PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion Bay Redfish tourney

meaux fishing
05-04-2009, 03:02 AM
We are talking about doing a V. Bay red tourney July 18th. The rules are not final yet so i don't know what they are but i will put them up when I get them if anybody is interested. I think we decided up to three per boat and $50 a boat. Just trying to meet some people and have a good time.

"W"
05-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I know Vermilion bay is messed up with all the rain...WHat about doing it on Big LAKE?...Just a thought

LaAngler
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
by july they should be catching at marsh island and redfish point areas

flounder_smacker
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
im still working on the rules. went out this past weekend and probably the worst fishing i have ever done in the bay. south wind had the water so high i ran through the marsh not in it. caught one red and a 8 foot gator in my prop. might have to push that date back if things dont start picking up.

LaAngler
05-04-2009, 03:28 PM
flounder, did you get the hewes lined out? that guy that replied to your thread on there pretty much runs the company.

the water level up here in the vermillion seems like it's lower, dunno what it is at butte larose, might bring salinity up soon with a little west wind.

flounder_smacker
05-04-2009, 03:43 PM
yeah i figured that plate was to much setback for the boat. i ordered a bobs 6 inch. just waiting for it to come in. its my first flats boat but i knew something wasnt right with that bow lift. i mainly bought it to bass fish because i like to bass fish but hate bass boats. also im going to be pulling it down to cocodrie and fishing some skinny water down there as soon as the wind calms down. i saw on the hewes forum you own one? which model do you have?