence
10-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I bought everything second hand to start because didn't know if I would like it bow was350 targets are 100 arrows are 6 to 10 I would find a buddy to help you get started.... It takes a special person because of the patience

adamsfence
10-13-2009, 08:37 PM
sorry for typos on my phone don't get me wrong I love it but a lot of people get mad when you are just watching deer and they won't get close enough

flounder_smacker
10-13-2009, 08:47 PM
i see you live in coteau. if you want good advise from someone who wont try to rip you off try bayou bow hunters. they are on ridge road outside of lafayette. they are a bowtech dealer but have a few used bows and trade ins they let you shoot before you buy. their service is outstanding also.

longsidelandry
10-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Sounds good, thanks for the tips guys.

adamsfence
10-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I would definitely go to a bow shop not a department store they will help you a lot more just watch the prices

longsidelandry
10-13-2009, 08:59 PM
I would definitely go to a bow shop not a department store they will help you a lot more just watch the prices

That's what I'll do, I'll check out a few of the places around New Iberia and Lafayette and get me a used bow. I don't want anything new for my first one, maybe once I get used to it and make sure that it's my kind of thing...

RaginCagin
10-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Definetly go to Bayouland Bowhunter and ask for Brandon. tell him Josh sent you he will help you out. The only thing is he no longer sells used bows. He does sell package bows made by Diamond which means you get the bow fully rigged with arrows and release. You can get a medium range diamond bow like this for around $550. IF you buy one second hand say 3-4 years old you should bea ble to get on rigged out for around $350. Bow hunting is not cheap esp. if you ever decide to go with a high end bow. It can cost way more than rifle hunting. But remember you dont have to have the best if they kill them with recurves any compund will kill them you just need one that is comfortable for you. Dont just buy it becasue someone else like it. If you need more info. just pm me.

wtretrievers
10-14-2009, 08:08 AM
Longside, One thing is that bowhunting can be tough & a lot of hard work. One thing bowhunting will do is make you a much better hunter. It's not just going & finding a "good looking" spot. It will teach you to hunt. Once you stick that first one & you hear that "thump" you'll be hooked!!!!!!!!!!!! If not something is wrong with ya! ha! If I ever had to give up all but one method of deer hunting, the rifles would be gone & the bow would stay! Take these guys advice & go to a pro shop & not a department store, such Cabela's or Bass pro or Academy.:shaking:

longsidelandry
10-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Thanks for all the info guys, I will definately keep all of this in mind when I'm ready. I'm thinking I'll most likely buy a setup after hunting season so I can have all of next year to practice and scout.