PDA

View Full Version : Weirs = life suport

"W"
09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
I just read the whole document of Spatial Ecology of adult seatrout Jody Callihand from front to back

After ready this "scientific document " you will understand the importance of our marsh system to Big Lake is!

Right now the whole east side is dead zone due to no flow from marsh to feed our lake

The west side marshes do not support the lake and its flow of water, or flush the system!!

If the weirs do not open and allow the eco system to run its chorse you will see a dramatic decline on the lake next year

Right now talking to
Crabbers
Shrimpers
Fishing guides

Nothing is paying the bills, shrimping and crabbing has fallen off to a trickle

All our duck grass experts can yap yap yap but the weirs are our life support to our lake

MarshRat89
09-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Can I borrow that?

eman
09-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Hmmmm. Guess what? same thing is going on all along the coast of La. Shrimp landings are down Crabbing has sucked. Not the weirs over on the east side?

Salty
09-15-2013, 03:50 PM
Bob, those wiers feed the entire gulf.....from South Beach to Brownsville. ;) :rolleyes:

At least...one would think so.

slickfish
09-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Bob, those wiers feed the entire gulf.....from South Beach to Brownsville. ;) :rolleyes:

Lmao!!!!!
I was just fixing to ask what baffin Bays excuse was. Just W making his parents proud if him.

"W"
09-15-2013, 06:52 PM
Hmmmm. Guess what? same thing is going on all along the coast of La. Shrimp landings are down Crabbing has sucked. Not the weirs over on the east side?

How many documented trips do you have on Big Lake?? How many shrimpers ' crabbers and guides have you spoke too since the weirs have been closed??

Another duck

Lmao!!!!!
I was just fixing to ask what baffin Bays excuse was. Just W making his parents proud if him.

O look his mom let him play on the IPad for being good at sunday school

Salty
09-16-2013, 01:19 AM
How many documented trips do you have on Big Lake?? How many shrimpers ' crabbers and guides have you spoke too since the weirs have been closed??

I don't know about Bob, but, I spoke with 2 guides just last week.

"W"
09-16-2013, 05:48 AM
I don't know about Bob, but, I spoke with 2 guides just last week.

And???

Duck Butter
09-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Why am I even 'waisting' my time bumping this?

I just got back from Grand Isle and agree with eman. Everything seems to be a little 'off' this year (crabs and shrimps). That is talking to the local bait store owners and crabbers and people who live on the island though, no PhD dissertation to back that up or anything!

Salty
09-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Why am I even 'waisting' my time bumping this?

I just got back from Grand Isle and agree with eman. Everything seems to be a little 'off' this year (crabs and shrimps). That is talking to the local bait store owners and crabbers and people who live on the island though, no PhD dissertation to back that up or anything!

Butter, did you happen to speak with the local meter reader down there? Maybe he could have shed some light for ya. They study this...ya know?

Duck Butter
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Butter, did you happen to speak with the local meter reader down there? Maybe he could have shed some light for ya. They study this...ya know?

:rotfl:

Jordan
09-20-2013, 11:35 AM
3 words.......... Deepwater Horizon Explosion

swamp snorkler
09-21-2013, 12:22 PM

pffft..... all the way to Chesapeake bay...... http://www.thehulltruth.com/mid-atlantic-chesapeake-bay/532375-theories-huge-crabbing-decline.html