PDA

View Full Version : FCX

Reggoh
02-21-2013, 01:58 PM
I'm not much of a trader but I like to follow the market... what do you guys think of FCX right now? Trading around $32 and seems primed for a nice gain in the next cycle. ;)

Gerald
02-21-2013, 04:25 PM
I'm not much of a trader but I like to follow the market... what do you guys think of FCX right now? Trading around $32 and seems primed for a nice gain in the next cycle. ;)

Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX)

Would I invest in FCX......No.

Stock has been in a 2 year slide [was up to $ 55] and does not appear to have made a turn up yet.

If you want to "bottom fish".....then maybe!!!!!

Company has a P/E of 7.3 which is low and means it could go up. Profit margin and ROE are a little above average (?).

Current dividend is 3.6 %

"W"
02-21-2013, 04:27 PM

APA if you want to buy a oil stock or MMR

Gerald
02-21-2013, 04:41 PM
APA if you want to buy a oil stock or MMR

MMR is dead money due to pending buyout by FCX.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/freeport-mcmoran-copper-gold-inc-130000165.html

Reggoh
02-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX)

Would I invest in FCX......No.

Stock has been in a 2 year slide [was up to $ 55] and does not appear to have made a turn up yet.

If you want to "bottom fish".....then maybe!!!!!

Company has a P/E of 7.3 which is low and means it could go up. Profit margin and ROE are a little above average (?).

Current dividend is 3.6 %

Was mainly looking at this one as a historically cyclical stock... seems like it is at the low of of a cycle (may go a little lower)... and with the recent acquisitions it may be primed to move upwards in the next 4-6 months as it has done historically over the last 4-5 years?

cajunkid
03-06-2013, 10:01 AM
I bought and sold FCX several times. I have a recent buy at $32.15. Many hedge funds billionaires also have recent buys. FCX is a cash flow machine. I like it as a dividend play. Trading at a big discount compared to Austrailian miners. I really like Linn Energy, LLC (LINE), and LNCO for IRA accounts. LinnCO (LNCO) is a spin off of LINE. Recent acquisition of Berry Petroleum provides instant 30% to DCF (distributable cash flow). Linn Energy has a very good slide show of their assets on their website (pre Berry Petroleum aquisition). Very smart management, fully hedged for oil and nat gas to 2015. Their Hogshooter wells in the Texas panhandle are gushers. Current dividend for LINE and LNCO about 7.6% and about to be increased another 8.5%. Worth a look in my humble, amatuer opinion.

simplepeddler
03-06-2013, 11:02 AM
be careful here.............the SEC has approved the futures trading of copper base.
Not saying it will have a negative affect, but my belief is that it will make wide swings and the old cycles will be useless in making decisions.

just my opinion though........