PDA

View Full Version : Show us what you got!

longsidelandry
11-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Let's see what kind of 4wheeler or any other off-road machine you have.
Here's a few pics of my bike I just sold...I miss it :cry::cry::cry:

bay_slayer
11-03-2009, 08:08 PM
nice bike........

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-03-2009, 08:15 PM
nice bike

that those pics in the river werent taken on the calcasieu were they?

longsidelandry
11-03-2009, 08:27 PM
nice bike

that those pics in the river werent taken on the calcasieu were they?

Yep, sure were. I had just finished crossing it at Willow Eddies...here's a few more.

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-03-2009, 08:34 PM
near kinder right?

used to fish and swim at the rope all the time

2 minutes from my house

longsidelandry
11-03-2009, 08:41 PM
near kinder right?

used to fish and swim at the rope all the time

2 minutes from my house

O cool, yea it's right near Kinder. That was my favorite place to go ride.

CatDaddy
11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Nice bike dude....

yak'em-n-stack'em
11-03-2009, 08:45 PM
at the dam

who you know over there?
its all leased up

longsidelandry
11-03-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't know anybody personally over there. I would go ride with some friends for the day.

huntin fool
11-03-2009, 09:41 PM
not as good as yalls..but she works

longsidelandry
11-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Fool, if ever you wanna get rid of that thing let me know, seriously. I want one like that to make a mud bike with.

2ndamendment
11-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Yak---you from Kinder?

jlincecum
11-03-2009, 10:54 PM
one of the arctic cats

Micah
11-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Here is the ole honda.

longsidelandry
11-04-2009, 09:11 AM
one of the arctic cats

I plan on this being my next purchase. I want a side x side but I'm still not sold on which one I want between the Rhino and the Prowler. Poolaris is out of the question, I don't care what people say about the Ranger. I'll use it for hunting and riding around at the camp mostly so I want something that will last. Whatcha think?

Jordan
11-04-2009, 09:17 AM
The one that crapped out on me the other night... but is still... i repeat STILL running !!!!!!!! GEAUX HONDA !!!!!:work:

Jordan
11-04-2009, 09:18 AM
I plan on this being my next purchase. I want a side x side but I'm still not sold on which one I want between the Rhino and the Prowler. Poolaris is out of the question, I don't care what people say about the Ranger. I'll use it for hunting and riding around at the camp mostly so I want something that will last. Whatcha think?

honda came out with a big red SXS.... their pretty decent price and good ride... i've ridden in a RHINO and a T-rex... both are powerful, but ya cant beat a honda.... not even with a stick !!:spineyes:

longsidelandry
11-04-2009, 09:21 AM
The T-Rex is in the mix too, I just want something that I know will last and also something I can take on a ride and put through some mud holes. Whatever I get though will be camo. Does the Big Red come in camo?

Deadly D
11-04-2009, 09:24 AM
honda came out with a big red SXS.... their pretty decent price and good ride... i've ridden in a RHINO and a T-rex... both are powerful, but ya cant beat a honda.... not even with a stick !!:spineyes:
Except when you have to walk home when they quite running.:*****:

Red Devil
11-04-2009, 09:27 AM
The T-Rex is in the mix too, I just want something that I know will last and also something I can take on a ride and put through some mud holes. Whatever I get though will be camo. Does the Big Red come in camo?
You can get a Big Red in camo. They had one in LC a while back. The Big Reds are nice, but I feel they are a little too big. Just my opinion. Look like a Tundra without all the body panels. I just can't see bringing one of them to the woods. My .02.

longsidelandry
11-04-2009, 09:29 AM
You can get a Big Red in camo. They had one in LC a while back. The Big Reds are nice, but I feel they are a little too big. Just my opinion. Look like a Tundra without all the body panels. I just can't see bringing one of them to the woods. My .02.

That's what has me leaning more towards the Rhino. It's not as wide so I won't have any issues with narrow trails through the woods. The Rhino's that have been on rides with us have made it just about everywhere the bikes have.

Jordan
11-04-2009, 09:46 AM
narrower= top leavy, try not to climb hills... they flip... i got x-rays to prove it... wider the better... alot of people get the rhino and get the wheel spacers to make it stance wider.... i dont like SXS's.... if u flip, ya pretty much gotta roll with it... i like a 4-wheeler, that way in case i flip, i can jump off...

wtretrievers
11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Looks like the Clampets going to Mayberry!!!!!!
2 Honda Ranchers & a Suzuki mini truck, w/ 3" lift, 25" Swamp witches, 2wd, 4wd high & 4wd Low w/ differential lock, custom (I made) front bumper 3"channel & 1/2 pipe for a grill guard w/ 3500 lbs winch, 4" rear pipe bumper filled with concrete. FM Stereo & CD player, jammin to some Thunderstuck on the way to the stand! AND IT HAS A HEATER!!!!!

Jordan
11-04-2009, 10:25 AM
nice rides....rig....errrrr....yeah whatever

SULPHITE
11-04-2009, 10:30 AM
You get the redneck of the week award!

Ray
11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
My brother in law has 2 of them little Suzuki trucks, he calls them Jap Trucks. One is camo, the other has not been painted yet. They's fun lil things, but you have to drive on the wrong side and shift left handed.
Sometimes the front tires hit the frame cause the tires are bigger than what is supposed to be on it. They use it for deer and hog hunting.

wtretrievers
11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
My brother in law has 2 of them little Suzuki trucks, he calls them Jap Trucks. One is camo, the other has not been painted yet. They's fun lil things, but you have to drive on the wrong side and shift left handed.
Sometimes the front tires hit the frame cause the tires are bigger than what is supposed to be on it. They use it for deer and hog hunting.
Yea! it's hard enough sober, Ought try it after you have several! Stone cold sober I still get in on the wrong side!

Ray
11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
The first time I ever tried to drive a crew cab truck, I got in the back seat.
Kinda the same on the Jap truck.

wtretrievers
11-04-2009, 02:09 PM
This my other play toy for when it gets bad! 9" lift w/ 37" Super Swamper TSL's

longsidelandry
11-04-2009, 02:28 PM
This my other play toy for when it gets bad! 9" lift w/ 37" Super Swamper TSL's

Nice!! That's what I want to play in the crawfish ponds with!

T-Red
11-04-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/classifieds/pics/p1255089718649046.jpg

southern151
11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
I'll send ya pics of my company truck if ya want. It's a 2wd but, I'm about to drive that SOB off in a ditch or onto the top of myHR guy's desk!!!! Which one would you guys rather see?!:pissed::pissed:

Jordan
11-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Desk desk desk !!!!!!

bay_slayer
11-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I have to agree with Jordan........I would love to see the truck on a desk

southern151
11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
I have to agree with Jordan........I would love to see the truck on a desk
I wish that I could and get away with it! I'm outa there for the day and wouldn't much care if they pulled the plug on me completely at this point!

bay_slayer
11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I wish that I could and get away with it! I'm outa there for the day and wouldn't much care if they pulled the plug on me completely at this point!

Man it sounds like you are having a bad day:cheers:

Jordan
11-05-2009, 03:57 PM
go kill something.... not someone.. lmao !!!!!

southern151
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Brah, if ya'll only knew. I have no work part of the week and they want to lay me off or move me to nights in the shop(not my job!!!). Now they just called saying I likely have to go to Alabama to work this weekend. Too bad my wife has my birthday party planned for Saturday and my nephew's first birthday is Sunday. Oh yeah, my mom is visiting from Idaho over the weekend! We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I'm waiting on a call from another group and I sure hope they come through soon!

Nasty
11-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Fool, that is one of the best bikes ever made. Fourtrax 300 4x4. I have a 2000 year model. No problems with mine. Rock solid.

huntin fool
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Fool, that is one of the best bikes ever made. Fourtrax 300 4x4. I have a 2000 year model. No problems with mine. Rock solid.

Love it. Might not be as big/quiet. But rock solid.

huntin fool
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Love it. Might not be as big/quiet. But rock solid.

Went thru saltwater up to the rails during hurrican Ike and still runs lIKE a champ

Nasty
11-05-2009, 08:07 PM
I think its only weakness is the brakes. And maybe starter silenoid going out.

BA1125
11-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Here's what I ride...

A little different then what you guys have...

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Here's what I ride...

A little different then what you guys have...

NICE! One thing I always liked doing is going to Sicily Island for Clash of the Titans and watching the races. I love the smell when those bikes start running.

Ray
11-06-2009, 09:40 AM
I think its only weakness is the brakes. And maybe starter silenoid going out.

Don't let Jordan fix the solenoid.

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Don't let Jordan fix the solenoid.

:*****::*****::*****: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

BA1125
11-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks!

Yea it has been awhile since we have gone to Sicily Island. We went to every Clash of the Titans event they had.

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Thanks!

Yea it has been awhile since we have gone to Sicily Island. We went to every Clash of the Titans event they had.

Cool, were you by the track a couple of years ago that night when a guy pretty much demolished his bike when he flew off of it? If I remember right it was green and supposed to be the fastest thing around.

duckman444
11-06-2009, 10:59 AM
you can love honda all you want but when you ride what i ride honda will be what your running over the top of. GRIZZLY 700 FUEL INJECTED RAW POWER

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
you can love honda all you want but when you ride what i ride honda will be what your running over the top of. GRIZZLY 700 FUEL INJECTED RAW POWER

Yea that's what I had, but mine had the big bore kit, clutch kit, EHS airbox lid w/ UNI filter, Wiseco piston and Webcam. That thing was a BEAST!!! I couldn't keep the front OR rear tires on the ground, I could do reverse wheelies easier than most people could do regular ones lol. The only bad thing is that it didn't like axles, I would keep 2 extra axles with me at all times bc I was just about guaranteed to break one if I got in a bad enough hole.

duckman444
11-06-2009, 01:26 PM
i got a pipe rims and tires i did the pod mod and the air box lid but nothing internally yet. but it is truely a animal. but yes grizzlys do not like axles. but they love eating hondas especially the new ones with the motors turned 90 degrees. what geuis came up with that idea. can't keep crank shaft bearings in them motors. honda and real muddin does not mix

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 01:41 PM
i got a pipe rims and tires i did the pod mod and the air box lid but nothing internally yet. but it is truely a animal. but yes grizzlys do not like axles. but they love eating hondas especially the new ones with the motors turned 90 degrees. what geuis came up with that idea. can't keep crank shaft bearings in them motors. honda and real muddin does not mix

Not at all!!! I would get a Honda just to use for around the farm and to go hunting, that's all they're good for.

I also had the HMF programmer and the HMF exhaust on mine. That programmer makes the world of a difference.

wtretrievers
11-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone ever had trouble keeping bearings on Yamaha's? I've replaced bearings so many times I could do it blind folded. Front especially. Just used the bike to hunt off of, no mud riding usless I had too. Have had a couple honda's & have yet to touch a bearing.

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Anyone ever had trouble keeping bearings on Yamaha's? I've replaced bearings so many times I could do it blind folded. Front especially. Just used the bike to hunt off of, no mud riding usless I had too. Have had a couple honda's & have yet to touch a bearing.

Nah, I never had a bearing issue. I had axle issues like that though, I couldn't keep an axle on my bike for nothing.

BA1125
11-06-2009, 03:30 PM
Yea I was there. That bike is fast but it isn't the fastest thing around. Don't hold me to this but I think that bike runs 3.7-3.8s in 300'. We have 3 bikes that run that or faster.

The big PlanetSand race in Gilbert, La in April every year has the fast stuff. All the big motor builders and frame builders show up from all over the United States for that race.

longsidelandry
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Yea I was there. That bike is fast but it isn't the fastest thing around. Don't hold me to this but I think that bike runs 3.7-3.8s in 300'. We have 3 bikes that run that or faster.

The big PlanetSand race in Gilbert, La in April every year has the fast stuff. All the big motor builders and frame builders show up from all over the United States for that race.

I was supposed to go one year but something else came up last minute and I had to back out.

hardball
12-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Yea that's what I had, but mine had the big bore kit, clutch kit, EHS airbox lid w/ UNI filter, Wiseco piston and Webcam. That thing was a BEAST!!! I couldn't keep the front OR rear tires on the ground, I could do reverse wheelies easier than most people could do regular ones lol. The only bad thing is that it didn't like axles, I would keep 2 extra axles with me at all times bc I was just about guaranteed to break one if I got in a bad enough hole.

:*****::*****::*****::*****:
I had the honor of being present on the first two breaks....Priceless!!!

"Ross, don't ever F&*$ing do that again!!!"