PDA

View Full Version : STAR

flounder_smacker
05-23-2009, 12:08 AM
looked for the information on the star site but couldnt find what i was looking for and was seeing if any of you knew something about it. is there a flounder division for central this year? why wasnt there one last year?i caught 2 fish that went over 6lbs last year and could haven beaten all but that freak flounder at 7 something. also do they let any of those tagged reds go in vbay?

Budfish
05-23-2009, 12:24 AM
The tagged reds are let go in secret places. Only the Star officials know where. I don't know about the flounder stuff. I am not eligable for star because I have a commercial fishing license, so I don't keep up with it much.
Check here... http://www.ccalouisiana.com/cca/content/view/169/52/
or http://www.ccalouisiana.com/cca/content/view/21/39/

cmdrost
05-27-2009, 10:33 AM
yes there is a flounder division

Hackberry Hustler
05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Looks like they restructured almost all the divisions this year. Anyone know why there is only one flounder division instead of two(EAST and WEST), and four trout divisions instead of three like previous years. I really enjoy being a part of CCA and STAR every year, but this year it seems that all the catagories are all jacked up. Is it that sponsorship is way down? I was looking at Texas Star and man do they give away some prizes to the kids. Do Texas based companies really fork out that much more sponsorship dollars. STAR in louisiana will not survive without the publics interest. What do yall think.

LaAngler
05-27-2009, 11:36 AM
looks like their stance on a lot of the offshore issues is finally coming back to haunt them.

Hackberry Hustler
05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
They even did away with the Sheepshead division a few years back.

flounder_smacker
05-27-2009, 01:52 PM
last summer my buddy landed a 9 something pound sheep head and went to weigh it at dagos and to our surprise no sheephead division. he mounted that ugly thing and its one his wall. lol im not to excited about the flounder being one big division kinda sucks.