PDA

View Full Version : Staining concrete floors

Red Devil
01-13-2013, 10:00 AM
Has anyone ever done it themselves? Was the result what you had planned? Would like to get some feedback on others experiences.

Bluechip
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Has anyone ever done it themselves? Was the result what you had planned? Would like to get some feedback on others experiences.

I did it in my house.... Followed the directions step by step... Everything came out perfect. Then about 7 years later it started coming up in a few places.... I'm not sure if a professional can do it any better but ????

Bluechip
01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
I will eventually cover it but my flooring money is currently being spent on 2 kids in college....

Maybe the process has improved. When I did them it was about 11 years ago.

PUREBAY2200
01-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Our floors are stained...... Sometimes I love it... Sometimes I hate it!!
The quality of the original stain will determine how long it lasts and how it looks.

You have to take care of it for it to last and stay looking good.
Which is a PITA!!!

But cleaning it is super easy!!

It's always cold( great in summer.... Bad in winter)

Then again the scuff marks are horrible!!

We are planning to cover the living room and hallway with wood soon.
Leave kitchen , bathrooms and dinning room as concrete.
Possibly get carpet in the bedrooms.....

Our floor is flat, no etching.
My cousin has a big fluer di le symbol etched and stained a different color in her entrance. Also has a big "tiger eye" in he office.
You can do some cool stuff with it but its ???
The quality of the concrete also has a big effect on the finished product.

tuckerjay
01-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Take a look at L. M. Scofield website, in my opinion they have the best products in the business. Purebay2200 was correct about the maintenance "PITA".

Lake Chuck Duck
01-14-2013, 10:15 AM
My BIL has it and they claim that your socks always get stained on the bottom when not wearing shoes. Like it has been rubbing off on there feet for years. Anybody else have that issue?

tuckerjay
01-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Sounds like the slab did not get sealed after it got stained.

PUREBAY2200
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM
My BIL has it and they claim that your socks always get stained on the bottom when not wearing shoes. Like it has been rubbing off on there feet for years. Anybody else have that issue?

no stains on my socks.... but i have been "skating" a few times afew the floor was waxed.... lmao
that sucker is super slick!!:help::help:

latravcha
01-14-2013, 03:26 PM
It is not hard at all. Just takes some labor to do.
Make sure floor is clean before you start.
Don’t let any chemical get on floor before staining.
cover floor before you do sheet rock.
after the stain is set make sure you wash it good.
this will take several times of washing floor with clean water and scrubbing and vacuuming up water.

cduhon
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
I did mine 7 years ago, whole house. Still love it, easy to clean and love the look. Wax about every 6 months. Cost me around $350 for entire house.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2